• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV ......Is "yes" so hard to say?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Race Radio said:
dsc_0029_600.jpg

JV or Barton Fink?? You decide.

Barton_Fink.jpg

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Home much luggage does JV bring

Whenever I see pics of JV I always wonder how much luggage the guy brings on a trip. He must have the highest baggage overcharges for anyone on the team...

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
maltiv said:
JV doesn't say "Yes, I was doped", because that would undoubtedly lead to negative media coverage from the typical "cycling is the only sport where people dope"- journalists. Instead, what JV does here, is that he says a clear "yes" to the cycling supporters and fans (you don't have to be very smart to realise what he implies), while at the same time, he is stopping the media from making any interesting headlines about it by not admitting it openly.

Why is this so hard for seemingly intelligent people to comprehend?

Ideology? Sometimes aspects of this forum do seem more like a moral crusade than a pragmatic approach to reducing doping in the sport.

Still, in the meantime we can ***** about his clothes like a bunch of fags.

:rolleyes:

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I agree that *****ing about a dude's clothes with a bunch of fags is a great way to pass the time.

But in this case it seems to be because the argument is, although ideologically sound, ultimately impractical, people have decided the play the man rather than the ball.

That said, JV definitely seems like a Brit trapped in a US passport ;)

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Winterfold said:
Why is this so hard for seemingly intelligent people to comprehend?

Ideology? Sometimes aspects of this forum do seem more like a moral crusade than a pragmatic approach to reducing doping in the sport.

Still, in the meantime we can ***** about his clothes like a bunch of fags.

:rolleyes:

Heyheyhey HEY! Sometimes we all resemble that remark. You don't have any embarrassing sartorial choices in your background? Although JV seems to take it to a Daliesque level.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
JV or Barton Fink?? You decide.

Barton_Fink.jpg

JV must have learned to dress from some of the pro chefs I know. Absolutley nothing wrong with that. The guys I know who are chefs are not fags. Besides I have nothing against homosexuals, as long as they are out in the open about it.

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Garmin are using SRAM this season, what's LA stake in them 15%???

he could have used campag or shimano (like this year) and not given a penny or exposure to LA but no SRAM it is? does that not tell you what JV is about?

doesn't say much for cervelo either :rolleyes:

This is a spot on point you raise, and one I have questioned myself. Say a lot IMO.

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
If you've got to work so hard to create a 'unique image', it probably means that you're either making up for something or distracting from something.

Doofus...

Does this comment apply to LA as well?

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Garmin are using SRAM this season, what's LA stake in them 15%???

he could have used campag or shimano (like this year) and not given a penny or exposure to LA but no SRAM it is? does that not tell you what JV is about?

doesn't say much for cervelo either :rolleyes:

I'd wager LA's stake is < 5%. If Lehman paid $200MM for 40%, and LA made a "meaningful passive investment...said to be in the millions of dollars", we're probably talking low single digits.

But really, at the end of the day, equipment sponsorships are about what the manufacturer brings to the table (in terms of gear, support, and $$), not who has a minor stake in the company.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
_yngve_ said:
I'd wager LA's stake is < 5%. If Lehman paid $200MM for 40%, and LA made a "meaningful passive investment...said to be in the millions of dollars", we're probably talking low single digits.

But really, at the end of the day, equipment sponsorships are about what the manufacturer brings to the table (in terms of gear, support, and $$), not who has a minor stake in the company.

at the end of day there are 2 other manufacturers without alining your team to someone, no matter how small, who is the biggest fraud in the sport!

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
at the end of day there are 2 other manufacturers without alining your team to someone, no matter how small, who is the biggest fraud in the sport!

I don't think JV had much choice about accepting SRAM.
According to Gerard Vroomen's blog they were already under contract - so by accepting Cervelo JV was also accepting SRAM.
Most of the sponsors have also found homes elsewhere. Some at Garmin, some elsewhere. There we tried to also help as much as possible, of course for those who were under contract with CTT for next year as we were obliged to, but also for those who were not as we really get along well with our industry partners and want them to be successful, with or without Cervelo.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
I don't think JV had much choice about accepting SRAM.
According to Gerard Vroomen's blog they were already under contract - so by accepting Cervelo JV was also accepting SRAM.

You'd be amazed how much power and influence a minority partner has in a company when he's also a name-brand celebrity. Lance has pull in this one.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Skandar Akbar said:
In that case you had better stock up...... that stuff will be history soon.

FRS sells for between 12-20 dollars. The vitamin and mineral slammed starburst chews sell for the same price. It's made from apple juice castoff products. Not only will it stiffen your dtool it will make everybody involved a multi millionaire this pennies to make product will be around for a long time. Gatorade has taught everybody to add or delete water and sugar from your product and rename the same thing and increase your product line by 50%. Sugar water sold for dollars instead of pennies. Brilliant. Lance is the master ,colored rubber bands and koolaide..I love the guy. Good luck on the SRAM..nobody was buying Sachs..so repaint it and remarket it..put it on enough bikes that even if it doesn't work perfectly 100's of pro world wide will praise it while they cash their pay check.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
You'd be amazed how much power and influence a minority partner has in a company when he's also a name-brand celebrity. Lance has pull in this one.

Yes very true. SRAM will use him for what it is worth until the wheels fall off.

TRENDING THREADS