Teams & Riders Julian Alaphilippe Discussion Thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
1
0
To me it looked like he was having cramps on the descent and on the final kms, if you consider that his sprint was actually pretty good.
 
Mar 13, 2015
2,637
0
0
Re:

Arredondo said:
This is the year to take over the throne from Bala at the Ardennes classics.
Well he hit the form maybe too early, it's hard to maintain this kind of shape 5 weeks more, especially for a young rider who doesn't know his limits very well. Not to mention that the "old king" is going to decide when it's time to abdicate from the throne ;)

As far as today's race, huge result from him, he's already a top rider
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Arredondo said:
This is the year to take over the throne from Bala at the Ardennes classics.
Bala will stay on the throne one more year, Bala Jr. can wait until 2018.
Just watch. I feel we will get some epic racing in the Ardennes, with some crazy winners. If Bala Jr. is not going to dominate it.

A breakaway to stay away on the Mur.
Zakarin to pull of a 50 km solo in Liege

Called it :D :p
 
Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Arredondo said:
This is the year to take over the throne from Bala at the Ardennes classics.
Bala will stay on the throne one more year, Bala Jr. can wait until 2018.
Just watch. I feel we will get some epic racing in the Ardennes, with some crazy winners. If Bala Jr. is not going to dominate it.

A breakaway to stay away on the Mur.
Zakarin to pull of a 50 km solo in Liege

Called it :D :p
I smell a bet inc. Are you substituting your love from J-Rod to Junior? :p
 
Re: Julian Alaphilippe

I don't know about the cra(m)ps :p , but there's one sure thing: Alaphilippe's a heck of a rider, and I wish him to pop one or two big ones in '17. FW and LBL come to mind, CSS also. GDL? He can do it. Yes, he's a breath of fresh air.
 
I hope he specializes only in the hilly Classics. As far as GTs are concerned, his recovery is real bad as seen in PN, but has got a good chance to win the one day and 1 week races with single mountain stages. LBL and GDL with TDF in between is probably a bad idea. LBL Vuelta GDL WC makes more sense.
 
Re: Julian Alaphilippe

Tonton said:
I don't know about the cra(m)ps :p , but there's one sure thing: Alaphilippe's a heck of a rider, and I wish him to pop one or two big ones in '17. FW and LBL come to mind, CSS also. GDL? He can do it. Yes, he's a breath of fresh air.
Lombardia I think will have the 2015 route I think, which was too hard for Wellens and is more suited to climbers. He could still win, but everyone else needs to make mistakes.
 
Re: Julian Alaphilippe

Brullnux said:
Tonton said:
I don't know about the cra(m)ps :p , but there's one sure thing: Alaphilippe's a heck of a rider, and I wish him to pop one or two big ones in '17. FW and LBL come to mind, CSS also. GDL? He can do it. Yes, he's a breath of fresh air.
Lombardia I think will have the 2015 route I think, which was too hard for Wellens and is more suited to climbers. He could still win, but everyone else needs to make mistakes.
Was that the Muro di Sormano edition? If so, that would surely be too hard if some of the top climbers are there in reasonable shape.
 
Re: Julian Alaphilippe

DFA123 said:
Brullnux said:
Tonton said:
I don't know about the cra(m)ps :p , but there's one sure thing: Alaphilippe's a heck of a rider, and I wish him to pop one or two big ones in '17. FW and LBL come to mind, CSS also. GDL? He can do it. Yes, he's a breath of fresh air.
Lombardia I think will have the 2015 route I think, which was too hard for Wellens and is more suited to climbers. He could still win, but everyone else needs to make mistakes.
Was that the Muro di Sormano edition? If so, that would surely be too hard if some of the top climbers are there in reasonable shape.
That's what I think, but you never know. He still has a chance but much smaller than if it were last year's course.
 
I think it's worth trying. But I also think he's probably too lightweight and not enough of a rouleur to make it in those races. He's like an intermdiate of Valverde and Gilbert. He's just about perfect for the Ardennes and races like that
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS