• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 216 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
red_flanders said:
thehog said:
Walsh has truly lost it now :cool:

David Walsh, the Sunday Times award-winning journalist who sold the rights to his book 'Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong' for the movie, says there's absolutely no way the cheating champion won't watch it.
"He will see it," Walsh tells JOE exclusively. "He's always been fixated on everything that comes out about him. If you write anything, you know, quicker than you can say 'Jack Flash', he'll have read it and good chance he'll react to it.
"And I’d love to be there when he does [watch]. I’d love to be a fly that had the ability to speak because when Lance complained about something I’d chirp up, ‘YEAH BUT IT'S ALL TRUE!"

http://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/lance-armstrong-will-watch-the-new-movie-about-him-without-a-doubt-say-the-creators-of-the-program/20657

Not sure what rings untrue about any of that. Seems spot on. No one cares, but seems spot on.

Because the movie deviates from the actual truth, that's why. Walsh is again trying to pretend his truth is THE truth.

It's well established Walsh makes up the story as he goes along....

‘They need to do more,’ he says. ‘Chris Froome has said he will be tested independently. Once you’ve said that, you’ve got to do it. Much of it [their unpopularity] is something they can’t control: it’s anti-Murdoch, it’s anti-one team being successful, there is an anti-British element. But they should be doing more. Tim Kerrison [head of athlete performance] said after Froome’s performance on Col de la Pierre St Martin that he has done 15 better performances than that in the last four years. So why not put them all out there and let people see that Chris Froome does incredible rides in training? I have spent time at training camps, saying to whoever is driving the car, “Does Froome train this full-on every day?” And they say, “Yeah.” He sometimes trains on his own as he feels the intensity he wants can be compromised by other riders.’

Walsh back to his best in this interview :rolleyes:

Walsh investigated Froome before agreeing to ghost-write his autobiography The Climb in 2014. ‘At this point in the Armstrong story I had six people in the team saying he had doped, and loads of evidence. With Froome, nothing. So what am I supposed to do? Make it up? Just so I can seem like a real tough guy who believes in nothing when I think there is a really decent basis for trusting Sky and Froome? When Lance was telling you he was using an altitude tent, you find out he’s not and you realise he is a liar. Stuff like that hasn’t come out about Geraint Thomas, Chris Froome or Bradley Wiggins? With Armstrong there was always that flow of evidence.’

In the Armstrong era a generation of clean riders were let down by the drugs cheats. With Froome soaked in urine and spat at during the 2015 Tour, is there a danger that the current generation of riders is being let down in a very different way, by an aggressive suspicion that fails to acknowledge sporting achievement? ‘Yes, I think there is a real danger,’ Walsh says. ‘What happens in 15 years’ time when we become pretty convinced that Chris Froome did it all clean? Do we say we were terribly unfair? People who are accusing him will feel the questions are justified. I would say the questions are justified, but with no answers to justify the questions it should have stoppedat scepticism and not gone into suspicion, hostility and accusation

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/551/david-walsh-on-armstrong-froome-and-making-a-movie

Re:

the sceptic said:
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/cycling/article1627013.ece

Walsh is back with some fresh propaganda! Didn't read it, but loving the headline.

This is awesome:

Foome’s argument was that the infection he’d picked up in Romandie exacerbated an asthmatic condition he’s had since childhood.

Yes David, the same asthmatic condition that didn't appear in your book :cool:

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re:

the sceptic said:

Walsh is back with some fresh propaganda! Didn't read it, but loving the headline.

Sorry, can't be bothered to pay 12 quid subscription to read something just to discuss the content with people who probably haven't read the whole thing themselves for the same reason

Re: Re:

Farcanal said:
the sceptic said:

Sorry, can't be bothered to pay 12 quid subscription to read something just to discuss the content with people who probably haven't read the whole thing themselves for the same reason

PK did a great job on Twitter in giving Walsh a serving for this woeful cheerleading article. I'm surprised Walsh doesn't laugh himself on how senile he has become.

What is he now? 65, 70?

thehog said:
‘They need to do more,’ he says. ‘Chris Froome has said he will be tested independently. Once you’ve said that, you’ve got to do it. Much of it [their unpopularity] is something they can’t control: it’s anti-Murdoch, it’s anti-one team being successful, there is an anti-British element. But they should be doing more. Tim Kerrison [head of athlete performance] said after Froome’s performance on Col de la Pierre St Martin that he has done 15 better performances than that in the last four years. So why not put them all out there and let people see that Chris Froome does incredible rides in training? I have spent time at training camps, saying to whoever is driving the car, “Does Froome train this full-on every day?” And they say, “Yeah.” He sometimes trains on his own as he feels the intensity he wants can be compromised by other riders.’

Walsh investigated Froome before agreeing to ghost-write his autobiography The Climb in 2014. ‘At this point in the Armstrong story I had six people in the team saying he had doped, and loads of evidence. With Froome, nothing. So what am I supposed to do? Make it up? Just so I can seem like a real tough guy who believes in nothing when I think there is a really decent basis for trusting Sky and Froome? When Lance was telling you he was using an altitude tent, you find out he’s not and you realise he is a liar. Stuff like that hasn’t come out about Geraint Thomas, Chris Froome or Bradley Wiggins? With Armstrong there was always that flow of evidence.’

In the Armstrong era a generation of clean riders were let down by the drugs cheats. With Froome soaked in urine and spat at during the 2015 Tour, is there a danger that the current generation of riders is being let down in a very different way, by an aggressive suspicion that fails to acknowledge sporting achievement? ‘Yes, I think there is a real danger,’ Walsh says. ‘What happens in 15 years’ time when we become pretty convinced that Chris Froome did it all clean? Do we say we were terribly unfair? People who are accusing him will feel the questions are justified. I would say the questions are justified, but with no answers to justify the questions it should have stoppedat scepticism and not gone into suspicion, hostility and accusation

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/551/david-walsh-on-armstrong-froome-and-making-a-movie

He's been certainly spending a lot of time with Sir Dave..the doublespeak is strong in this one...

"I would say the questions are justified, but with no answers to justify the questions it should...." I mean...what???????? I think he means with the questions not being answered, which is where you would think an investigative journalist would step in....oh...wait a minute..

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

StryderHells said:
Archibald said:
chuckmicD said:
"With Froome soaked in urine." Erm...marginal gain?
"soaked" suggests it was a large bucket poured over him and not the thrown 'cup'... :rolleyes:
But that also assumes urine was thrown at Froome, I know there is footage about that something was thrown at Froome in the Tour but who really knows it was urine? I seriously doubt it

I always figured beer was a bit more likely.
Obviously, that isnt acceptable either- just pointing out that I dont think it was urine.
I mean really...who does that?

gillan1969 said:
thehog said:

He's been certainly spending a lot of time with Sir Dave..the doublespeak is strong in this one...

"I would say the questions are justified, but with no answers to justify the questions it should...." I mean...what???????? I think he means with the questions not being answered, which is where you would think an investigative journalist would step in....oh...wait a minute..

Don't really see how that's different from claiming froome rode in Sandshoes when that was clearly not true.

The Hitch said:
gillan1969 said:
thehog said:

Don't really see how that's different from claiming froome rode in Sandshoes when that was clearly not true.

the sandshoes is straightforward lie...however saying that questions are not justified because there are no...eh...answers...is...eh.....well...I'm not quite sure what that is other than 'confused'...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Walsh's transformation is greater than Froome's. From fan with a typewriter on Kelly to a journalist on Armstrong, Roche, Michelle Smith etc..and back to a fan on Sky.

More good news for Walsh. Nobody to turned up to watch the movie in Austin, Texas.

The fest came to a close the night of Nov. 5 with “The Program,” British filmmaker Stephen Frears’ dramatization of the Lance Armstrong story.

The problem (and this might have partially explained a half-empty ground floor of the Paramount for the film) is that virtually anyone interested in the Lance Armstrong story already knows the Lance Armstrong story. And Frears’ movie doesn’t offer fresh insights on this still-exceptionally weird tale. (It is a tale told far better in Alex Holmes’ stellar documentary “Stop at Nothing” and Alex Gibney’s solid doc “The Armstrong Lie.”)

http://movies.blog.austin360.com/2015/11/06/austin-film-festival-2015-the-program-frustrates/

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

thehog said:
the sceptic said:

This is awesome:

Foome’s argument was that the infection he’d picked up in Romandie exacerbated an asthmatic condition he’s had since childhood.

Oh boy, Badzilla II.

Don't you dare to think what one should expect once he finally gets rid of this one.

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

doperhopper said:
thehog said:
the sceptic said:

This is awesome:

Oh boy, Badzilla II.

Don't you dare to think what one should expect once he finally gets rid of this one.
He's probably got some other sickness stored away somewhere. Might come in handy.

47 The Program UK/Fra £3,940 StudioCanal -39% 5 11 £35 £353,865

The Program is actually still in UK cinemas, down 40% on last week and coming in at 47th most watched movie.

Its made 350k GBP from a 15m budget. Won't be getting released in the US at this rate. Not sure if Walsh still talks about the movie on not but its a little embarrassing for him.