• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard thread: Mountain Sprinter

Page 207 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Directly no, indirectly yes. A couple people have said Vingegaard was about 70-80% at the start of the Vuelta. You’ve been saying all he needs is to be in the Vuelta shape and he most likely wins.
I said he started the Vuelta 2023 at 95% of his best shape, and i said if he starts the Tour 2024 on that shape and he is able to improve in the first w weeks and peak in the last week where the Tour will be decided since it's backloaded, then he has a chance to win the Tour.

We already saw in the past a lot of GC riders who started grand tours a bit cooked and then peaked in the last week.

He can't start the Tour at 70%. Probably it would not even be enough to fight for stages. If he is not fit enough for the Tour, he should not be there, and instead focus on the Vuelta 2024.

I said he started the Vuelta 2023 at 95% of his best shape, and i said if he starts the Tour 2024 on that shape and he is able to improve in the first w weeks and peak in the last week where the Tour will be decided since it's backloaded, then he has a chance to win the Tour.

We already saw in the past a lot of GC riders who started grand tours a bit cooked and then peaked in the last week.

He can't start the Tour at 70%. Probably it would not even be enough to fight for stages. If he is not fit enough for the Tour, he should not be there, and instead focus on the Vuelta 2024.
I never said you’re the one that had him at 70-80% even though the 95% is pretty generous. Maybe 95% at the final week. But to even enter the Tour at almost 100% is a tough ask unless they do some crazy things. Best bet is fighting for stages n whatever shape that is since he’s still better than most he’d fight in a breakaway.

Vingegaard started the Vuelta after spending a month opening supermarkets and hugging babies in Denmark and by the end his climbing level on Angliru was better than anyone in the last 15 years at the very least. Would think he can win starting at 90% as long as they're optimistic he can improve throughout the race, the worry would be his lack of training base.

Reactions: Monte Serra
I personally have worked hard to disregard much of what I know and learned about training, racing and race preparation. In my old data set I would think that injured racers would absolutely need race days to be ready for TDF or other important races. I believe that Vingegaard will be ready training outside the framework of regular stuff like the Giro.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Is that a tattoo?

443716938_1045592483967630_5292127772625216148_n.jpg

Latest posts