• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Is Walsh on the Sky bandwagon?

Page 220 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

MikeS369 said:
Taxus4a said:
I dont like that things abourt SKY, and I dont like team with big money, and I dont like newspapers so close to teams, but things always worrk that way. In spain with contador or Valverdeis the same, is normal, and before was the same with Banesto and Indurain.

I dont like that of walsh, but I understand it is normal that a journalist who has fight againt doping support the team most have do againts doping in cycling history.

Some people could now dont see that, I unerstand his reasons, people could dont like the way SKY do things, but in the future people will admit that. it is a question of time. I dont like a lot of things of SKY, but it is amazing what he can do in a lot of aspect that have been revolutionaries in cycling, so I must recognize that and gratefull to show other people how to improve performance without doping.

What "revolutionaires in cycling" has Sky come up with?

I think you dont follow cycling if you need to ask that question, but it is something everybody inside cycling talked about.

I am going to give you just one example, before SKY people didnt do roller after a race. Now everybody do that.

Like that, lot of things, especially technology.

it is not exacly what I was looking, but I very agree this interview:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/03/news/team-skys-secret-new-training-method_398401

Anyway we are bnot going to supass Pantani and Mayo reco very easy, maybe impossible, but must be people on the world able to do it, maybe in a mountain in Rwanda, but they will never take a bike.

If you can translate this you will see how the other teams has copy them.

http://ciclismo.as.com/ciclismo/2012/12/29/mas_ciclismo/1356739911_638871.html

Re:

Taxus4a said:
UCi considered that the motorhomke Porte wanted to use in the Giro and Froome in the Tour was an adavntage for teams with more resources. I agree with that, so it is ok. But SKY is always looking how to improve, in relax, in nutyrition, in phisiology, in techics... There are still most of riders that dont use the oval plate.

My guess is your talking about the oval chainrings? Those aren't even guaranteed to enhance your performance...last I saw, the jury is still out on that.

Re:

Taxus4a said:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/03/news/team-skys-secret-new-training-method_398401

Anyway we are bnot going to supass Pantani and Mayo reco very easy, maybe impossible, but must be people on the world able to do it, maybe in a mountain in Rwanda, but they will never take a bike.

I was shocked by this article when it first appeared in the Telegraph and even more shocked that other site decided it was worthy of a re-publish.

The U.K.’s Telegraph has an exclusive interview up with Team Sky’s head of athlete development, Tim Kerrison, in which he reveals that the team is using a secret new training method this season.

Kerrison, who coached both Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome to Tour de France glory, doesn’t offer any details about the new training method, but he does make the rather bold claim that clean riders can not only compete with doped ones but can even surpass the performances of doped riders of the past.

Basically to say we are all about transparency. We are about to rip the doors off the Tour and we need excuse for going full genius. Cycling really can't help itself.

Jspear said:
Taxus4a said:
UCi considered that the motorhomke Porte wanted to use in the Giro and Froome in the Tour was an adavntage for teams with more resources. I agree with that, so it is ok. But SKY is always looking how to improve, in relax, in nutyrition, in phisiology, in techics... There are still most of riders that dont use the oval plate.

My guess is your talking about the oval chainrings? Those aren't even guaranteed to enhance your performance...last I saw, the jury is still out on that.

An expro of Euskaltel told me that the mechanics telle them is not and enhance, but there is studies that show that yes. But you need to train properly and adap to that. that is the difference betwwen some riers or teams, and anothers. Several riders last years have won le Tour with that chainring: Sastre, Wiggo, Froome, and all of them told there is a difference.

That rider told me he didnt see anything wrong in Euskaltel, he was young, so maybe, but at the same time he was working for people as Igor Anton, a rider who clearly is not the same who was close to win la Vuelta, it is just a rider who has some good days in the mountains, who is the quelity I think he has.

There are riders that doped in the past, as Contador, but without doping they are similar good, better respect others, and worse respect another, and people as Valverde who doped, but without doping he perform similar and he is even better in results, becouse doping improve better other people.

Sorry to mix things, but I write as I remenber things.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

thehog said:
Taxus4a said:

I was shocked by this article when it first appeared in the Telegraph and even more shocked that other site decided it was worthy of a re-publish.

The U.K.’s Telegraph has an exclusive interview up with Team Sky’s head of athlete development, Tim Kerrison, in which he reveals that the team is using a secret new training method this season.

Kerrison, who coached both Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome to Tour de France glory, doesn’t offer any details about the new training method, but he does make the rather bold claim that clean riders can not only compete with doped ones but can even surpass the performances of doped riders of the past.

Basically to say we are all about transparency. We are about to rip the doors off the Tour and we need excuse for going full genius. Cycling really can't help itself.
I actually can't believe he put that in writing and people will swallow it .

New training method my hole- he might as well just come out and say- we have a new drug and we know there isn't testing for it and we are gonna go nuts-
It would be in Sky's best interests to shut him up cause stuff like that will put a focus they really don't want on them. His paymasters would be best served getting better press advice as whoever came up with that one maybe hasn't realised the french press will go nuts (unless a frenchman goes full on of course).

noddy69 said:
thehog said:
Taxus4a said:

New training method my hole- he might as well just come out and say- we have a new drug and we know there isn't testing for it and we are gonna go nuts-
It would be in Sky's best interests to shut him up cause stuff like that will put a focus they really don't want on them. His paymasters would be best served getting better press advice as whoever came up with that one maybe hasn't realised the french press will go nuts (unless a frenchman goes full on of course).

Well, you think that way, I know is not that way.
You surely were wrong thinking that in the 1995 people win by his quality and work, and you surely are now wrong thinking the new era is based in drugs.
In your case just time will make you see the reality, or maybe in cases as yours there is no solution.

Cheers!

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
MikeS369 said:
Taxus4a said:
I dont like that things abourt SKY, and I dont like team with big money, and I dont like newspapers so close to teams, but things always worrk that way. In spain with contador or Valverdeis the same, is normal, and before was the same with Banesto and Indurain.

I dont like that of walsh, but I understand it is normal that a journalist who has fight againt doping support the team most have do againts doping in cycling history.

Some people could now dont see that, I unerstand his reasons, people could dont like the way SKY do things, but in the future people will admit that. it is a question of time. I dont like a lot of things of SKY, but it is amazing what he can do in a lot of aspect that have been revolutionaries in cycling, so I must recognize that and gratefull to show other people how to improve performance without doping.

I think you dont follow cycling if you need to ask that question, but it is something everybody inside cycling talked about.

I am going to give you just one example, before SKY people didnt do roller after a race. Now everybody do that.

LIES.

Riders rode the Tour de Romandie and Tour De Suisse in the 80s and did an extra 50 miles warm down after stages in prep for TdF.

Sky have invented nothing new!! This has been done countless times in Sky and related threads so to bring it up is trolling.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
noddy69 said:
thehog said:
Taxus4a said:

Well, you think that way, I know is not that way.
You surely were wrong thinking that in the 1995 people win by his quality and work, and you surely are now wrong thinking the new era is based in drugs.
In your case just time will make you see the reality, or maybe in cases as yours there is no solution.

Cheers!
You actually believe that times surpassing that of absolute full on doping are possible and Sky have secret training methods that they use that they will tell noone about....that they have obviously only figured out this year....and the secret training methods all the other years arent as good as this one obviously cause otherwise all the riders that left would share the secrets.......... and sure next year when someone leaves they'll ave a new super duper training method thats a secret......really in baby steps it goes like this

are you using drugs ?
Sky: No way
Well how are you beating Armstrongs and dopers times (and dopers )?
Sky: Cant tell you
Please?
Sky: No
Pretty please
Sky: Can't its a secret
Aw pretty please
Sky: No way my mummy rupert says if we tell secrets we will get in trouble

Good quote “Lies and secrets, Tessa, they are like a cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind.”

Taxus4a said:
MikeS369 said:
Taxus4a said:

I was getting on the rollers, or riding easy on the road after races, especially track races at TWELVE years of age! This is not new. Sky just started doing this immediately after crossing the finish, whereas others would wait until they got back to the team hotel.

As for technology, what has Sky revolutionised? Lemond and Fignon were among the first adopters of power meters in the late 1980's! Elliptical chainrings have been around more than 12 years and have arguable benefits. Shimano drivetrains and wheels are used by half the peloton. Pinarello frames were so good Movistar dropped them for Canyon.

42x16ss said:
Taxus4a said:
MikeS369 said:
Taxus4a said:

I was getting on the rollers, or riding easy on the road after races, especially track races at TWELVE years of age! This is not new. Sky just started doing this immediately after crossing the finish, whereas others would wait until they got back to the team hotel.

As for technology, what has Sky revolutionised? Lemond and Fignon were among the first adopters of power meters in the late 1980's! Elliptical chainrings have been around more than 12 years and have arguable benefits. Shimano drivetrains and wheels are used by half the peloton. Pinarello frames were so good Movistar dropped them for Canyon.

Fantastic post.

So basically what Sky did, was move the rollers to where they could have the cameras on them, film themselves doing the warm down everyone was always doing anyway, then lie that they are the only team to do it.

In other words they seem to be investing a lot of effort in creating the illusion that they are creating new training methods.

Why would a legitimately clean team that wanted innovation, behave that way?

The Hitch said:
42x16ss said:
Taxus4a said:
MikeS369 said:
Taxus4a said:

Fantastic post.

So basically what Sky did, was move the rollers to where they could have the cameras on them, film themselves doing the warm down everyone was always doing anyway, then lie that they are the only team to do it.

In other words they seem to be investing a lot of effort in creating the illusion that they are creating new training methods.

Why would a legitimately clean team that wanted innovation, behave that way?

This nails it, once again. If Sky were really clean and had really gained significant advantages from using rollers after a stage, or drinking pineapple juice, or having nice pillows, or using their own olive oil; they would do everything possible to keep that quiet and hidden from other teams and, consequently, the public.

All the waffle and propaganda is not designed to appease the critics; it's just designed to give fans the little reassurance they need to believe that the team is clean.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

DFA123 said:
This nails it, once again. If Sky were really clean and had really gained significant advantages from using rollers after a stage, or drinking pineapple juice, or having nice pillows, or using their own olive oil; they would do everything possible to keep that quiet and hidden from other teams and, consequently, the public.

All the waffle and propaganda is not designed to appease the critics; it's just designed to give fans the little reassurance they need to believe that the team is clean.

It is but a thin yet effective veneer.

42x16ss said:
Taxus4a said:
MikeS369 said:
Taxus4a said:

The irony in the whole matter of warming up/down is that all riders have to have to ride back to their hotels/buses post stage. Especially for mountain top finishes, they roll down and spin their legs out to the base of the mountain. That has been the defacto standard since the beginning of the Tour. Even at amateur levels of cycling, riding to and from the race start is the norm. Pedro Delgardo for crying out loud missed the start of his TT in the 89 Tour because he was warming up in the back streets and got lost!

The only reason we’ve seen this change of riders warming up/down out the front of team buses is publicity. Resistance trainers have become smaller, easier to store and its more convenient to warm up in front of the bus rather than ride the streets and warm up.

Taxus4a said:
MikeS369 said:
Taxus4a said:

I see I don't need to respond as you have been shown by others here to be wrong. Not that I think that will keep you from parroting the "clean era" of cycling propaganda.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
DFA123 said:

why did the emperors clothes emperor wear emperors clothes qua emperors clothes

solve that riddle, you have your answer

blackcat said:
Benotti69 said:
DFA123 said:

I'm not sure there have been marginal gains claimed for riding as a nudist.
;)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

TourOfSardinia said:
blackcat said:
Benotti69 said:
DFA123 said:

I'm not sure there have been marginal gains claimed for riding as a nudist.
;)
Film STRIPS with very Marginal gains. By FISH HACK

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Had to laugh at this, found on the UK time trialling forum. :)

Finally the ST is part of the Murdoch stable, premiership football is the Murdochs' Sky TV's prime asset, and James Murdoch's pet project Team Sky is part of the post-hacking clean branding push, so will the ST be allowed to go after "group assets" even if it has the evidence? Kimmage was booted off the ST staff for doing exactly that and since then Walsh has been a toothless gimp
http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=109395&page=3

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Robert21 said:

Finally the ST is part of the Murdoch stable, premiership football is the Murdochs' Sky TV's prime asset, and James Murdoch's pet project Team Sky is part of the post-hacking clean branding push, so will the ST be allowed to go after "group assets" even if it has the evidence? Kimmage was booted off the ST staff for doing exactly that and since then Walsh has been a toothless gimp

I had to laugh at this too considering the ST has brought the doping story to the Premiership the last few days.

gooner said:
Robert21 said:

I had to laugh at this too considering the ST has brought the doping story to the Premiership the last few days.

Even more funny, Walsh had nothing to do with the investigation along with pretending "Britsh Tour de France Cyclist" was never mentioned.

Walsh, King of Avoidence.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

thehog said:
gooner said:
Robert21 said:

Even more funny, Walsh had nothing to do with the investigation along with pretending "Britsh Tour de France Cyclist" was never mentioned.

Walsh, King of Avoidence.

My comment had nothing to do with Walsh.

The reference that the ST wouldn't touch these stories has been proven to be a falsehood.

TRENDING THREADS