• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kennaugh

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Richeypen said:
I think it will be 8 (and I think Sky think that as well judging by Stannard's performances).

Let face it though, its unlikely the UCI even though whats going on.

thats my thought. Sky would not have had Stannard battling for 5th on the final stage in Poland if they thought they already had 9.

Im fairly confident its eight.

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Of course, if Cavendish signs for Greenedge Dave Brailsford might decide to stick it to him and leave him out with the team riding for Swift :D

You say it in jest, but it is that possibility of unfair influence or confict of interest, or at least the appearance of it, which has always seemed dangerous to me about the linked relationship between British Cycling and Sky.

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Superbagneres said:
You say it in jest, but it is that possibility of unfair influence or confict of interest, or at least the appearance of it, which has always seemed dangerous to me about the linked relationship between British Cycling and Sky.

Can't see it happen. The way all the GB riders rode in the test event for Cav means either he's signing for Sky or else the conflict of interest thing is a load of crap.

I've yet to see any evidence of any conflict of evidence which is having a negative impact on team GB, with the exception of DB maybe taking his eye off the ball last year with the track team.

Still think that for GB, the benefits of Team Sky outweigh the negatives. I just hope that some GB riders still try and ride for other teams (Lloyd, Blythe, etc). Not every brit needs to ride for Sky.

I think winning the Tour of Austria was a reasonable marker but that was two years ago now. He must realise he won't achieve that because his stage wins in the Dauphiné, Herald Sun Tour and Cadel Evans race follow a similar - and new - pattern to each other; if he can get a lead of a few seconds in the final 10km, he can pursuit away to the finish. If he applies that method in more races in the future, he's a useful disruptive influence on a race and he can aspire to win enough to consider his potential fulfilled.

Odd season so far:

51st in a supporting role at the Tour Down Under - 1st Cadel Evans race - 2nd overall and a stage, Herald Sun Tour.

Then a month off before DNF Strade Bianche - 15th overall Tirreno-Adriatico - though I doubt he was trying - 49th in a supporting role at MSR.

Then another month off... and now he's riding the Tour de Yorkshire. Why the stop-start nature to his season?

When I saw the Kennaugh thread this high I for sure thought it would be about this:

ChIEordWYAI4b2o.jpg
ChIEorbWwAA7DJ8.jpg

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't matter if he's a tool, he's got a point, although he missed it in his tweet.

It makes zero sense for Sky to waste money on women cycling. Sponsors invest to make money, not to lose them..

TRENDING THREADS