• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kimmage unleashes hell, counter-sues Verbruggen & McQuaid

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gavandope said:
He should set up a justgiving account himself or get someone he trusts absolutely to do it. I effing hate bullies and instead of stressing he's got no money it's time he got off his backside so everyone can help him (again)

I have no idea to contact him other than a tweet which I would rather not do but I bet one of you lot must have a way to contact..

here you go - set up away...

http://www.everydayhero.com/uk/

Digger said:
Fuller was silent all along - Pat dropped the case Jamie said he'd step up after Aaron took the money......Hein continues the case, Jamie silent....Jamie from day one, and people have not seen it, has been on a PR mission.
Of course people saw it, he blasted his company's logo all over every Change Cycling Now document after all.

Whilst I'm aware the Fuller made the offer (thanks for confirmation), I'm not certain that Kimmage ever accepted the offer.

Does anyone know what Kimmage made of the offer at the time? I have a feeling that Kimmage effectively thanked him for the offer, but can't remember if he took him up on it...

Granville57 said:
And we discussed it back on page 82. :)
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=19252&highlight=jamie+fuller&page=82

Some of us questioned Fuller's motives back then, and I continue to do so.

It's not like Fuller's got a worldwide monopoly and IOC money flowing into his Swiss bank account to somehow change the UCI. If I were selling fancy lycra, I'd do the same thing.

It was low-cost advertising.

No one at Change Cycling Now was going to make a difference unless they started their own international cycling federation.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Kimmage vs Verbruggen legal case set for July

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/06/kimmage-vs-verbruggen-legal-case-set-for-july-i-have-had-three-years-of-thisi-am-not-amused-at-all/

Since the CIRC report has shown the UCI of Hein/Pat to be, shall we say 'incompetent'? why are those who profess to be clean and promote a clean sport not coming out and defending Kimmage?

Where are?;
Jonathan Vaughters
Gerarrd Vroomen
David Millar (when not jumping up and down on Brailsford 150K car or ligging at hour records)
Dave Brailsford
Nibali (son of the mother of the imbecile)
Ryder Hesjedal (doping didn't work for him even though he doped as a MTBer and Road Pro)
The Riders of the Reasoned Decision who all stopped in 2006
Brian Cookson
LeMond
I think that if no one takes a verbal stand against Verbruggen in this it will seal the deal about the sport being a full on doping culture.....

PS please feel free to add names to the list...

Edit: as usual JV shows his true side by being serious about the issue and tweeting a Will Ferrel wrestling vid. Way to go 'dedicated life to anti doping', way to go......

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Benotti69 said:
Kimmage vs Verbruggen legal case set for July

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2015/06/kimmage-vs-verbruggen-legal-case-set-for-july-i-have-had-three-years-of-thisi-am-not-amused-at-all/

Since the CIRC report has shown the UCI of Hein/Pat to be, shall we say 'incompetent'? why are those who profess to be clean and promote a clean sport not coming out and defending Kimmage?

Where are?;
Jonathan Vaughters
Gerarrd Vroomen
David Millar (when not jumping up and down on Brailsford 150K car or ligging at hour records)
Dave Brailsford
Nibali (son of the mother of the imbecile)
Ryder Hesjedal (doping didn't work for him even though he doped as a MTBer and Road Pro)
The Riders of the Reasoned Decision who all stopped in 2006
Brian Cookson
LeMond
I think that if no one takes a verbal stand against Verbruggen in this it will seal the deal about the sport being a full on doping culture.....

PS please feel free to add names to the list...

Edit: as usual JV shows his true side by being serious about the issue and tweeting a Will Ferrel wrestling vid. Way to go 'dedicated life to anti doping', way to go......

Wiggins (2007 vintage)
Froome and Mrs Froome.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Kimmage unleashes hell, counter-sues Verbruggen & McQuai

What at disgraceful man Verdrugen is. Feel so sorry for Kimmage and good on Shane Stokes writing such a good article on the situation.

What those who want to make more $$$money$$$ from the sport don't realize is how an ex leader who's public image is crap, dragging such a case to the courts and exposing the story over and over...this is not good for the image of the pro sport. The public is loosing more and more faith in the governing bodies as time goes by and cycling looks like a joke again taking to court the journalist who's original book could have been a catalyst for change. Instead we got 25 more years of corruption, lies, cheating and hippocracy.

Those who want to make money from the sport should be quietly trying to get this to go away. Talk to HV and offer a generous settlement to PK for his costs/time/stress.

Velon
MPCC
UCI - Cookson himself

Everyone connected with the USPS case could speak up:

USADA - Tygert
All the "6 months off in winter/retirement" athletes who asked for forgiveness, proclaimed their love of the sport and promised to do all they could to make it better
JV' in so many different ways staying silent shows he is not the leader he thinks he is (either business wise or antidoping wise)
Millar as a self proclaimed whatever he is

Armstrong could hold all the keys and gain some real credits by speaking up for PK, but he and the rest are not the least bit genuine or have even a shred of remorse

The CIRC panel

Add so on...

As Shane Stokes recently tweeted - "At times like this I think cycling is a sport scripted by The Onion"

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
the Aaron Brown story is pretty baffling, too.

for Cookson, by supportng Kimmage he could obviously kill two birds with one stone: score antidoping sympathy points and strike a nice blow against Verbruggen.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:
the Aaron Brown story is pretty baffling, too.

for Cookson, by supportng Kimmage he could obviously kill two birds with one stone: score antidoping sympathy points and strike a nice blow against Verbruggen.

But does Cookson dare scoring cheap points at this moment?

Seems to me he has become diminished by recent defeats and keeping busy tweeting about non-controversial issues from the great beyond...

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Tells you all you need to know about cycling but just a couple of points

Firstly the general public don't even know who the cycling governing body is and don't care - only people on forums like this care and they are few and far between.

Secondly what if Cookson gets involved and others and then Kimmage loses?

Verbruggen is publicly victorious and can continue his tirade about how he was better for cycling and cookson is an idiot.
No court case is ever 100% certain.

With the new digital age there is a lot of danger in saying anything publicly these days unless you are absolutely sure of the outcome and the facts. If you get it wrong it will come back to haunt you daily in the future.

Best to not say anything and comment after the case is done one way or another.

TRENDING THREADS