• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Junior racing - The stars of the future

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A few will be in action also at "youth Olympics"
http://ayof2013.olympics.com.au/sports/cycling
Venue

Dunc Gray Velodrome, Bankstown

Competition Dates

17 - 20 January 2013

Events

Sprint Events: Sprint, Keirin & Team Sprint
Endurance: Omnium, Scratch Race & Team Pursuit

Age Group

Born between 1 January 1995 and 31 December 1997

Jack Edwards was listed initially but no longer - bigger fish to fry?
19 Nov · Jack Edwards ‏@JackEdwards0. Got selected to represent Australia at
the Youth Olympics! Thanks everyone for the support! Especially my coach Mick!

janraaskalt said:
How physically matured is Edwards, compared to an average 16 year old?

2012_Omnium_JackEDWARDS_01.jpg
jack_edwards_attacks_the_bunch_670.jpg

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Junior can already be a good indication, all the best pro (even the pro, or the best amateur...) were pretty good in Junior and most of the time in the national team.
So globaly we can have an indication, while it's almost impossible to say "this guy will be an excellent pro in 6 years", cause we have seen so many "terminator" in Junior, ended up with short pro-contract and after 2 years, retiring from cycling.
After yes, in U-22 some riders can turn from good rider to excellent rider, for many reason (physical matury, studies etc.)

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
janraaskalt said:
I would say: yes. I did not look like that at 16. Hey, I still don't :D

I'd say his physique gives him an advantage.

It undoubtedly does against fellow 16 year olds, but that still doesn't account for a 16yo mixing it with some of Australia's senior pros as he did at the NSW Criterium Circuit.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone knows what Pierre Henri Lecuisinier is up to? Did a short trainee at Europcar last summer iirc. He shows a lot of talent, will he do a tour de l'avenir?

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Matthieu van der Poel is still a junior right? Seeing his cross season, he should do well on the road this year too. I think he did a road season last year, with decent results, so I assume he's going to the road this season again, but I don't know anything about his intentions to become either a road or cross cyclist in the future.

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Matthieu van der Poel is still a junior right? Seeing his cross season, he should do well on the road this year too. I think he did a road season last year, with decent results, so I assume he's going to the road this season again, but I don't know anything about his intentions to become either a road or cross cyclist in the future.

Indeed. Born in 1995. Insane talent!

World and European cycle-cross champion. As a first year junior!

He won all the world cups as well. He had 30 cycle-cross starts in 2012 and he won all 30. Went through the entire season unbeaten.

On the road he is excellent as well. Showed his qualities as a climber in Tour du Valromey. Good punch on smaller hills as well! Can TT and sprint. Pure class on a bike.

They call him "the little cannibal"

Ronde van het Lage Land:

1 Andre Looij - Viking Waterland
2 Mads Pedersen - Team Roskilde Junior
3 Casper Pedersen - Team Roskilde Junior
4 Anders Egsvang - Team Roskilde Junior
5 Jordy Keldermans - Willibrord Wil Vooruit

First season as a junior, he is doing pretty well so far. He is also riding Juniors Paris-Roubaix with the Danish national team :)

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello, this is maybe the wrong thread but I didn't know where else to ask - what do people know about swedish youngster Fredrik Ludvigsson (1994)? He rides with Team People4you - Unaas Cycling and has just won the 2.2 Boucles de l'Artois race and has finished 5th in the 2.2 Tour de Normandie.

Christian said:
Hello, this is maybe the wrong thread but I didn't know where else to ask - what do people know about swedish youngster Fredrik Ludvigsson (1994)? He rides with Team People4you - Unaas Cycling and has just won the 2.2 Boucles de l'Artois race and has finished 5th in the 2.2 Tour de Normandie.

Younger brother of Tobias Ludvigsson from Argos – Shimano.

Fredrik Ludvigsson is 1.87cm - 72kgs. Born 28,04,1994.

Stage-race material. Good time-trailer but also a really good climber.

On Team Unaas training camp on Gran Canaria this January, he did a mountain test up the Morgan climb. Two years ago his big-brother did the 8,3km with an average gradient of 6% in 21mins clean. This year, Fredrik did it in 20.31.

F. Ludvigsson and Marcus Faglum-Karlsson are exciting prospects.

RedheadDane said:
Yup! It's a good thing to be called 'Mads' (and be Danish) if you wanna win the Junior P-R! :D

Will Pedersen still be a junior next year, or will they have to go looking for a third Mads?

He wont be a junior anymore in 2014. But maybe a different Pedersen (Casper, who is mentioned in this topic by Bushman) can win PR 2014 ;).

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Jakob747 said:
Indeed. Born in 1995. Insane talent!

World and European cycle-cross champion. As a first year junior!

He won all the world cups as well. He had 30 cycle-cross starts in 2012 and he won all 30. Went through the entire season unbeaten.

On the road he is excellent as well. Showed his qualities as a climber in Tour du Valromey. Good punch on smaller hills as well! Can TT and sprint. Pure class on a bike.

They call him "the little cannibal"

This kid is amazingly smooth on the bike. Looks like a Pro at 17.Very impressive

TRENDING THREADS