• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kit Thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
One of the cooler team photos I've seen, each rider with his bike. That kit was classy.
picture.php

Alpe d'Huez said:
I've concluded that SaxoBank needs to seek out Ethos Water as an additional sponsor. They would make for a very complimentary kit:

brand.gif

ethos_logo.gif

lol :D

I've decided that I like SaxoBank's kit.

At first I was l leery of another white and blue kit, but it's grown on me. Maybe it's all the black on the shorts, I dunno, or maybe it's jsut excitement about young Andy Schleck.

17.jpg

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
lauaxeta said:
Caisse d'Epargne's black/red kit looks good.

Anyone seen the Team Waste Management (Arizona, not NJ!!!) kit? http://www.racelabu23.com/

Waste Management isn't bad, but I never like it when the "crotch" portion of the shorts is a color that isn't represented elsewhere on the kit. The black crotch just stands out to much.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Here's my team's kit that I layed out and designed about 18 months ago. We're getting ready to redesign it for the 2010 season...any suggestions on what direction I should go in?
2164393929_c139b88012.jpg

Anyone remember these? 2003 Giro.

cunego-montergine2.jpg

Variation worn in the 2003 Tour:

SIMONIRITARDO-1807.jpg

Looking back, it was strange watching Simoni get dropped on all the climbs that Tour. The Giro-Tour double was too much to try to pull off. There was likely another reason, but let's not go there.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
pmessal said:
Here's my team's kit that I layed out and designed about 18 months ago. We're getting ready to redesign it for the 2010 season...any suggestions on what direction I should go in?
2164393929_c139b88012.jpg

Just seeing if there are any suggestions out there?:)

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Aside from the ridiculous Bos incident in Turkey, I noticed the new gumby green look for Team Navigare is very klass.
TGR_1492.jpg

picture.php

The team photo also turned out good with the front row at an incline.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I think you need to divid this topic into old/vintage kit and new team kit. I love the new Cervelo stuff, very cool but I can't wear black where I am.

Vintage Bianchi is very cool.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I allways loved the Fassa Bortolo kit. I owe the kit of the Italian national team of 2 years ago, i really love that one. Right now a fantastic kit is the one of Camio-oro a-style, i love that.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
pmessal said:

Thanks for the compliments.

On another kit-related note:
I just noticed that Lance's Astana kit has the subtle hint that he was in fact a World Champion.

I used to always be disappointed that he never took advantage of displaying the rainbow stripes on his sleeves in the later part of his career (pre-comeback).

I'm glad he's paying homage to his 1993 triumph:
DV506446.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Liberate

I really like some of the older SAECO jersies.
One they did with the heart and broken chain "Liberate"..my very favorite.
If you have one in Medium I would sure like to buy it.
Also like a very early USPS with Louis Armstrong and early Euskadi when they were turquise and not orange.

email me if you have the Saeco Liberate: twelvespokes at aol dot com

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Now I like black kits, but these guys look like they are competing in Tri's already wearing their wet suits...

94.jpg

and what does this Hungarian team remind you of?

phoca_thumb_l_czirakipityesz2009.jpg.jpg

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Bala Verde said:
and what does this Hungarian team remind you of?

Yeah, the good 'ol Acqua & Sapone – Domina Vacanze – Cipollini zebra stripes. Reminds me of all the high school sports that mimic the designs of pro teams. Too bad, I always thought Hungarians were more original than that. Known for their scientists, and engineers, but not graphic designers I guess. Well, except for Tibor Kalman.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I never understood why a rider would want to look like a zebra. Every time I see one on TV, it's being hunted down by a lion or a pack of hyena. Seems they are second only to the wildebeest in terms of being eaten.

TRENDING THREADS