• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Nick C. said:
I haven't read every post here, but other than the OP is there anything more concrete. The Velo article linked just says "source close to" whatever TF that means and goes on to give a highlight reel from the MJ article.

Nick: RaceRadio is almost always correct on his predictions. I wouldn't even call them predictions. He has a tendency to get tomorrow's newspaper delivered today. So you might just want to trust this one.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
patricknd said:
he's not chained in your attic, is he? :D

Damn hippies:

DieHippieDie04.jpg

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
He is managing the squad while manning the team commode. In there he has a cell phone, an iPad, and everything. If he is stumped by a question then he can use one of his lifelines to call Armstrong.

I've asked my VN friend, who is usually glued to his crackberry. No reply. Meaning: Velonews is not willing to ask the simple question of:

"Where exactly is Johan?"

I suspect that this is because the mainstream cycling media refuse to report it, as they do not want to be denied future access to the brothers Schleck during July.

Benotti69 said:
Where does Weisel feature in all this?

To me he is the Don Corleone behind it all. Is he telling Armstrong to whack JB á la Jimmy Conway :D

Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner!

As mentioned long ago in this thread, The Hog seems of little use to them any more. Given the world class skulduggery between The Hog, Weisel and Wonderboy, the politics of it all would be interesting.

if The Hog has been ratted out, you have to wonder if Weisel's calculations are that The Hog's incriminating information isn't going to break the myth. I say look for another Wonderboy interview where he begins to position himself as "I was just a racehorse."

Followed much, much later by The Hog was the evil genius angle generated by any regulatory processing. (USADA/Law Enforcment/Civil) It would be great if more came of all of this. I'm still not optimistic.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Andynominous:

Saw your post about fanboys defending their hero until the death. Man has been struggling with this same concept for thousands of years already.

Romans 8:31 says:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

It actually speaks to self-righteousness, not actual righteousness.

In other words, we're mere human beings. It's in our very nature to be this way about things. We seldom see outside of ourselves. We tend to defend our positions rather vigorously.

BotanyBay said:
Nick: RaceRadio is almost always correct on his predictions. I wouldn't even call them predictions. He has a tendency to get tomorrow's newspaper delivered today. So you might just want to trust this one.

Well said, he's connected and gets the scoop no doubt. His problem is that his zeal for Armstrong blood often makes his opinions complete bs.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner!

As mentioned long ago in this thread, The Hog seems of little use to them any more. Given the world class skulduggery between The Hog, Weisel and Wonderboy, the politics of it all would be interesting. .

I can't help but think of the scene in Goodfellas where Jimmy tried to whack Karen:

02:05:43 JIMMY: It's over there, on the corner.

02:05:45 Right there.

02:06:19 JIMMY: No! Go ahead! It's right there!

02:06:22 KAREN: No, Jimmy! I'm in a hurry!

02:06:24 My mom's watching the kids! I got to get home!

eleven said:
One would think that the Hog of all people would learn to quit absolutely uninformed speculation.

"A long history of drug-related crimes"?! In light of the new policies regarding links, proof etc...perhaps you'd like to demonstrate the evidence for such a salacious claim?

Let's not get silly here and start making **** up.

This is actually a very very serious matter so I wouldn’t joke about it too much.

For the best part of 10 years Bruyneel has been procuring, distributing and administering illegal products throughout Europe. I’m hoping he hasn’t done similar in the US. He’s in a lot of trouble.

To pretend it’s anything else is just naive.

I really have no idea how Armstrong managed to avoid charges however Bruyneel is now facing a very long and costly legal battle. I really do feel empathy for his situation and there is no way he can stay in cycling whilst he deals with what he is facing.

I assume Bruyneel won’t be using the never tested positive defence.

thehog said:
This is actually a very very serious matter so I wouldn’t joke about it too much.

For the best part of 10 years Bruyneel has been procuring, distributing and administering illegal products throughout Europe. I’m hoping he hasn’t done similar in the US. He’s in a lot of trouble.

To pretend it’s anything else is just naive.

I really have no idea how Armstrong managed to avoid charges however Bruyneel is now facing a very long and costly legal battle. I really do feel empathy for his situation and there is no way he can stay in cycling whilst he deals with what he is facing.

I assume Bruyneel won’t be using the never tested positive defence.

Maybe you can recycle your old Armstrong posts where you constantly predicted Lance's doom! It would save a lot of retyping!

I've just seen photos of Brian Holm (on Omega Phama twitter) and Neal Stephens (on CN feed twitter) wearing sherrif badges at the start of todays Cali stage. Is this some sort of Bruyneel joke - because I am already laughing.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I can't help but think of the scene in Goodfellas where Jimmy tried to whack Karen:

02:05:43 JIMMY: It's over there, on the corner.

02:05:45 Right there.

02:06:19 JIMMY: No! Go ahead! It's right there!

02:06:22 KAREN: No, Jimmy! I'm in a hurry!

02:06:24 My mom's watching the kids! I got to get home!

Actually, I think we need Jason Robards to yell:

"g#ddammit, when is somebody going to go on the record in this story?"

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Elagabalus said:
Actually, I think we need Jason Robards to yell:

"g#ddammit, when is somebody going to go on the record in this story?"

Exactly. The cycling media is happy to pretend that there is this team called RadioShack with a DS named Kim Andersen driving the car at AToC. Why do I get the feeling that during the last 5 days, someone called-in literally all of their favors with someone?

thehog said:

There is no one who would love to see this scenario play out more than me, but I highly doubt it's going to happen.

There is a missing link that no one has mentioned until now, and that is Dr. Ferrari.

If you think about the roles played by each character in this unholy trinity, nothing works without him. No drugs are requested and in what amounts, no doping regimens get finalized and administered, and no Tour wins for Lance.

Whatever Bruyneel was involved with, at best he was a facilitator. He may have had a hand in procuring PED's, but without Ferrari telling him what to get, how to administer it, in what amounts and when, there is no doping regimen.

Then you have the Spanish doctors who were also knee-deep in this morass, especially when the focus turned to transfusions.

Since the authorities will probably let Ferrari walk with a slap on the wrist for the money laundering charges when he had those Swiss accounts frozen (a fine and maybe another suspension), no one in Europe will be talking unless they are arrested.

And the only way anyone in Europe gets arrested is if Bruyneel spills the beans on them. But it will take more than a subpoena from the US for this to happen.

Sorry about sounding so cynical (I don't want the haters to start hating me-remember, I too am one of you), but let's face it-the best chance for this whole thing to have been uncovered was lost when the Feds decided not to move forward against Armstrong. All the collected evidence was for naught.

This was an international investigation, involving the US and several European countries looking into money maundering, PED procurement across national borders and other types of crap. The European countries that were involved in this joint effort are extremely annoyed at the US Feds for dropping this case.

As is the case in Italy, they are shutting their portion of the investigation down quietly and are working out a deal where Ferrari basically walks. The one chance to have gotten the one man responsible for more doped cyclists than anyone else has come and gone.

So in my opinion, serving Bruyneel with papers is basically an exercise in futility. Nothing will come of it, but I hope I'm wrong.

MarkvW said:
Maybe you can recycle your old Armstrong posts where you constantly predicted Lance's doom! It would save a lot of retyping!

Lance embezzled over a million dollars out of SCA. If he non-contests on the USADA proceedings then he'll have to pay back his victims. I think that would be the law working to protect its citizens. Of course it would be better if Lance's admitted and paid back his victims but I'm ok with a court order forcing him to return monies obtained fraudulently.

Bruyneel on the other hand is in much more serious trouble.

I completely understand why he’s not making an appearance at the ToC. He has some serious legal matters to sort out and best he deals with those rather than the fans. He did say he had nothing to hide in 2010 but he may wish to change that statement now.

Time will tell.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
You are only partially right. Yes the American system is supposed to assume innocence but the process is very slanted. You get cuffed and paraded about like you have already been convicted. The leaks are mostly one sided so the prosecutor can get the trial started without you by a smear campaign of any size. As a couple of posters stated the feds do not lightly use their office but once they start a conviction is what they are after at any price.

There was a trial briefing in the Clemons case where Roger's lawyer had to lay out what he plans to bring up in court. The main accuser had 2 DWIs while he was working w Roger,He also was named in a drug case,a rape case and a fraud case among some of the sorted details they plan to bring up about his credibility.
Landis better hope he is not part of anything because once they start who,what and where about his drug use,his book tour,his legal aid fund,his dealings with the French courts and his heavy drug use he will unravel during any cross examination

I doubt the Feds are too concerned about having Floyd on the stand. With the criminal investigation of Lance over, Bruyneel most likely was questioned regarding the ongoing Floyd Fraud investigation or the possible whistle blower case.

The whistle blower case would almost surely be settled out of court - no Floyd or anyone else on any stand.

And if the Feds launch indictments against Floyd, it will be Floyd's defense who will decide if Floyd even takes the stand. The Feds will be prepared to question him if he does take the stand.

I'm hoping Floyd gets some whistle blower money. Although Bruyneel nor Lance had Postal Check Writing privledges. And Bruyneel can assure the Feds that "Lance was just a rider" and he was "just a DS". But we all know that is BS. Lance was an AWESOME rider and Bruyneel was a tactical/strategic GENIUS. None of this "just" stuff please. Thank you.

Bicicleta said:
I've just seen photos of Brian Holm (on Omega Phama twitter) and Neal Stephens (on CN feed twitter) wearing sherrif badges at the start of todays Cali stage. Is this some sort of Bruyneel joke - because I am already laughing.

I would bet it is part of the 'theme' of the ToC as in 'Wild West' involving all that imagery and stuff....
but it fits with other things:p