• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Race Radio said:
If you read what I wrote that day it is clear. When Froome attacked I wrote

After many inaccurate numbers flew around I wrote this.

Then this

https://twitter.com/TheRaceRadio/status/356513694420701184

How am I trying to excuse Froome by pointing out he has the 2nd fastest ever time? Of course the Hog knows this but ignores it as he loves to cause conflict.

Then I referred people to follow a few people who I think do excellent work and stepped away from the discussion

Which you have subsequently defended for months by using the tailwind.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
<snip>

1+1 is it. I have heard two things today from the likes of you. Sky have hired Motoman and are doping or that him doing mechanical work on their bikes is proof of doping.

Sky told us he was working for them as a mechanic. Sky have told us so many things that just sound ridiculous.

Their transparency is zero.

Benotti69 said:
Sky told us he was working for them as a mechanic. Sky have told us so many things that just sound ridiculous.

The bike shop is near Nice. Froome & Porte live in Monacro. Ok not far a way but not local. Also Stars n Bikes is a Trek dealer not Pinarello. Although he's not welding frames together.

Besides cant Froome change a tyre?

There's no other Sky approved mechanics in Monanco that weren't former drug runners for Armstrong?

It's such an odd connection.

It makes you wonder why these same characters just keep popping up and each and every times it's 'innocent', really it it.

Does Motoman appear in Yates's biography?

I think even If we set aside the motoman link as just a coincidence, people are missing out on one thing - Yates said he knew nothing of the doping with Disco and lance...that he was just the guy who drove the car...so how the hell did he know who Motoman was?

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Sorry, genuinely confused. when did SKY say this? I recall the man himself saying he fixed froome and Porte's bike,among others in his own shop. And clearly he's a friend of Yates. But I don't recall Sky hiring the man, as a mechanic or anything else.

Could you forward the link/source for that information, please. Thanks.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
I think even If we set aside the motoman link as just a coincidence, people are missing out on one thing - Yates said he knew nothing of the doping with Disco and lance...that he was just the guy who drove the car...so how the hell did he know who Motoman was?
Moto and Yatesie are livelong buddies according to Tyler.

@vickers; Benotti is confused.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
The bike shop is near Nice. Froome & Porte live in Monacro. Ok not far a way but not local. Also Stars n Bikes is a Trek dealer not Pinarello. Although he's not welding frames together.

Besides cant Froome change a tyre?

There's no other Sky approved mechanics in Monanco that weren't former drug runners for Armstrong?

It's such an odd connection.

It makes you wonder why these same characters just keep popping up and each and every times it's 'innocent', really it it.

Does Motoman appear in Yates's biography?
"If a mechanic sticks a tyre on, and someone comes along and says it could be done better, it's not an insult - it's because we are always striving for improvement, for those 1% gains, in absolutely every single thing we do."

Maybe motoman is the best mechanic in the world? Whatever he did for Armstrong is in the past and he stopped doing that in 2006.

Maybe he became friends with Yates while working for US Postal, and that friendship went beyond his role as an EPO mule, so it continued afterwards? Seriously, you guys are blowing it out of proportion. The only significance of the link is that the whole Motoman thing is hilarious, but I don't think it should really be brought up for anything other than a cheap laugh.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
When the UK press phoned him up about Lance he was able to say "That's bullsh1t, I never did that".

I think he understands well enough to lie.

What is decent btw? Like a scot? :rolleyes:

The first proper dictionary of the language was compiled by a Scot. You might want to consult it before attempting to dismiss yet another anglo-speaking tribe.

Now then, given we now seem to have suggested that Moto was a long time friends of Yates, who speaks very good vernacular English in France, and can fix bikes in his own shop...why on earth might an english speaking pair of cyclists with Yates as a DS have any connection with same? hmmm?

The mind boggles.

martinvickers said:
The first proper dictionary of the language was compiled by a Scot. You might want to consult it before attempting to dismiss yet another anglo-speaking tribe.

Now then, given we now seem to have suggested that Moto was a long time friends of Yates, who speaks very good vernacular English in France, and can fix bikes in his own shop...why on earth might an english speaking pair of cyclists with Yates as a DS have any connection with same? hmmm?

The mind boggles.

Maybe Chris & Richie could tell us?

I wonder what the English translation of dérailleur is? :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
martinvickers said:
Thanks, FGL, I suspected as much, but one has to ask.

Does Moto speak decent English,I wonder?

Suspicions were wrong Marty, not first time. Do try and keep up. See Owen Slot's tweets below.

owenslotTheTimes ‏@owenslot 11 Oct

Maire told us how he used to work w/ Chris Froome and Richie Porte following introduction from Sean Yates.....

.....don't believe remotely he did anything bar mechanical work on their bikes. But this just shows the twisted, intertwined world of cycling

Philipe Maire = Motoman.

Why use a guy 19kms away when there must be a host of decent mechanics in Monaco who Cipollini, Rebellin, Gilbert, Hushvod and a host of others used and use. Never mind all the F1 drivers who cycle for fitness!!!!

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Suspicions were wrong Marty, not first time. Do try and keep up. See Owen Slot's tweets below.

Philipe Maire = Motoman.

Why use a guy 19kms away when there must be a host of decent mechanics in Monaco who Cipollini, Rebellin, Gilbert, Hushvod and a host of others used and use. Never mind all the F1 drivers who cycle for fitness!!!!

Gilbert uses/used Stars 'n Bikes

hrotha said:
Maybe he became friends with Yates while working for US Postal

Yates didn't work for US Postal. But that aside, Yates knows Maire from before the Disco days. He and Yates go back to the Peugot/Fagor days in the eighties.

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Maybe he became friends with Yates while working for US Postal

Yates didn't work for US Postal. But that aside, Yates knows Maire from before the Disco days. He and Yates go back to the Peugot/Fagor days in the eighties.

TheGame said:
Gilbert uses/used Stars 'n Bikes

So Yates hooked Lance up with Marie the gardner? And Yates hooked up Froome/Porte.

I see the pattern, yes.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Philipe Maire = Motoman.

Seems I suspected just right. No sign at all that SKY hired anybody, but a personal introduction to an independent bike shop owner. A shady d***head groupie bike shop owner, but all the same, ahrdly a sky hire by any stretch of the imagination.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Philipe Maire = Motoman.

I'm sure they have never ridden their bikes more than 19km on their personal rides. It's probably too far away to train.

Porte will have a clear advantage over many of his TT rivals on the race’s final day, on Sunday, because he knows Col d’Eze like the back of his hand. When asked how often he rides the climb towering above Nice, France, and Monaco, he replied with a smile: “In training, I ride Col d’Eze every second day.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/03/news/porte-i-felt-like-a-****er-in-no-1-bib_277314

martinvickers said:
I'm sure there's a point there. Damned if I can see it, so if you'd be so kind to explain the relevance...

I'm sure you'll pries it out of me Martin.

With your hardline posting style.

Now back to Walsh. Did he print the Motoman revelations? Or did it slip through the Walsh-net as he was embedded in a 5-star hotel :rolleyes:

martinvickers said:

The mind boggles.

I would be happy in the extreme to be embarrassed to learn who this Scot was?

And I can respectfully inform you the Scots as a 'tribe' did not remotely speak an Anglo language (unless you want to get into a debate about indo-european language of course).

The rest is pretty much of the same nonsense, how many French people would understand vernacular English;)

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
Cool! Motoman didn't need the bike that day. Richie swung by the bike stop to get his high.

In all seriousness Porte smashes that ITT on that day. Smashed so much he had to slow down at the end.

I just read the article again. He said Porte and Froome haven't been back since the Hamilton book. He wasn't happy about it either and said Brailsford stopped it.

ferryman said:
I would be happy in the extreme to be embarrassed to learn who this Scot was?

And I can respectfully inform you the Scots as a 'tribe' did not remotely speak an Anglo language (unless you want to get into a debate about indo-european language of course).

The rest is pretty much of the same nonsense, how many French people would understand vernacular English;)

I think he is mixing up Boswell & Johnston (the way folk here mix up Ferrari & Leinders)

BTW "derailleur" means "fu**ing expensive gear shifter....the bigger the poser, the more it costs"

TRENDING THREADS