• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
Exactly. Maybe it was a "target letter" handed to him at the airport. Although maybe the Feds are following the paper trail pre-Bruyneel....back to the "white lunch bag" era that existed at Postal before Johan arrived. Need Bruyneel's assessment of the dirty situation in place when he started. Back at the end of the EPO era. Back in the Era of the real Postal fraud. Doping and losing. Waste of money for sure.

Too bad they don't need a court jester in Austin. Or do they?

MacRoadie said:
This is what I find most interesting. Here we are, three days into the biggest race in North America (and specifically the US), and Bruyneel hasn't been spotted in any photos or video.

He is the General Manager of the team: a team that, while licensed in Luxembourg, has as its title sponsors, three US companies (I believe it is sponsored by Nissan North America, going back to the old team).

The premiere opportunity to showcase your sponsors, and all the PR that a ProTour sponsor would expect, and he is nowhere to be seen. Especially if he isn't even DS'ing the race.

Seems rather odd behavior if, as some suggest, there is nothing wrong and whomever wanted to talk to Bruyneel, was simply looking for his assistance.

I did note the same. If we don’t see him by Baldy then I’d say that’s it. Won’t be at the Tour. He didn’t travel all the way to the ToC just to hide in the bus!

Maxiton said:
Too bad they don't need a court jester in Austin. Or do they?

lmao-new.jpg

thehog said:
I did note the same. If we don’t see him by Baldy then I’d say that’s it. Won’t be at the Tour. He didn’t travel all the way to the ToC just to hide in the bus!

It must be very uncomfortable for the execs from American sponsors. A bunch of them must have come to the race. How does he explain to them that he has to hide out? People who made the decisions to sponsor the team are probably worried about getting the chop.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Seeing Lance turn snitch would be one of the greatest schadenfreude moments of all time. ... :D

Least of all great for all the monkeys flying around. Lots of flying monkeys. The day Lance turns snitch will be an exciting day. Simian Aerial Extravaganza.

MacRoadie said:
This is what I find most interesting. Here we are, three days into the biggest race in North America (and specifically the US), and Bruyneel hasn't been spotted in any photos or video.

He is the General Manager of the team: a team that, while licensed in Luxembourg, has as its title sponsors, three US companies (I believe it is sponsored by Nissan North America, going back to the old team).

The premiere opportunity to showcase your sponsors, and all the PR that a ProTour sponsor would expect, and he is nowhere to be seen. Especially if he isn't even DS'ing the race.

Seems rather odd behavior if, as some suggest, there is nothing wrong and whomever wanted to talk to Bruyneel, was simply looking for his assistance.

Exactly.
No word or sightings...
the bus IS effectively 'boarded up' as it seems that it is completely shut down to interviews and only admits and releases riders through its portal.

This is SO different from the defiant and dramatic pronouncements of innocence from JB and Armstrong of a couple years ago.

Besides the snarky tweet, has JB or even Lance made one public comment about how this is all 'just routine' or 'nothing happening here folks' type of denial?
NOT the actions of someone with nothing to hide or someone 'sleeping like a baby' at night...
Weird.

BroDeal said:
It must be very uncomfortable for the execs from American sponsors. A bunch of them must have come to the race. How does he explain to them that he has to hide out? People who made the decisions to sponsor the team are probably worried about getting the chop.

Correct. He was meant to be at the press conference and was a no show. At these races a very big part is the corporate side. Back in the day CSC would fly their execs and clients to sit in the car with Riis etc. We had dinners every night and got to talk to the riders now and then, look at the bikes etc. I can only imagine Radioshack had the top brass at the ToC along with key clients. Wasn’t their also some dumb competition to ride with Johan in the car? I’m sure they had private events with him. Now he’ll have to spend the entire time on the phone trying to find out if Lance has shafted him or not!!

BroDeal said:
I wonder if during the weekend Armstrong invited his friends over for another bender. I get the feeling that Armstrong would be a mean drunk.

Maybe Landis was right and it was only half time. I hope that Ochowicz goes down and takes BMC with him.

Of course Floyd was right.
Why do so many paint him as a hillbilly?

BroDeal said:
I wonder if during the weekend Armstrong invited his friends over for another bender. I get the feeling that Armstrong would be a mean drunk.

Maybe he’ll go on a bender and prank call Hog pretending he’s Jeff Novissky?

Hog will think it’s serious and start blaming Lance tell Jeff he was just a lowly DS taking orders from the Armstrong. Then Armstrong buddies will start laughing in the background and Hog will have to pretend that he was just pretending. Awesome!

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Has any member of the media dared to ask Team RS:

"Excuse me, but where the hell is Johan Bruyneel?"

The media keeps asking the question that the PR folks won't answer (did he get served?).
Ask where in the hell he IS.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Because he comes from an Old Order Mennonite and Old Order Amish Pennsylvania Dutch background. But he has transcended that in becoming, certainly for his native community, a cosmopolitan.

It's called Pennsyltucky for a reason.

9779jq.jpg

Race Radio said:
You are referring to a court of law.

You are welcome to ignore the obvious but it will only disappoint you in the end

Assuming anybody else, even the worst shut ins within the confines of the clinic share your unhealthy obsession with this case is ridiculous. You're the obsessed stalker of Lance, its just a story in a sport I love to me. But feel free to pretend I will be disappointed, if it brings light into the basement for you I'm all in.

BotanyBay said:
Has any member of the media dared to ask Team RS:

"Excuse me, but where the hell is Johan Bruyneel?"

The media keeps asking the question that the PR folks won't answer (did he get served?).
Ask where in the hell he IS.

He did tell someone at CyclingNews to go f*** themselves and he hasn’t been seen since.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
mewmewmew13 said:
Exactly.
No word or sightings...
the bus IS effectively 'boarded up' as it seems that it is completely shut down to interviews and only admits and releases riders through its portal.

Funny, a few years ago, I emailed Frankie and dared him to effectively invite himself onto the Radio Shack team bus by greeting them at the door and putting them on the spot. He thought about it, but ultimately decided not to risk asking that.

JRTinMA said:
Assuming anybody else, even the worst shut ins within the confines of the clinic share your unhealthy obsession with this case is ridiculous. Your the obsessed stalker of Lance, its just a story in a sport I love to me. But feel free to pretend I will be disappointed, if it brings light into the basement for you I'm all in.

It is funny how people like this, who now swear that they are disinterested in the Armstrong case, find it necessary to troll forums to tell everyone how obsessed they are. They even claim they love the sport. Well, guess what, Skippy? The sport would not be in the position it is in today if people like you had not spent years defending doping, lying scumbags like Lance Armstrong. You are responsible for the nastiness swirling around cycling fandom because you continually fought against the truth, denied it, obfuscated it, did everything you could to prevent the public from knowing it. Armstrong would never have been able to get away with his fraud without people like you. So take a bow.

BroDeal said:
It is funny how people like this, who now swear that they are disinterested in the Armstrong case, find it necessary to troll forums to tell everyone how obsessed they are. They even claim they love the sport. Well, guess what, Skippy? The sport would not be in the position it is in today if people like you had not spent years defending doping, lying scumbags like Lance Armstrong. You are responsible for the nastiness swirling around cycling fandom because you continually fought against the truth, denied it, obfuscated it, did everything you could to prevent the public from knowing it. Armstrong would never have been able to get away with his fraud without people like you. So take a bow.

But what if (before, during, and after Lance) almost the entire pro peloton is either composed of "doping, lying scumbags" or the people who support them? Is any support of such "sport" morally justifiable under such circumstances? Are not all the fans of such a filthy sport complicit with the "lying, doping scumbags" to one degree or another?

You are parading all sorts of moral absolutes at the Lance Fanboy while your own moral position is vulnerable to the exact same attack. Don't you have to ask yourself why you support a sport that depends on systematic dopers and kills some of them? And for you to call somebody else nasty is exquisitely rich. I doubt you can resist the impulse to be nasty in your response to me. I'm still smarting from your last insult :D.

WE ALL INHABIT THE SAME GLASS HOUSE HERE.

MarkvW said:
But what if (before, during, and after Lance) almost the entire pro peloton is either composed of "doping, lying scumbags" or the people who support them? Is any support of such "sport" morally justifiable under such circumstances? Are not all the fans of such a filthy sport complicit with the "lying, doping scumbags" to one degree or another?

You are parading all sorts of moral absolutes at the Lance Fanboy while your own moral position is vulnerable to the exact same attack. Don't you have to ask yourself why you support a sport that depends on systematic dopers and kills some of them? And for you to call somebody else nasty is exquisitely rich. I doubt you can resist the impulse to be nasty in your response to me. I'm still smarting from your last insult :D.

WE ALL INHABIT THE SAME GLASS HOUSE HERE.

I see where you're going with this.

A doper in a doped land doesn't make a doper. He was a mere follower in a troubled world?

It's one thing to dope but to dope, lie & base an entire image of being clean to profit is fraud. it's also another thing to beat up on those who are clean.

I think if Lance pays back his victims especially the ones that believed in his story & bought his products I'll be ok with him. I don't think he will. Case closed he says.

Then again maybe he doesn't get to decide if it's case closed of not?

TRENDING THREADS