• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 128 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
DW: I think they could. I’ve seen data from Chris Froome’s Barloworld years, from 2008 and 2009. And that stuff is very interesting and it would certainly indicate that what Froome has been doing at Sky is not actually that much different relative to his loss of weight from Barloworld to now. I’ve seen what the exercise physiologist at Barloworld has done and his view is that there is certainly nothing that Froome is doing now that is that different. I’ve seen that.

If Froome always had the same power but just lost some weight, how does that explain his ITTing getting better? shouldnt it get worse then?

And also, I thought it was the badzilla that was the reason he sucked back then.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Nice interview with Walsh today, shows class and most certainly a more solid point of view, based on much better proofs and direct observations.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
what proofs?

read the article, if you cant see them i can't help you, they are pretty obvious, no extra explaining will help :rolleyes: stuff like direct observation, direct access to data not accesible to others, all backed by good reputation and professionalism, etc.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/photos/inside-the-team-sky-service-course

wCEiPIY.jpg

;)

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
what proofs?

More proof than u lad, what proof you got except all BS drivel. These lot re so insecure now Walsh was their hero when Armstrong got caught, but guess what their cycnics, Walsh believes Sky he get access they still think doping is happening. Have a good day, some people have better things to do than talking about Sky, i may get you guys a Sky bib for christmas as thats what u like the most.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
EnacheV said:
read the article, if you cant see them i can't help you, they are pretty obvious, no extra explaining will help :rolleyes: stuff like direct observation, direct access to data not accesible to others, etc.

Yeah, the bits where Walsh ignored that they had a doping doctor working for 2 years and where he says he wouldn't ask anyone about a doping past because he wouldn't want to ruin a career, but everyone on Sky is so nice and the guys they let go who all have great jobs at new teams were so nice. Nice guys dont dope.

Yeah I believe Walsh, Sky are clean...................as the slums of Nairobi.

hrotha said:
What the **** am I reading.

To this day, Ferrari has never said he's ever done anything unethical, has he?
edit:

WHAT THE ****? I'm seriously ****ed now. Brailsford said some of the most disgusting things I've ever heard to use Txema's death as a justification for hiring Leinders, and Walsh wants to pretend it never happened? **** that. "Oooh, Txema died so we need doctos with experience in cycling". How the hell does that work? Did Txema's death have anything to do with cycling? It's absolutely disgusting.

This quite simply is the bottom line. If Brailsford lied like that about hiring Lienders and Team SKY PR are unwilling to admit this was a lie, how can anyone trust Sky to be clean for one second.

I do notice that the last few times I have seen del and parker here, and now tank does the same, they have not adressed the questions directed at their heroes, but instead opted to make personal accusations of Sky's doubters.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TANK91 said:
More proof than u lad, what proof you got except all BS drivel. These lot re so insecure now Walsh was their hero when Armstrong got caught, but guess what their cycnics, Walsh believes Sky he get access they still think doping is happening. Have a good day, some people have better things to do than talking about Sky, i may get you guys a Sky bib for christmas as thats what u like the most.

Froome can ride faster up mountains than dopers on EPO and you and Walsh believe this is clean racing?

Froome's Barloworld numbers are very close to his Sky numbers, but these are not released! Yeah the transparency is so evident that of course they are clean.

Only BS here is Walsh spewing Sky's BS.

I find the Nutella story odd.

Are Sky playing with him?

Lopez at the Tour brought Nutella to the breakfast table? At the Tour?

You mean no one knew or saw him have it before? No one said anything?

You mean the English riders were just taking the p1ss out of him? Or it's a wind up on Walsh!

Seriously. Walsh buys this stuff?

hrotha said:
What the **** am I reading.

To this day, Ferrari has never said he's ever done anything unethical, has he?
edit:

WHAT THE ****? I'm seriously ****ed now. Brailsford said some of the most disgusting things I've ever heard to use Txema's death as a justification for hiring Leinders, and Walsh wants to pretend it never happened? **** that. "Oooh, Txema died so we need doctos with experience in cycling". How the hell does that work? Did Txema's death have anything to do with cycling? It's absolutely disgusting.

Come on hrotha, this is pro cycling.
Everything goes.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Bro, when is that from?

It's from a few years ago, it was meant jokingly tbh not as proof of anything. You can find the original article if you click on the link to the left of the thumbnail gallery.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Walsh - " I’ve seen what the exercise physiologist at Barloworld has done and his view is that there is certainly nothing that Froome is doing now that is that different."

WTF, so Barlowrold were doing 'marginal gains' too? I dont remember Froome winning at Barloworld so if he is not doing anything exercise or physiologically different it must be doping!!!

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
If Froome always had the same power but just lost some weight, how does that explain his ITTing getting better? shouldnt it get worse then?
Yeah, doesn't add up does it? He apparently didn't test his TT position in a wind tunnel until 2013, so it can't be that.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing.

Walsh stating he believes Sky are clean bcause Rod Ellingworth with whom he spend 40 ours in the car with - you will recall him being a contemporary of Julich, Millar and the other doper he mentioned, in the Gospel of David, who he [Roddy Ellingworth] believed were just training smarter - was such a great fella.

So, David thinks when looking in the eyes of his new friend, who has a grudge for EVIL doper Virenque - the tearing of the Tour Guide comes to mind - but does not have a grudge for his former collegue Julich at team Sky, he can be trusted?

The real question for David Walsh now should be how he thinks of his dear old friend Jonathan Vague. Is he an evil doper? Or is he a man who can convince him his team is clean just because of his personality?

Contradictions, contradictions.

So sorry for the fanboy formerly known as the journalist David Walsh.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:

And also, I thought it was the badzilla that was the reason he sucked back then.
leaner CdA, or whatever the aero coefficient thing is

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Does he listen to himself?

First Walsh says this:
DW: ...But I did listen to the Sky riders who came from other teams, and to a man, they all said the training at Team Sky was on another level to other teams. I spoke to Bobby Julich and I know he thinks Sky are on a completely different level to BMC, who he has worked with. I do know that Steven de Jongh spoke on Dutch television and said Sky are on a different level to Saxo. So these guys who have worked on other top teams all agree Sky were on a different level.

Then later he says this:

DW: I think they could. I’ve seen data from Chris Froome’s Barloworld years, from 2008 and 2009. And that stuff is very interesting and it would certainly indicate that what Froome has been doing at Sky is not actually that much different relative to his loss of weight from Barloworld to now. I’ve seen what the exercise physiologist at Barloworld has done and his view is that there is certainly nothing that Froome is doing now that is that different. I’ve seen that.

I wouldn't call these directly contradictory, but they certainly aren't consistent. If Froome is clean, then his training should be radically different than at Barloworld to get the massive and sudden improvement we saw in 2011.