• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
They may have closed the LA investigation in favor of a JB case. As that might be where the paper-trail actually led them.

I find it more than mildly hard to believe that the US AG's office would close an investigation of someone over which they have jurisdiction in order to attempt to charge someone they don't.

mewmewmew13 said:
This is so amazing...he should read his own website and try learn from it!?
As RR appears to be traveling and not here I feel I must honor this phrase and keep it alive---
this is "Comedy Gold" from your link:
http://www.livestrong.com/article/77994-compulsive-liar-symptoms/

"Fear is a common reason why many people become compulsive liars, according to Mental Health Matters. It could stem from something that happened to them when they were younger. They fear being punished if they tell the truth, and that fear could soon turn into a habit of lying. They might continue to lie when their false story has been discovered, trying to convince people the lie is really the truth."

Is there anything in there about the supporters of liars? That desciption sounds perilously close to those in the Armstrong Flat Earth Society.

How long will these guys pretend that Armstrong is not a dope cheat? Even Armstrong is saying he won't contest the charges, and the Men's Journal article makes it pretty clear that off the record Armstrong gave the writer what he though was a pursuasive excuse for his doping, an excuse that he wishes Armstrong would give to the public.

eleven said:
I find it more than mildly hard to believe that the US AG's office would close an investigation of someone over which they have jurisdiction in order to attempt to charge someone they don't.

Tell that to Kim Dotcom.

Being a foreigner does not give you free reign to defraud American companies and government agencies.

May 21, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Is there anything in there about the supporters of liars? That desciption sounds perilously close to those in the Armstrong Flat Earth Society.

How long will these guys pretend that Armstrong is not a dope cheat? Even Armstrong is saying he won't contest the charges, and the Men's Journal article makes it pretty clear that off the record Armstrong gave the writer what he though was a pursuasive excuse for his doping, an escuse that he wishes Armstrong would give to the public.

Heh ...whoah...whoah!! Despite being the obsequious LA hagiography we've come to expect from Men's Journal they do allow that:

"To believe that he's clean means believing in an almost unbelievable confluence of circumstances: that during a period when an overwhelming majority of riders were presumed to be doping - seven of the eight riders he shared the podium with have been implicated, rightly or wrongly, in doping probes, and at least four of his former teammates have since tested positive or confessed- not only was he among the small percentage who wasn't on something, but he was stronger and faster than everyone who was."

The cracks are forming ...

Elagabalus said:
Heh ...whoah...whoah!! Despite being the obsequious LA hagiography we've come to expect from Men's Journal they do allow that:

"To believe that he's clean means believing in an almost unbelievable confluence of circumstances: that during a period when an overwhelming majority of riders were presumed to be doping - seven of the eight riders he shared the podium with have been implicated, rightly or wrongly, in doping probes, and at least four of his former teammates have since tested positive or confessed- not only was he among the small percentage who wasn't on something, but he was stronger and faster than everyone who was."

The periodicals are still cautious because of lawsuits. Many journalists are hinting at it like crazy, but they're not going to step over the line unless they can be sure that they won't get sued. If there is ever a WADA finding, Lance will be fair game.

No news AT ALL for two days....

this sounded a bit different but thought I'd post the link anyway...

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/sports/ci_20617186/lance-armstrongs-former-manager-rejoin-team-stage-2

"Philippe Martens, speaking just before the 116-mile Stage 1 start in downtown Santa Rosa, said Bruyneel didn't tell the team anything about talking to investigators as reported by VeloNation.com and Bicycling magazine.

Bruyneel wasn't with RadioShack riders as they departed from their team bus Sunday morning just before the start of the eight-day tour that ends next weekend in Los Angeles. He is expected to be with the team Monday for Stage 2 from San Francisco to Aptos."

So was he??? :confused:

BroDeal said:
It is funny how people like this, who now swear that they are disinterested in the Armstrong case, find it necessary to troll forums to tell everyone how obsessed they are. They even claim they love the sport. Well, guess what, Skippy? The sport would not be in the position it is in today if people like you had not spent years defending doping, lying scumbags like Lance Armstrong. You are responsible for the nastiness swirling around cycling fandom because you continually fought against the truth, denied it, obfuscated it, did everything you could to prevent the public from knowing it. Armstrong would never have been able to get away with his fraud without people like you. So take a bow.

<bow> I thought Floyd ruined cycling, turns out it was me.

Elagabalus said:

By excuse I meant admission with an excuse for why he did it.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
eleven said:

If you commit a crime in the USA, the feds do have jurisdiction. It's not the who, but the "what and where" that count.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:

JB's current whereabouts is the most deliberately ignored (by the cycling media) question in American bike racing right now.

The question has been posed to THEM, but they refuse to pose it themselves.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
eleven said:

The US believe they have jurisdiction over everyone.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
No news AT ALL for two days....

this sounded a bit different but thought I'd post the link anyway...

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/sports/ci_20617186/lance-armstrongs-former-manager-rejoin-team-stage-2

"Philippe Martens, speaking just before the 116-mile Stage 1 start in downtown Santa Rosa, said Bruyneel didn't tell the team anything about talking to investigators as reported by VeloNation.com and Bicycling magazine.

Bruyneel wasn't with RadioShack riders as they departed from their team bus Sunday morning just before the start of the eight-day tour that ends next weekend in Los Angeles. He is expected to be with the team Monday for Stage 2 from San Francisco to Aptos."

No, he is not around

BotanyBay said:
JB's current whereabouts is the most deliberately ignored (by the cycling media) question in American bike racing right now.

He is managing the squad while manning the team commode. In there he has a cell phone, an iPad, and everything. If he is stumped by a question then he can use one of his lifelines to call Armstrong.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Where does Weisel feature in all this?

To me he is the Don Corleone behind it all. Is he telling Armstrong to whack JB á la Jimmy Conway :D

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I haven't read every post here, but other than the OP is there anything more concrete. The Velo article linked just says "source close to" whatever TF that means and goes on to give a highlight reel from the MJ article.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
eleven said:
One would think that the Hog of all people would learn to quit absolutely uninformed speculation.

"A long history of drug-related crimes"?! In light of the new policies regarding links, proof etc...perhaps you'd like to demonstrate the evidence for such a salacious claim?

Let's not get silly here and start making **** up.

he's having a relapse of tuesday fever, nothing aspirin and fluids won't take care of :D

BroDeal said:
Tell that to Kim Dotcom.

Being a foreigner does not give you free reign to defraud American companies and government agencies.

Hey if Kim Dotcom has defrauded Amercan Companies get them to sue him NOT get the US Dept of Justice to trump up a reason to the NZ Goverment who is footing the bill. NOT a got look for the Free Society!