• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Julian Alaphilippe Discussion Thread

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's great to see someone from the spring classics do well in the Tour. It's almost like we're back in the seventies or eighties, before the era of hyperspecialization. I didn't expect him to win the time trial and I certainly didn't expect him to be among the best on the Tourmalet. Winning the Tour looks possible now, although he can still get a bad day in the Alps.

Fuglsang should be glad the guy had a bad day in LBL.

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Koronin said:
Moviefan1203":20c3goa8][quote="Koronin":20c3goa8]Actually not that hard to not pull for him. Maybe too cynical maybe not.[/quote] What’s not to like about him?[/quote] I don't believe what I'm seeing from him.[/quote][quote="Koronin said:
Actually not that hard to not pull for him. Maybe too cynical maybe not.

If you believe in Valverde, there is no reason not to believe in Alafpolak. I like both :) .

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Pretty sure today was the beginning of the end and he's gonna run out of steam in the Alps. I do not see him finishing top 10

Rest day comes at the perfect moment actually. He started to show signs of weakness and then he gets a day off. Cant get better than that actually. And after that a sprint stage, so he can recharge before the Alps.

Re: Re:

Midnightfright said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Pretty sure today was the beginning of the end and he's gonna run out of steam in the Alps. I do not see him finishing top 10

I could see him holding on if he rides smartly. He will go for broke though and could well blow up

This. All he had to do was follow Thomas instead he blew himself up riding it like a classic where there is no tomorrow! Unfortunately letting 3 others back in the picture.

Hopefully he gets some good rest and Good Advice tomorrow.

Imagine if Alaphilippe reaches the top of the Galibier 30 seconds behind Pinot. That would be some descent...

Alaf's chance to win the Tour imo:
*Before the Tour: 0.1%
*After one week: 1%
*After time trial: 10%
*After Tourmalet: 50%
*After today: 5%

Lefevere said the guy had only three hours of sleep after the time trial. The consecutive tough stages, the stress, the ceremonies and the media hype have finally demanded their toll. He will probably crack in the Alps and finish between 4th and 10th in Paris.

TRENDING THREADS