• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard: The Butterfly Effect

Page 211 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's riding around very public roads in Mallorca on the softest climbs getting photographed by everyone... at a time when Visma announced a new Danish sponsor will be on their jersey in the TdF as well.

I mean I don't want to sound cynical here because certainly the rider will be doing everything he can to get into shape (& that deserves total respect, obviously) but IMO there's quite a bit of public relations fluff going on with the Vingegaard situation.

It's just over 5 weeks until the TdF. The clock is ticking.

The goal is to get back into reasonable shape first. Then they will make precise plans. The Tour looks more like a PR stunt to me. Vuelta is more realistic. They probably won't announce his next goal until mid June.

This looks like some old photo of Jonas (probably AI generated) or simply a new model activated!

Much more likely, as i don't know on why would Jonas now all of the sudden become a party animal.

This is just a double of Jonas. The real Jonas is on area 51, updating is software to beat everyone in the Tour including doing a stomp on Roglic!

The double of original Jonas or the new updated one? As for that last remark, there we really started to go in sci-fi territory.

New Jonas photo just dropped!!!

midda.png

Let me guess, you took your own photo and had put Jonas head on it? Otherwise i don't get it. Just today i have seen a similar attempt on where Remco has put Pogi head on his body.

It's Kate Middleton's famous photoshopped mother's day pic.

BTW back on topic, Wout van Aert says the Olympics are a more realistic goal for himself than the Tour:

He says things only came around for him a couple of weeks ago & notes the difference between riding a bike & actually training.

It makes me think Vingegaard's presence at the TdF (certainly in competitive form) is a bit utopian at this point, irrespective of all the photos & videos of him riding in Mallorca.

Latest posts