• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Julian Alaphilippe Discussion Thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Arredondo said:
This is the year to take over the throne from Bala at the Ardennes classics.

Well he hit the form maybe too early, it's hard to maintain this kind of shape 5 weeks more, especially for a young rider who doesn't know his limits very well. Not to mention that the "old king" is going to decide when it's time to abdicate from the throne ;)

As far as today's race, huge result from him, he's already a top rider

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Arredondo said:
Bala will stay on the throne one more year, Bala Jr. can wait until 2018.

Just watch. I feel we will get some epic racing in the Ardennes, with some crazy winners. If Bala Jr. is not going to dominate it.

A breakaway to stay away on the Mur.
Zakarin to pull of a 50 km solo in Liege

Called it :D :p

Re: Re:

Arredondo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Arredondo said:
Bala will stay on the throne one more year, Bala Jr. can wait until 2018.

Just watch. I feel we will get some epic racing in the Ardennes, with some crazy winners. If Bala Jr. is not going to dominate it.

A breakaway to stay away on the Mur.
Zakarin to pull of a 50 km solo in Liege

Called it :D :p
I smell a bet inc. Are you substituting your love from J-Rod to Junior? :p

Re: Julian Alaphilippe

I don't know about the cra(m)ps :p , but there's one sure thing: Alaphilippe's a heck of a rider, and I wish him to pop one or two big ones in '17. FW and LBL come to mind, CSS also. GDL? He can do it. Yes, he's a breath of fresh air.

I hope he specializes only in the hilly Classics. As far as GTs are concerned, his recovery is real bad as seen in PN, but has got a good chance to win the one day and 1 week races with single mountain stages. LBL and GDL with TDF in between is probably a bad idea. LBL Vuelta GDL WC makes more sense.

Tonton said:
I don't know about the cra(m)ps :p , but there's one sure thing: Alaphilippe's a heck of a rider, and I wish him to pop one or two big ones in '17. FW and LBL come to mind, CSS also. GDL? He can do it. Yes, he's a breath of fresh air.

Lombardia I think will have the 2015 route I think, which was too hard for Wellens and is more suited to climbers. He could still win, but everyone else needs to make mistakes.

Brullnux said:
Tonton said:

Lombardia I think will have the 2015 route I think, which was too hard for Wellens and is more suited to climbers. He could still win, but everyone else needs to make mistakes.
Was that the Muro di Sormano edition? If so, that would surely be too hard if some of the top climbers are there in reasonable shape.

DFA123 said:
Brullnux said:
Tonton said:

Was that the Muro di Sormano edition? If so, that would surely be too hard if some of the top climbers are there in reasonable shape.
That's what I think, but you never know. He still has a chance but much smaller than if it were last year's course.

TRENDING THREADS