• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV talks, sort of

Page 249 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
courchevel was something like 6.5 w/kg, they did it 1;30 faster than pantani. and the 2005 tour was much faster.
that raid with ballon d'alsace(where portoleau said there were 40!!!!riders at 6,2 w/kg) was pure brutal on the road to mulhouse keeping behind an entire peloton. funnily enough, his values from 2005 were much more stable than those of 2007 if i remember right :p
jamie burrow ftw. beat pantani's plateau de beille record in 2000 in ronde l'izard i think and beat the reiging amateur (u23) tt world champ Thor Hushvold in same race tt.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Hey JV, is it ok for your Pitbull, Talansky to call Di Luca a scumbag while publicising unrepentant doper Leipheimer on his twitter?

Does Talansky forget his boss was a doper, his team mates doped?

Does Talansky snarl at Hesjedal, Millar, Wegelius, Dekker, Denielson or you?
DiLuca now owns the tar n feather necklace of Ricco

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Hey JV, is it ok for your Pitbull, Talansky to call Di Luca a scumbag while publicising unrepentant doper Leipheimer on his twitter?

Does Talansky forget his boss was a doper, his team mates doped?

Does Talansky snarl at Hesjedal, Millar, Wegelius, Dekker, Denielson or you?

Very good point.

Some people hate all dopers.

Some only hate the other's dopers.

Omerta by any other name is still omerta...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
He doesnt hate di Luca because he is a doper, he hates him because he is talking crap about the "cleans" peloton.
yep, no doubt
indeed.

but Ricco must be sending Diluca a fake Chinese Rolex in the mail fo' sur

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Is he talking crap?

I dont think he is.
if talansky's clean, he should be alarmed by di luca's accusations, rather than attack him for it.
how can talansky vouch for anybody outside garmin?
delusional? how does talansky know?

where does talansky's agression come from? genuine hatred? wtf?

objectively, talansky's comments sound like old school omerta.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
sniper said:
if talansky's clean, he should be alarmed by di luca's accusations, rather than attack him for it.

Yep, Talansky has history of omerta. But then again so does JV. Remember he told Floyd not to name names.

sniper said:

So Talansky wouldn't know anything outside his own team but should be alarmed that DiLuca knows 90% of the peloton are doping. Does DiLuca have some magical doping 8 ball or something that Talansky doesn't possess.

My God, the logic here is infallible:rolleyes:

Benotti69 said:
Yep, Talansky has history of omerta. But then again so does JV. Remember he told Floyd not to name names.

It is ironic that you keep banging on about that when JV has the exact same stance as one Paul Kimmage. Who did Kimmage ever name? He has still never named Kelly or Roche even though he no longer has any relationship with either. I don't think JV ever told Floyd to not confess, just not to name people just like Kimmage didn't name people in Rough Ride. I think their attitude is not about picking on individuals but trying to heal the sport as a whole.

pmcg76 said:
It is ironic that you keep banging on about that when JV has the exact same stance as one Paul Kimmage. Who did Kimmage ever name? He has still never named Kelly or Roche even though he no longer has any relationship with either. I don't think JV ever told Floyd to not confess, just not to name people just like Kimmage didn't name people in Rough Ride. I think their attitude is not about picking on individuals but trying to heal the sport as a whole.

it is ironic that you keep banging on about Kimmage and JV while ignoring that JV started his crusade twenty-five years after Kimmage wrote Rough Ride and JV is from a country with completely different libel laws.

pmcg76 said:
So Talansky wouldn't know anything outside his own team but should be alarmed that DiLuca knows 90% of the peloton are doping. Does DiLuca have some magical doping 8 ball or something that Talansky doesn't possess.

My God, the logic here is infallible:rolleyes:

Yes it's just as easy to know someone is clean, as it is to know someone is dirty.

Just as easy.

:rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:

Kimmage was the first to spit in the soup. What Kimmage did outweighs anything JV ever did.

When JV had the opportunity to name people and he didn't.

Benotti69 said:
Kimmage was the first to spit in the soup. What Kimamge did outweighs anything JV ever did.

When JV had the opportunity to name people and he didn't.

There were others who spit in the soup before Kimmage, probably man we never heard about. FFS, even in his book he talks about a French rider going on live TV and talking about doping in cycling before Rough Ride ever came out. Doing that in France was a lot braver than releasing a book in UK & Ireland where cycling was small fry compared to France.

Nobody knows the full account of what JV said to USADA other than what was related to the Armstrong case. Has Kimmage even talked to anyone within the cycling world about doping? Why has he never fingered Roche or Kelly when the evidence is already out there?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
There were others who spit in the soup before Kimmage, probably man we never heard about. FFS, even in his book he talks about a French rider going on live TV and talking about doping in cycling before Rough Ride ever came out. Doing that in France was a lot braver than releasing a book in UK & Ireland where cycling was small fry compared to France.

Kimmage wrote his book just as cycling was at it height in Ireland. But let us shoot him down because he was not French. Lot harder to hide in Ireland than France.

pmcg76 said:
Nobody knows the full account of what JV said to USADA other than what was related to the Armstrong case. Has Kimmage even talked to anyone within the cycling world about doping? Why has he never fingered Roche or Kelly when the evidence is already out there?

That JV did it when he would not be touched by it tells me all i need to know.

JV shouldn't be in the sport.

Kimmage fingered Kelly as a doper at the whistleblowers talk.

That it was Kimmage's first book at a time when he wasn't a journalist never mind a professional writer.

I think Kimmage has done more for cycling in pointing out its flaws than JV ever will.

I dont remember UCI suing JV.

BroDeal said:
it is ironic that you keep banging on about Kimmage and JV while ignoring that JV started his crusade twenty-five years after Kimmage wrote Rough Ride and JV is from a country with completely different libel laws.

I thought you would be off educating yourself on who Darren Baker and Jonas Carney are:rolleyes: Also you cannot count very well, I think JV started his crusade sometime around 2005/2006.

Kimmage wrote a book which give him a good rep as a journalist which enabled him to have a nice career writing about other sports that doping was likely widespread in as well. Don't think he covered cycling much at all until he re-released his book in time for the arrival of the 98 Tour in Ireland. Some would say that was a cynical move to boost sales.

Ironically the 98 Tour was a Godsend for Kimmage. Finally, Kimmage stated specifically in his book that he wasn't naming names as he didn't see doping as an individual problem but a problem for the entire sport. It had nothing to do with libel laws.

Benotti69 said:
Kimmage wrote his book just as cycling was at it height in Ireland. But let us shoot him down because he was not French. Lot harder to hide in Ireland than France.

That JV did it when he would not be touched by it tells me all i need to know.

JV shouldn't be in the sport.

Kimmage fingered Kelly as a doper at the whistleblowers talk.

That it was Kimmage's first book at a time when he wasn't a journalist never mind a professional writer.

I think Kimmage has done more for cycling in pointing out its flaws than JV ever will.

I dont remember UCI suing JV.

I didn't shoot Kimmage down, I merely pointed out he wasn't the first former rider to talk about doping.

The whistleblowers talk last year, well done it only took him over 20 years.

Well you keep saying nothing has changed in the sport so what has Kimmage done that has benefited the sport if nothing has changed.

Netserk said:
I used the word 'know'. Do you think anyone knew he doped? A single other rider on his team? A single DS or a single doctor?

My point is that several people would know someone dopes, but maybe no one or very few would know if someone is clean.

Well if DiLuca knows how many are dirty based on observance, Talansky would know as well. Clearly he thinks Di Luca is talking horse****. What I found amusing about sniper's idea is that Talansky should keep his mouth shut as he wouldn't know what was going outside his team but Di Luca is ok becasue he does know what goes on outside his team.

TRENDING THREADS