• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kimmage unleashes hell, counter-sues Verbruggen & McQuaid

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 14, 2010
Visit site
Not saying by any means that this will happen, but it would be so awesome if Kimmage produces one or more surprise witness(es) for the defense: Floyd, Armstrong, or both. It would actually be a brilliant move for Armstrong, in particular, to testify against Verdruggem, as he could have his revenge on the old Dutch reprobate and begin the rehabilitation of his public image in the bargain.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Maxiton said:
Not saying by any means that this will happen, but it would be so awesome if Kimmage produces one or more surprise witness(es) for the defense: Floyd, Armstrong, or both. It would actually be a brilliant move for Armstrong, in particular, to testify against Verdruggem, as he could have his revenge on the old Dutch reprobate and begin the rehabilitation of his public image in the bargain.
If something like that went down I would be floored. What about Tyler and his vanishing twin? The wondertwins reactivated for the witness stand?

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Glenn_Wilson said:
Maxiton said:
If something like that went down I would be floored. What about Tyler and his vanishing twin? The wondertwins reactivated for the witness stand?

Double trouble. :D

Maxiton said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Maxiton said:

Uh no. Please no Armstrong. Don't even give him a chance to rehabilitate his public image. If he wants to do it by himself, then so be it. Nobody else should help him or push him.

May 14, 2010
Visit site

BullsFan22 said:
Maxiton said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Maxiton said:

Uh no. Please no Armstrong. Don't even give him a chance to rehabilitate his public image. If he wants to do it by himself, then so be it. Nobody else should help him or push him.

Listen, if LA helped to bring down Verdruggem, I'd buy him a Michelob Lite (or whatever brand it was he was last selling). Verdruggem truly is the Darth Vader of modern pro cycling.

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Glenn_Wilson said:
Maxiton said:

Apparently they will give conflicting testimony unless, of course, one of them disappears.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Fortyninefourteen said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Maxiton said:

Apparently they will give conflicting testimony unless, of course, one of them disappears.
Obviously you are correct. They just have to be careful when the wonder twins activate!

shape of a pro cyclist - form of VO2 max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktUx57i63e0

Re: Kimmage unleashes hell, counter-sues Verbruggen & McQuai

Floyd can't help - it's referencing the original interview which started all this.

And no one can help now anyway. The hearing has been heard. It's for the judgement now whenever that is.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Maxiton said:
Glenn_Wilson said:
Maxiton said:

toil and bubble

but who's lady macbeth?

cath or cound?

or betsy?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

frenchfry said:
snccdcno said:
Kimmage has lost the libel case and has to pay Verbruggen about €10,000 :(
The Swiss legal system protecting the sports mafia?

I am not surprised. There is a reason all the international sport federations base themselves in Swisscorruptionbankland. Protection. THey bring in huge amounts of money into Swiss banks, legitimately and otherwise
:mad:

Benotti69 said:
frenchfry said:
snccdcno said:

I am not surprised. There is a reason all the international sport federations base themselves in Swisscorruptionbankland. Protection. THey bring in huge amounts of money into Swiss banks, legitimately and otherwise
I consider myself an optimist. But when I find myself finding common ground with Benotti on issues of real substance, I get a glimpse at just how much the world is truly -

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

carton said:
Benotti69 said:
frenchfry said:
snccdcno said:

I consider myself an optimist. But when I find myself finding common ground with Benotti on issues of real substance, I get a glimpse at just how much the world is truly -

Well, that's the way the world works and it isn't only Switzerland; I'm surprised the UCI hasn't got a letterbox company in Amsterdam with an automatic transfer system through the Caymans to save even more taxes. Or maybe they do, I'm too lazy to check.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I am not going to hold my breath that the cycling media comes out in defence of a fellow Journalist. That would prove they viewed themselves as journalists and not 2 bit fans with a laptop!

I also will wait and see what the sport has to say, but again not going to hold my breath.

Will we see the likes of Coe go after journalists in a similar manner, Radcliffe too, now they know how the Swiss will side with the money? I think so.