• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Juan Ayuso discussion thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ayuso 2nd in Ordiziako Klasika

4i274OlX_o.png

Juan Ayuso makes his World Tour debut, finishing 18th at the San Sebastian Classic

It's the first time that he has done such a long race and he arrives in the same group as Adam Yates and Simon Yates. He's still 18 years old.
I think the result speaks for itself w/o the Yates bros. Not sure there's much to it that it's his first 220km race, but it doesn't hurt.

What's his schedule for the rest of the year? Will he do some of the Italian fall classics?

Or does Pogacar not want to do the Vuelta cause he doesn't wanna get clobbered by The Great Juan.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
I think the result speaks for itself w/o the Yates bros. Not sure there's much to it that it's his first 220km race, but it doesn't hurt.

What's his schedule for the rest of the year? Will he do some of the Italian fall classics?

Or does Pogacar not want to do the Vuelta cause he doesn't wanna get clobbered by The Great Juan.

Tour de Luxembourg is confirmed by UAE. He can probably go for GC there.

Italien fall classic seems realistic. He could also go for GC in Giro di Sicilia instead.

Strong race program.

You guys think he could debut in La Vuelta next year? Or is that too soon.
Not too soon IMO. Just be ready to take him out if he's in too deep. Pomonar finished the Giro at 18.

Just don't set crazy expectations, and if say Pogacar wants to go Tour/Vuelta in 2022, just be careful enough rotating Ayuso like Ineos have always odne with their mountain domestiques.

Reactions: Lui98 and Sandisfan
Strong race program.

You guys think he could debut in La Vuelta next year? Or is that too soon.
With a strong first half of the season and not much racing from late April until Vuelta I can’t see why he wouldn’t.

Some Spanish races in February, PN in March and maybe Catalunya, then finish it off with Basque Country. If he can get some solid top 10s I can see him do the vuelta for sure.

Sad, just saw that looking at today's stage results in PCS and didn't see him in the top 25, went to GC also didn't find him at top 25 and finally saw his DNF :(

Was it serious? Anyone knows?

Don't think he broke anything, so there's that. But his shoulder was hit too hard to continue. He'll still be able to ride some other races this year, but like he said on Twitter: "Se acabo el sueño"

Don't think he broke anything, so there's that. But his shoulder was hit too hard to continue. He'll still be able to ride some other races this year, but like he said on Twitter: "Se acabo el sueño"

In all the misery from a crash he didn’t injured himself seriously and that it’s the most important. I’m glad that it’s not serious. I’m eager to see him at WT level

TRENDING THREADS