• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Butterfly Effect

Page 214 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

“We can do a lot in training and that’s better so far,” Plugge said.

“The start of the Dauphiné is a deadline if we want him to be there or if we want him to train because we can get to the best level with training. And the deadline ultimately is the Tour de France.”

I guess there is a low possibility Vingegaard can be at Dauphine....if i didn't misunderstood Plugge.

Reactions: Cookster15
Thinking about riding Dauphine is a good sign in my opinion. If a start there is a possibility, starting the Tour should be more than realistic. Doesnt mean he will be in top shape but he is training some time now and has still a month to go. while he was only 2-3 weeks completely off.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
View: https://x.com/allergy_al/status/1795135972226593094

I finded a bit strange that suddenly there were no more pics about him in Mallorca since friday!

Now, it is explained by the fact he is now training in Annecy.

Plugge didn't ruled out him doing the Dauphiné. He is not far from the start of Dauphiné right?

This would be a bombshell! But no, I don't think he will do the Dauphine. Training is the best option now.

Thinking about riding Dauphine is a good sign in my opinion. If a start there is a possibility, starting the Tour should be more than realistic. Doesnt mean he will be in top shape but he is training some time now and has still a month to go. while he was only 2-3 weeks completely off.

If they even consider Dauphine its a good sign indeed. Maybe it will be the way I predicted a few weeks back:

May: 1 w/kg, being overtaken by fat guys in Mallorca and bullied into photos. Checked.

End of May / June: more that 1 w/kg, intensity rising, amateurs dont bother him anymore. Checked.

29 June: 6 w/kg, Jonas announced as Kuss' helper. in progress...

21 July: 7+ w/kg "show the world who is the strongest!" in progress...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and acm
86 days before the Tour: Crash, broken ribs and punctured lung, hospitalisation in ICU.
74 days before the Tour: Leaves hospital.
61 days before the Tour: First day on a home-trainer.
53 days before the Tour: First day training outside in Denmark.
41 days before the Tour: First day training in Mallorca.
34 days before the Tour: First day training in the French Alps near Annecy.

86 days before the Tour: Crash, broken ribs and punctured lung, hospitalisation in ICU.
74 days before the Tour: Leaves hospital.
61 days before the Tour: First day on a home-trainer.
53 days before the Tour: First day training outside in Denmark.
41 days before the Tour: First day training in Mallorca.
34 days before the Tour: First day training in the French Alps near Annecy.
Looking forward to the next chapters.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Demi Vollering spend the night in Annecy, so I wouldn't mind it if he got a picture taken with her.
Sent by the Sisterhood to preserve the bloodline?

26db6558b18d120cba1186eb43c3bd57944dedf5.gif