• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Jonas Vingegaard thread: Mountain Sprinter

Page 277 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which thread title(s) do you prefer? (you may submit your own)

• The Chicken who eats Riis for breakfast

Votes: 32 33.3%
  • When they go low, Vingo high

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Wings of Love

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • The Fishman Cometh

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • The Mysterious Vingegaard Society

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Vingo Star

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • The Jonas Vingegaard Discussion Thread

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Vingegaard vs Roglič

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If all of you (as in all the fanboys here) do not understand the difference between, e.g., Campenaerts and Vinge then you are blinded by the fact you are rooting for the guy. Vinge does this after every stage, he has to say dumb and passive aggressive *** like I did it for my daughter and so on. He seems to be the most fragile man in the history of cycling and imho it is not a good look. Of course, as I said before, he can do whatever he wants, but it does not make a fan out of me.
I will not reply anymore I hope you lot enjoyed while it lasted.

You do not do yourself in favours with your choice of language. The TDF is the biggest race on the calendar, so there have been many occasions over the years of riders crying whether they win or lose. Who cares if Vingegaard contacts his nearest and dearest after stages. You are the one who seems to be into fandom!

Been a tough tour for Vingo, but I admire the effort in getting to the race at all after what happened to him. I don't particularly mind which of the top guys wins these days but hope he's back at the race in good health and good shape next year because it's not like we're blessed with many riders who can offer any sort of competition to Pogzilla.

I'm sure he can't wait to get home at this point.

VEshmjSw_o.jpg
This is an awful ‘chop but I love it!

I don't think he even had time to sit up, Pogacars acceleration was just huge, made that gap in 5 seconds. Vingegaard also doesn't look like he's slowing down and they are really close to the finish.
In his post-race itv, Jonas said he wouldn't have been able to contest the sprint because he was going all out.

Still, Jonas has to be pleased with his stage yesterday. He was basically isolated in the final climb and managed to gap Remco pretty easily.

next year tour is gonna be epic.healthy vinge vs gc pog round 2.vinge could even have advantage,if he goes to giro,while pog focus on classics before doing tour/vuelta.most epic scenario would be,if both goes to vuelta after tour and pog fully focuses on gts.paris-nice,daphine,tour and vuelta for both.carnage.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Very proud of him. He is cracking during the third week but what a hell of performance he delivered despite his injuries. He is tough man!! I think Pogacar had a fuel problem in stage 11 but Vingegaard is so resilient and mental strong that he can comeback from death. Such a beast!
Crack? I havent seen him crack.

He has been dropped, but that is not cracking.

Reactions: Sandisfan and topt
Very proud of him. He is cracking during the third week but what a hell of performance he delivered despite his injuries. He is tough man!! I think Pogacar had a fuel problem in stage 11 but Vingegaard is so resilient and mental strong that he can comeback from death. Such a beast!
He didn't crack. He simply could not achieve a better peak and improve more from 2023 to 2024 like others top riders because of the injuries, especially the one who harmed the respiratory sistem.

Nevertheless, i really doubt some rider in this world, could achieve the shape he achieved 2 months after leaving the hospital, after 2 weeks in intensive care, pneumotorax, broken ribs and collarbone.

It's a shame, but it is what it is. The good news is this gap of 5 minutes can be easily closed with a good preparation next year, a better and healthy team without bad luck, simon yates, jorgenson, Kuss, van baarle, and with a better route for him if Colle delle Finestre and Granon return to the Tour.

He didn't crack. He simply could not achieve a better peak and improve more from 2023 to 2024 like others top riders because of the injuries, especially the one who harmed the respiratory sistem.

Nevertheless, i really doubt some rider in this world, could achieve the shape he achieved 2 months after leaving the hospital, after 2 weeks in intensive care, pneumotorax, broken ribs and collarbone.

It's a shame, but it is what it is. The good news is this gap of 5 minutes can be easily closed with a good preparation next year, a better and healthy team without bad luck, simon yates, jorgenson, Kuss, van baarle, and with a better route for him if Colle delle Finestre and Granon return to the Tour.

This was probably the best route for him ever. This years route looked tailored for him.

Meh, I think 2022 was better for Jonas and certainly a better route in general. But route rarely matters unless its something alá 2012 - the strongest rider will prevail

Both years was really hard. So next year will probably be more like last year.

But you can’t complain over this years route if you’re Vingegaard. He was also super super happy when it was released.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Disagree. This years route was almost criminal so much it looked like it was designed for him.
There wasn't that much mountain stages as there was in previous years.

Besides that, mountain finishes like isola 2000 and Couillolle with average gradients of 7% doesn't suit him that much as more steep gradients like Granon, alpe d'huez, ventoux.

Nevertheless, with his current shape and the improvement of Pogacar this year, he wouldn't win this year with any type of route.

There wasn't that much mountain stages as there was in previous years.

Besides that, mountain finishes like isola 2000 and Couillolle with average gradients of 7% doesn't suit him that much as more steep gradients like Granon, alpe d'huez, ventoux.

Nevertheless, with his current shape and the improvement of Pogacar this year, he wouldn't win this year with any type of route.

2022 was also a very good route from. Next year might be more like 2023.

Sometimes its funny to see the difference between online forums and reality.

I was standing at the route today, at the boulevard Anglais in Nice, in a spot that was packed with people.

The one rider in the peloton who got the loudest cheer from the crowd? Jonas Vingegaard

Yet people on here will probably keep claiming he has 'no fans' because all they know is the online world.

It's incredible what he managed to achieve since his crash. I was glad that he was able to start the race and he definitely made it way more exciting (the suspense regarding the winner lasted longer). Because of his rushed preparations he couldn't deliver on some stages but it was still a great Tour by him. I don't doubt that he'll come back stronger next year trying to regain the Tour throne.