• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

João Almeida - Bota Lume

Page 99 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Okay, that makes sense.

He must have overtaken quite a few riders on the climb yesterday, though. It was hard not to laugh a little when he showed up in fifth (I'm not accusing him of not riding for Pog by the way, I do think he tried as well as he could).
He doesn't have problems in working for Pogacar. You saw that in Adet. He will be very important to maintain a steady gap for Pogacar before being launched by Yates.

I 100% agree just read he is bound to go there nothing else.

Checking on google now this came up ''"TopCycling sources can confirm that Almeida has no interest in leaving UAE-Emirates. Almeida to Astana is a no-go situation," he wrote. Hence the Kazakh team loses one of it's possible new leaders into 2025''

I hope he stays at uae but isnt Astana in talks of takeover and if that happens a new leader wouldntt be out of the question more a guarenteed. Ive just read from someone it popped up more than one time that he will go to Astana thats the only reason I maybe thought so might not be the case at all and just silly rumours.

Is he enjoying the race? Both of the last two days he was caught by Anders Mielke right after the finish and in both instances he seemed rather subdued. Not really the mood for a teammate to the guy who just crushed the field on both stages.

I still wonder why they're even allowed to do those interviews when the guys haven't even got to their soigneurs yet. In Almeida's shoes I'd be riding straight past :grin:

TLDR:
- not feeling great during the last few days
- legs were better in tour de suisse
- would like to win a stage, but won't be this year
- 100% focused on helping Pogacar take the win

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGYXa5onMCw

:hearteyecat::hearteyecat: The hair the smiles, the voice. This is too adorable!
Patrick Broe saying Almeida is a Portuguese water spaniel https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Portuguese+water+spaniel&t=brave&iax=images&ia=images

iu

Too funny and very on point with his eyes and hair 🤣

Reactions: Sandisfan
Super Solid Ride of Almeida on this "Big Lap"!
4th was the realistic best position for him after Roglic dropped.
He was the best of the rest, and the gap from Almeida to Remco seems to be the same gap from Remco to Pogacar.

Also 3rd best ride of a Portuguese cyclist ever on Tour, just behind Joaquim Agostinho (2x3rd). Who could have been one of the greatest if he hadn't a bit of Roglic on him :D

Now La Vuelta, he will be competing with the best of the rest plus Roglic, think a top 3 is a realistic aspiration for him. And if the stars align who knows?

BOTA LUME!

Maybe I should clarify what I mean; I meant Almeida is clearly in his best shape ever. Whether he's better than Rogla that's to see in the coming weeks. But even if he obviously wants to win vuelta I still believe he'll be happy with silver as it means he's better than last year. It will also mean he's then better than Ayuso (and Yates), which I honestly believe is part of his goals this season. Obviously not anything he can say out loud, but in house competition definitely seems to give him extra fuel :joycat:

Last edited: