• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I can't help but think of the scene in Goodfellas where Jimmy tried to whack Karen:

02:05:43 JIMMY: It's over there, on the corner.

02:05:45 Right there.

02:06:19 JIMMY: No! Go ahead! It's right there!

02:06:22 KAREN: No, Jimmy! I'm in a hurry!

02:06:24 My mom's watching the kids! I got to get home!

Wrong scene.
It would be more like this.

2vmwrx3.jpg

Johan went to the US expecting to be celebrated by the boys from The Shack.
You see, McQuaid couldn't be a made man like Johan because 50% of his bloodline is Irish (the rest is made up of Guinness) - but with Johan being made it meant they could restart selling Treks on ebay through the family it would be just like the old days.

Imagine when Pat made the phone call......
21mu73p.png

Yeah.
Yeah.
Who's this?
This is Duffy.
Duffy, what happened?
Well we-...
You get it straightened out?
No, we had a problem... and uh, we tried to do everything we could.
What d'you mean?
Well, you know what I mean. He's been lifted, and we couldn't do nothing about it....... That's it.
What d'you mean? What d'you mean? Uh...
He's gone. Uh, he's gone, just like his old boss Manolo....And that's it.

Dr. Maserati said:
Wrong scene.

2vmwrx3.jpg

You see, McQuaid couldn't be a made man like Johan because 50% of his bloodline is Irish (the rest is made up of Guinness) - but with Johan being made it meant they could restart selling Treks on ebay through the family it would be just like the old days.

21mu73p.png

lol
Do you suppose there is 'crime scene' tape all around the bus?

On this note.... where's Pat? I don't think he's been to the Giro let alone the ToC? Does he actually attend cycling races anymore? Or is he on a flight ban also?

Dr. Maserati said:
Wrong scene.

2vmwrx3.jpg

21mu73p.png

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Lance embezzled over a million dollars out of SCA. If he non-contests on the USADA proceedings then he'll have to pay back his victims.

I'm not sure that this is true. First, the matter has already been decided in a civil court action. Next, I seriously doubt that failure to acknowledge a charge leveled against you in a non-judicial case is considered any kind of legal standing for a company to gain the right to re-pursue you in an already settled matter.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
He must be getting a wifi hotspot wherever he is....
any tweets of interest or are you going to make us actually go to the site?:p

With the exception of a leak reference it is the same old stuff. As soon as things go bad they pimp their charitable covers.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
Wrong scene.

2vmwrx3.jpg

21mu73p.png

Lance is at the Phone booth right now. Johan promised to call him the moment Weisel gives him his button.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
With the exception of a leak reference it is the same old stuff. As soon as things go bad they pimp their charitable covers.

I noticed that too. Biggest event in North America, and he's twitting about charity rides?

Zam_Olyas said:
Johan has tweeted. I wonder whether he reads the forums or somebody tells him that he is being talked about here. Not that he said anything about this in his tweet.

Sure seems like a long way to travel, just to sit in the bus and send out a tweet every three days.

I'm pretty sure they have the Internet in London now...

BotanyBay said:
I'm not sure that this is true. First, the matter has already been decided in a civil court action. Next, I seriously doubt that failure to acknowledge a charge leveled against you in a non-judicial case is considered any kind of legal standing for a company to gain the right to re-pursue you in an already settled matter.

From an ethical and moral point of view Lance should pay back the money to his victims. The monies were obtained by deception.

From a legal standpoint I’ll await the findings from the USADA proceedings and the subsequent SCA appeal in the civil courts.

Again be good if Lance could settle with them and make sure his victims are restituted appropriately.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
From a legal standpoint I’ll await the findings from the USADA proceedings and the subsequent SCA appeal in the civil courts.

There is a finite time limit for an appeal in the US civil court system, and appeals must be based on procedure, not new facts. If you're filing suit, you needed to know your facts already. Otherwise, you must wait to file suit until you do have your facts. Wait too long, and you can't bring the case at all (statute of limitations)

Now, if you can prove perjury in a case, that is another matter. But if Lance just lets the USADA proceeding go one without his input, those facts would not be admissible in any re-opening of the SCA case unless facts emerged that showed lance committed perjury in the SCA case.

BotanyBay said:
There is a finite time limit for an appeal in the US civil court system, and appeals must be based on procedure, not new facts. If you're filing suit, you needed to know your facts already. Otherwise, you must wait to file suit until you do have your facts. Wait too long, and you can't bring the case at all (statute of limitations)

Now, if you can prove perjury in a case, that is another matter. But if Lance just lets the USADA proceeding go one without his input, those facts would not be admissible in any re-opening of the SCA case unless facts emerged that showed lance committed perjury in the SCA case.

Sounds like you know what you're talking about. I won't argue with you.

Lance should pay back his victims after the USADA proceedings proved that he doped. Based on ethical and moral principles. It would be the rght thing to do to pay back his victims.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
He's missing out on some silly tactics by RST on the road today at the ToC.

The Amgen Tour of California is radio-free. No communicating with riders.
Organic. Natural. Genius Free racing at its best.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Thom Mrozek, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office in Los Angeles that investigated Armstrong, said that probe is closed. He had no information on whether another office or agency had subpoenaed Bruyneel.

The U.S. Department of Justice has a long-standing history of neither confirming or denying the existence of investigations. But if it is already well-known that an investigation is ongoing, they will usually let the public know when it is concluded.

It is exceptionally rare for them to go even one step further and actually exonerate someone who may have been falsely accused. I believe they did this back during the 1996 Atlanta bombing investigation (Richard Jewel?).

But always remember, they also never acknowledge the existence (or lack thereof) of new investigations. Just because they closed the investigation of a cycling team "owned in part by Lance Armstrong", does not mean they can't open one "owned in part by Johan Bruyneel".

BotanyBay said:
The U.S. Department of Justice has a long-standing history of neither confirming or denying the existence of investigations. But if it is already well-known that an investigation is ongoing, they will usually let the public know when it is concluded.

It is exceptionally rare for them to go even one step further and actually exonerate someone who may have been falsely accused. I believe they did this back during the 1996 Atlanta bombing investigation (Richard Jewel?).

But always remember, they also never acknowledge the existence (or lack thereof) of new investigations. Just because they closed the investigation of a cycling team "owned in part by Lance Armstrong", does not mean they can't open one "owned in part by Johan Bruyneel".

Yeah. Birotte only spoke for his own office.

IF Floyd was served by the feds and IF the service was a GJ subpoena , then we wonder whether the Investigation relates to Floyd (because it's the only one we know about).

It could easily be about Floyd because, as RR has reported, the feds are contacting donors to the FFF. On the other hand, it doesn't look like Floyd, because Johan could have just made a statement about that, no problem, no PR hit. And you'd also have to wonder why the feds would go to the trouble of an airport intercept just for contacting another Floyd donor/witness.

If it is not Floyd, it could be anything. The Uniball is probably in fully retracted mode at this time, because he probably doesn't have a clue, either. That is a very happy thought.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Good use of Photoshop. How do you get the pictures up?

I right-click and copy anything I like (like RR's photo), paste it into Photoshop, do my little bit to it, and then save as a JPG. Then I go to tinypic.com and upload it (which then actually hosts the image and provides me with the appropriate code to paste into the message).

I was going to add a little "poop" to his thumb, but I know that our Frauline is on the lookout for such American nastiness.

Clip from Gavin Newsome interview with LA:

http://link.brightcove.com/services...-VykcKmfEx7BkRUEiYZrfjPSy&bctid=1641019558001

Some choice quotes:

"I’m a fighter. If I ever have to fight, I will fight.”

“500 doping controls all negative.”

“A lot of zeroes.” (money spent on defense)

“I’m Lance Armstrong. If someone puts my back in a corner, I come out swinging.”

“The amount of crap written about me, someone should lose their job over it.”

Merckx index said:
Clip from Gavin Newsome interview with LA:

http://link.brightcove.com/services...-VykcKmfEx7BkRUEiYZrfjPSy&bctid=1641019558001

Some choice quotes:

"I’m a fighter. If I ever have to fight, I will fight.”

“500 doping controls all negative.”

“A lot of zeroes.” (money spent on defense)

“I’m Lance Armstrong. If someone puts my back in a corner, I come out swinging.”

“The amount of crap written about me, someone should lose their job over it.”

I want to see Lance fight! With lots of zeroes!!!