• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jakob Fuglsang discussion thread

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, I second the last couple of posts. He didn't look too troubled, and honestly, with the insane level he has had the last year and a half, it has to take more than a few bad showings in a warm-up race to make his star fade IMO.

We have to remember, it's still over 2 weeks to Worlds and over 6 weeks to the end of the Giro, if he was in peak condition and riding hard now, he would be completely gassed by week 3 in the Giro.

I'm pretty sure he knows, that he has the opportunity of a lifetime this year, both at Worlds and the Giro, and he is too experienced to mistime his condition.

I think he is being extremely disciplined at T-A, and even when he wants to (and could), he is being careful not to go too deep, because of the races to come.

Fingers crossed :D

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Interesting comments by Jakob. Vicenzo was one of the first to attack that eventually led to their group of 5 going clear. But afterwards Vicenzo was on the limit, Jakob did look stronger attacking just afterwards. If he can keep it up maybe he can drop the rest on a harder climb.

Reactions: Pantani_lives
Here are his thoughts on the Etna stage (for some reason not with the other pieces). Says Nibali isn't on the same level as 2016 and that he isn't scared of him.

EDIT:

And I missed this one too!

Fuglsang asking for an ass kicking

• Haha
Reactions: SarahtheDane
Interesting comments by Jakob. Vicenzo was one of the first to attack that eventually led to their group of 5 going clear. But afterwards Vicenzo was on the limit, Jakob did look stronger attacking just afterwards. If he can keep it up maybe he can drop the rest on a harder climb.

Looked like he tried it a few times but never could get rid of Nibali and Pozzo. Majka was dropped every single time they accelerated.
I think Fuglsang and Nibali are pretty much on an equal level. They also aren´t going to work together even though they probably could eliminate all remaining opponents. That leaves the door open for guys like Majka, Pozzo, Kruijswijk and Kelderman.

Also wouldn´t be suprised if he loses time on a flat/hilly/technical stage at some point. Astana is never close to the front. Just one split in the peleton at the wrong time could be enough to end his GC hopes. Today he himself was the one to close a small gap in the sprint. Barely avoided losing another 5-10s to Nibali and Almeida.

TRENDING THREADS