• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Johan gets served

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
wirral said:
Johan is misunderstood but he cannot correct the misunderstanding as the lawyers have told him to keep his mouth shut.

He mentions his mother!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bruyneel-im-no-devil

Bruyneel did not refute those allegations outright in the Humo interview, but he did deny that he had placed his riders’ health at risk. “These accusations hit me very heavily and when my mother calls me in tears because she has read something bad about me, that breaks my heart,” Bruyneel said. “I can look anyone in the eye, I’ve never put anyone’s health at risk.”

Bruyneel also expressed his belief that the details of US Postal’s doping programme would never have been uncovered had Armstrong not come out of retirement in 2009 and had RadioShack offered Floyd Landis a contract in 2010. Landis’ emails to USADA in April 2010 triggered the federal and sporting investigations into the US Postal Service team that ultimately led to Armstrong being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life.

“If Armstrong had not come back and if I had included Landis in the squad again, all of this would never have happened. I am two hundred percent convinced of that. Without those two facts, we would be talking completely differently,” Bruyneel said.

What is it with Cycling and looking someone in the eye? :p

“If Armstrong had not come back and if I had included Landis in the squad again, all of this would never have happened. I am two hundred percent convinced of that. Without those two facts, we would be talking completely differently,” Bruyneel said.

Brain dead comments like this are why his attorney has told him not to say anything. After all the lying & PR these guys did I'm surprised he and la are so dumb as to say this in public.

Fatclimber said:

Brain dead comments like this are why his attorney has told him not to say anything. After all the lying & PR these guys did I'm surprised he and la are so dumb as to say this in public.

At the time Bruyneel had Contador. The future was clear. Together they would win the next 78 Grand Tours.

Then Lance decided to come back and insert his massive ego where ever it would fit.

Bruyneel knows it was Lance that blew this thing up. Not anyone else but Lance. Bruyneel just couldn't stop Lance and say enough was enough.

Fatclimber said:

Armstrong said the same thing in the Oprah interview. Both of these guys are scum.

Zam_Olyas said:
What is it with Cycling and looking someone in the eye? :p

It's the Hein Verbruggen doping test.

If you could look him in the eye while saying you're not doping, you were clean.

100% success rate. No doping....scandals.

Oddly it's success rate dropped with the inclusion of urine testing in the procedure.;)

Anyway I quite sympathize with Johan.

If not for those nasty lawyers, I'm sure he could clear this up easily.:rolleyes:

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

No regrets, no remorse, just "we got caught"....Wow.....In short, "I could have gone on with my program, won piles of GTs and become the greatest Directeur"

These guy has no thoughts about the health of the cyclists or the integrity of cycling.

jilbiker said:

No regrets, no remorse, just "we got caught"....Wow.....In short, "I could have gone on with my program, won piles of GTs and become the greatest Directeur"

These guy has no thoughts about the health of the cyclists or the integrity of cycling.
He is so rotten he does not know that he can not say that to save face. LOL.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Fatclimber said:

The worst part of this? Johan is probably right.

Glenn_Wilson said:
Curious if anyone else has caught the coincidence?

Low down and dirty to do something like that. Roll around with swine....

Hey that is just Team Pork Skins for ya.
Bruyneel was brought up when the Humo article on Contador first appeared because he was known to have written either for them or for a newspaper of the same editorial group (I forget).

Zam_Olyas said:
Bruyneel also expressed his belief that the details of US Postal’s doping programme would never have been uncovered had Armstrong not come out of retirement in 2009 and had RadioShack offered Floyd Landis a contract in 2010. Landis’ emails to USADA in April 2010 triggered the federal and sporting investigations into the US Postal Service team that ultimately led to Armstrong being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life.

Sounds like a bad case of schadenfloyd.

Moose McKnuckles said:
Armstrong said the same thing in the Oprah interview. Both of these guys are scum.

Yep. Lance told Oprah that if he had just remained in retirement, he wouldn't be confessing on her TV show. He was essentially saying, "Damn. Sorry I got caught. Now I have to give a half-hearted confession & apology." I think that attitude is what sealed his fate with the public.

ToreBear said:
It's the Hein Verbruggen doping test.

If you could look him in the eye while saying you're not doping, you were clean. Followed by a vigorous defense in interviews.

Fixed that for you. Let's call it the Never Ever, Ever, Ever Test. Or maybe, Never Tested Positive Test.

Schadenfloyd.... Will you be using that joke in your stand up routine at the Chuckle Hut?

Johan is so far into the sports fraud he cannot tell down from up. Of course, it helps if the people running the UCI can't tell down from up either....

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Fixed that for you. Let's call it the Never Ever, Ever, Ever Test. Or maybe, Never Tested Positive Test.

Schadenfloyd.... Will you be using that joke in your stand up routine at the Chuckle Hut?

Johan is so far into the sports fraud he cannot tell down from up. Of course, it helps if the people running the UCI can't tell down from up either....

Incredible how JB and LA find a way to blame Floyd for the uncovering of their systematic fraud, and their downfalls.

TRENDING THREADS