• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kit Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Yeah, the good 'ol Acqua & Sapone – Domina Vacanze – Cipollini zebra stripes. Reminds me of all the high school sports that mimic the designs of pro teams. Too bad, I always thought Hungarians were more original than that. Known for their scientists, and engineers, but not graphic designers I guess. Well, except for Tibor Kalman.

I am always pleasantly surprised by the 'type' of sponsor that invests in cycling. Some of these are so random, from quick step (laminate, wooden floors, carpet) to Mapei (adhesives, floors, paint) and here this hungarian team called "beton express" which translates into "concrete express" ie a concrete company...

I wonder what they gain from this type of advertsing :rolleyes:

Bala Verde said:
I am always pleasantly surprised by the 'type' of sponsor that invests in cycling. Some of these are so random, from quick step (laminate, wooden floors, carpet) to Mapei (adhesives, floors, paint) and here this hungarian team called "beton express" which translates into "concrete express" ie a concrete company...

I wonder what they gain from this type of advertsing :rolleyes:

Add to this current ProTour teams Lampre (who started this thread :)) and Liquigas, who traffic in steel (not bike steel, as far as I know) and gas, respectively. Also, the late Saunier-Duval, who make heaters.

And, since my new club kit looks similar to Liquigas, I give you Liquigas (Man, Pozzato and Pellizotti sure are pretty...;)):

atoc09st08dw-liquigas.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
mr. tibbs said:
Add to this current ProTour teams Lampre (who started this thread :)) and Liquigas, who traffic in steel (not bike steel, as far as I know) and gas, respectively. Also, the late Saunier-Duval, who make heaters.

And, since my new club kit looks similar to Liquigas, I give you Liquigas (Man, Pozzato and Pellizotti sure are pretty...;)):

atoc09st08dw-liquigas.jpg

Lovin' the 'clip-in boots'... Sidi's I believe, right? I know they are made for small Italian feet, feel snug and come in narrow widths. I wouldn't pick any other brand to keep me spinning :cool:

TRENDING THREADS