• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Kreuziger going down?

Page 44 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
2,762
0
0
I'll post to save St. Jonathan of Vaughters having to post.

"Great day for cleanER cycling".
 
Jul 21, 2012
6,664
0
0
Re:

BYOP88 said:
I'll post to save St. Jonathan of Vaughters having to post.

"Great day for cleanER cycling".
haha was just reading the first few pages of this thread and came across this post

JV1973 said:
BYOP88 said:
JV, I thought everyone stopped doping in '06 because it wasn't cool to do drugs anymore?
For a a large number of guys it stopped after 1998 - and they were angry about all the guys who kept doing it until 2001 when the EPO test came out, and then there were another group of guys who stopped, who then became angry about those who found a way around the old EPO test...then another large group stopped in the 2005-2006 range, as the homologous transfusion test came out and puerto broke - and those guys then became really angry about those guys who tried to keep doping. Then when the passport came out, another group stopped.... and on it goes.

you could call each and every group that once doped and then stopped, hypocrites for being angry about the guys who kept doping. but, in the end, that's how progress is made, not some massive watershed event. takes a while to unravel 100 years of culture.

please, don't oversimplify my thoughts or opinions.
 
Re:

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Astana cleared.

Kreuziger cleared.

Bertie winning the Giro without any competitive teammates.

What are the odds soon to be Froomedad will win the Tour?
Valverde leading the World Tour rankings.

Zorzoli reinstated.

Savio still in cycling despite the CIRC report.

Astana making merry in the last chance saloon during the Giro.

#progress
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

the sceptic said:
BYOP88 said:
I'll post to save St. Jonathan of Vaughters having to post.

"Great day for cleanER cycling".
haha was just reading the first few pages of this thread and came across this post

JV1973 said:
BYOP88 said:
JV, I thought everyone stopped doping in '06 because it wasn't cool to do drugs anymore?
For a a large number of guys it stopped after 1998 - and they were angry about all the guys who kept doing it until 2001 when the EPO test came out, and then there were another group of guys who stopped, who then became angry about those who found a way around the old EPO test...then another large group stopped in the 2005-2006 range, as the homologous transfusion test came out and puerto broke - and those guys then became really angry about those guys who tried to keep doping. Then when the passport came out, another group stopped.... and on it goes.

you could call each and every group that once doped and then stopped, hypocrites for being angry about the guys who kept doping. but, in the end, that's how progress is made, not some massive watershed event. takes a while to unravel 100 years of culture.

please, don't oversimplify my thoughts or opinions.
The snakeoil works a treat..........
 
Jun 2, 2015
69
0
0
"Consistent with the approach taken during this entire case and in light of the confidential nature of the information concerned, the UCI and WADA are not in a position to comment further."
http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/uci-and-wada-terminate-cas-case-concerning-roman-kreuziger/

Ahhhh pretty much all the laundry has been aired, names and so many details already in the public domain. Pretty fed up with the "authorities" continuing to hide behind confidentiality issues. As much as I have many issues with how the USADA vs Armstrong case was handled, I appreciated the reasoned decision document. UCI/WADA so afraid of losing and it setting a precedent that its decided better to drop the case. I can understand this to a degree, but at the same time another light shed on how friggin difficult (costly) it is to prosecute a contentious case. Easier to drop. Good to be a wealthy star.

The clean athletes/teams, St J of V should all be crying out loud for a proper reasoned decision why the case has been dropped!
 
Aug 6, 2009
1,926
0
0
Re:

ray j willings said:
Carpet sweeping continues. Don't get me wrong I am glad he can race. Its the UCI pretending that they can really do some think when for the most time they have the ignore button on and the keep the sponsors happy button on. There's the money though so you can't blame them? I just wish they would stop pretending...
The pretense is how bureaucracies protect themselves. You can't expect change to ever come from the top down. They are in place to protect the status quo.

If in a way you can't blame them, that exhibits a cynical yet pragmatic understanding of how things work at the highest levels of sport.
 
Apr 3, 2011
1,837
0
0
Re:

sniper said:
wonder who paid Kreuziger's UCI bills, Oleg or Vino
or in the end - Rijs, if we believe the conspiracy theory that this was part of a pressure on TS to get rid of Mr. 60% (which would be actually, errr, positive)
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
I almost expect an announcement from Katusha about their new rider...................Denis Menchov.......
 
Mar 9, 2010
526
0
0
i don't see how anyone can call this a 'victory' for the passport.

either he's clean and had his career diminished and his reputation smeared because the passport system really doesn't understand some very basic physiology...

or, something very corrupt has taken place that the passport system is completely incapable of addressing, rendering it pointless.

if the purpose of the passport is to acquire leverage over people to shake them down for money or political gain, then, yeah, i can see how the kreuziger affair might be called a victory.
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
That other sports with big doping problems, Tennis and Athletics to name 2, are looking to introduce the ABP, I would guess it is a smoke screen to leverage better control over the sport.
 
Aug 4, 2011
2,644
0
0
Re: Re:

Berzin said:
ray j willings said:
Carpet sweeping continues. Don't get me wrong I am glad he can race. Its the UCI pretending that they can really do some think when for the most time they have the ignore button on and the keep the sponsors happy button on. There's the money though so you can't blame them? I just wish they would stop pretending...
The pretense is how bureaucracies protect themselves. You can't expect change to ever come from the top down. They are in place to protect the status quo.

If in a way you can't blame them, that exhibits a cynical yet pragmatic understanding of how things work at the highest levels of sport.
Agree...and very well put. I don't really have an issue with the doping, its more about the hypocritical face of the sporting body's.
 
Aug 2, 2012
4,219
1
0
.............but even if cookson took the $.........why did WADA back down too?

i'm bemused!.............and i'm naive enough to expect explanation............

Mark L
 
Aug 4, 2011
2,644
0
0
Re:

ebandit said:
.............but even if cookson took the $.........why did WADA back down too?

i'm bemused!.............and i'm naive enough to expect explanation............

Mark L
Wada are to busy . They just found out from the BBC that athletes micro dose. They are looking into it :D
 
Jul 11, 2013
2,656
0
0
Re:

ebandit said:
.............but even if cookson took the $.........why did WADA back down too?

i'm bemused!.............and i'm naive enough to expect explanation............

Mark L
WADA have enough trouble with the ABP as it is...

If UCI doesn't want to proceed then no reason to going it alone against a ressourceful Kreuziger...

If there was even a 10% chance they would lose, then better lo live and fight another day..
 
May 26, 2010
19,530
0
0
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
ebandit said:
.............but even if cookson took the $.........why did WADA back down too?

i'm bemused!.............and i'm naive enough to expect explanation............

Mark L
Wada are to busy . They just found out from the BBC that athletes micro dose. They are looking into it :D
There will be a WIRC report to follow..........
 
Sep 29, 2012
8,087
0
0
WADA are busy wooing the horse racing fraternity. If they can get the Saudis on board, there will be junkets out the whazoo.

If they show they can be lenient to the financially enabled, it will only encourage the oil elites to continue to consider their inclusion in the fraternity.



/conspiracy
 
Jul 11, 2013
2,656
0
0
Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
WADA are busy wooing the horse racing fraternity. If they can get the Saudis on board, there will be junkets out the whazoo.

If they show they can be lenient to the financially enabled, it will only encourage the oil elites to continue to consider their inclusion in the fraternity.

/conspiracy
Horse racing?

You do know they have introduced the ABP to thoroughbreds.. (for real!!)

Maybe that is what is taking up all their time...
 
Mar 12, 2009
1,934
0
0
Re:

Benotti69 said:
That other sports with big doping problems, Tennis and Athletics to name 2, are looking to introduce the ABP, I would guess it is a smoke screen to leverage better control over the sport.
Athletics introdused the ABP in -09, they have banned many athletes based on it.

Unlike cycling...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS