• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

JV talks, sort of

Page 346 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Vaughters silence on his own riders positive test shows the true side of Jonathan Vaughters.

JV isn't going to speak out, if he did he'd kill his cash cow. Why else is he doing college degrees? He's aware/guessing the milk train isn't going to run forever, so he's making hay while the sun shines.

JV, Millar etc should never have been allowed back into cycling. But when you have dopers running teams/coaching/being a guru to young riders you just end up with the same outcome as before.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:
Vaughters silence on his own riders positive test shows the true side of Jonathan Vaughters.

JV isn't going to speak out, if he did he'd kill his cash cow. Why else is he doing college degrees? He's aware/guessing the milk train isn't going to run forever, so he's making hay while the sun shines.

The sooner JV, Millar etc are kicked out of cycling the better it is for cycling. But when you have dopers running teams/coaching/being a guru to young riders you just end up with the same outcome as before.

Jack Robertson former WADA investigator says it best

..the people in charge are basically raping their sports and the system for self-interest......

May 26, 2009
Visit site

Benotti69 said:
BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:

The sooner JV, Millar etc are kicked out of cycling the better it is for cycling. But when you have dopers running teams/coaching/being a guru to young riders you just end up with the same outcome as before.

..the people in charge are basically raping their sports and the system for self-interest......

I agree with Mr Robertson. Millar, JV and the rest should not have been allowed back. I'm guessing they've made some nice and easy $$$$$$$ since 2006.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:
BYOP88 said:
Benotti69 said:

I agree with Mr Robertson. Millar, JV and the rest should not have been allowed back. I'm guessing they've made some nice and easy $$$$$$$ since 2006.

Sport is broken, very broken. Vaughters is part of the problems not the solutions.

Wiggins post-Garmin envy

JV makes it in on the last paragraph here https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/sep/18/bradley-wiggins-world-anti-doping-agency-hackers-russian-leak

Jonathan Vaughters, a former American cyclist who now runs his own team, suggested a way forward that is being advocated increasingly loudly. “Want a good solution for TUEs? Make it compulsory to publicly disclose all TUEs,” he said. “Any athlete would think twice unless they really needed it.”

Wiggins post-Garmin envy?
;)

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Vaughters always was a clever guy with good ideas.
No discussion.
The problems began when he started claiming cycling is clean and sky are clean and you can now win gts clean etc. Then the calibration errors and more ***.
But fair enough, hes always been a proponent of the mpcc and he s on the mark again here.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
No comment still from Vaughters on Danielson, his rider who was popped and gets a risible 4 year ban.

But hey the guy is happy to talk about the money in cycling and ASO screwing the teams over. JV always was after the money. I reckon he took Armstrong down because he saw the Armstrong threat of taking control of ASO and the sport and leaving him outside.

Sport is about money. Doping is part of that. Always will be as long as the people who run the sport are former athletes/riders who used the doping to get ahead! Stockholm syndrome.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Wiggins transformation started at Slipstream under Vaughters.

Why are journalists not putting some hard questions to Vaughters about Wiggins?

Vaughters has made himself out to the anti-doping Jesus of the sport. No one seems to question him and his silence on it all stinks.

Never mind Danielson.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Tom Danielson gets a reduced 4 year ban and no doubt not a word from the guy who dedicated his life to anti-doping and spends half a million dollars every year testing his own riders...................

http://cyclingtips.com/2016/10/fourteen-months-later-usada-hands-tom-danielson-reduced-four-year-sanction-for-contaminated-supplement/
"Since then, I have spent countless hours, and a significant amount of money, to find out what happened." -- from Danileson's statement.

A CIR for DHEA is available. In fact, had Danielson pushed for it, USADA would've paid for it. I think it runs a little less than $1k.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Seriously JV??? Unreal, just unreal...

“With Sky, it’s either intentional malevolence, or the other possibility is that they weren’t fully aware of what that action meant because they effectively eliminated anyone with any doping experience in their employment base,” said Jonathan Vaughters, a former rider who confessed to doping and who is the chief executive of the United States-based Cannondale-Drapac cycling team.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/15/s...ggins-doping-therapeutic-exemptions.html?_r=0

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Anaconda said:
Seriously JV??? Unreal, just unreal...

“With Sky, it’s either intentional malevolence, or the other possibility is that they weren’t fully aware of what that action meant because they effectively eliminated anyone with any doping experience in their employment base,” said Jonathan Vaughters, a former rider who confessed to doping and who is the chief executive of the United States-based Cannondale-Drapac cycling team.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/15/s...ggins-doping-therapeutic-exemptions.html?_r=0
yeah. That's some serious crap from jv. Unreal insult to the brain.
And he knows perfectly well what's going on.

Oleg responding to JV in the article CN posted today in the comments section..... Priceless! :lol:

10.31.2016-09.17.png

10.31.2016-09.19.png

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/jonathan-vaughters-the-worldtour-race-to-the-bottom/

Irondan said:
BullsFan22 said:
Irondan said:
Oleg responding to JV in the article CN posted today in the comments section..... Priceless! :lol:

10.31.2016-09.17.png

10.31.2016-09.19.png

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/jonathan-vaughters-the-worldtour-race-to-the-bottom/

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt that's the 'real' Oleg.

It's the real Oleg Tinkov, we've (CN Staff) confirmed it.

Jeez. Not that he was one that shied away from controversial remarks, but now that he's leaving soon, I wonder what he has in store next??

BullsFan22 said:
Irondan said:
BullsFan22 said:
Irondan said:

10.31.2016-09.17.png

10.31.2016-09.19.png

Jeez. Not that he was one that shied away from controversial remarks, but now that he's leaving soon, I wonder what he has in store next??
It's just Oleg ****Dropping the Microphone**** as he's going out the door....

Who would expect anything less? :lol:

I'm usually a harsh critic of Oleg, but these beauties hit the nail right on the head.

Too bad JV doesn't have the cajones to respond in public. :rolleyes:

Irondan said:
BullsFan22 said:
Irondan said:

10.31.2016-09.17.png

10.31.2016-09.19.png

Pure gold. Not that Tinkov had any real solutions, but this is just fantastic.

Irondan said:
BullsFan22 said:
Irondan said:
BullsFan22 said:
Irondan said:

10.31.2016-09.17.png

10.31.2016-09.19.png

It's just Oleg ****Dropping the Microphone**** as he's going out the door....

Who would expect anything less? :lol:

I'm usually a harsh critic of Oleg, but these beauties hit the nail right on the head.

Too bad JV doesn't have the cajones to respond in public. :rolleyes:

I just find it funny that a billionaire would troll in that fashion. No, I am serious, I think it's hilarious. It would be like Mark Cuban going on a LA Lakers forum and making some sarcastic remarks on how pathetic they are, or how they waste their money and resources, under his real name, of course. I don't have a problem with it, personally, I just haven't seen this before. Maybe I just haven't read enough websites/comments!!

BullsFan22 said:
Irondan said:

10.31.2016-09.17.png

10.31.2016-09.19.png

Confirmed that is indeed Oleg. He is right you know. JV has been talking this game every year to keep the heat if his own ass before taking a salary and performing below par. And failing to call out Sky.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
Confirmed that is indeed Oleg. He is right you know. JV has been talking this game every year to keep the heat if his own *** before taking a salary and performing below par. And failing to call out Sky.
Thomas Dekker's book is out and it provides details about rampant doping in 2007.
It reminded me of Garmin's/JV's fantasy claim that they all stopped doping in 2006.
Tygart bought it. :rolleyes:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

yaco said:
I have no issue with riders training with Armstrong - Especially when we consider many of the staff on teams are ex-dopers - Nothing to see here.

When we consider most if not all the staff on teams are former dopers or enabled doping, it is extraordinary that anyone would claim that the culture to dope has changed.

But hey JV and others would have us believe that doping is not cool...........

TRENDING THREADS