• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kreuziger going down?

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

peloton said:
Benotti69 said:
That other sports with big doping problems, Tennis and Athletics to name 2, are looking to introduce the ABP, I would guess it is a smoke screen to leverage better control over the sport.

Athletics introdused the ABP in -09, they have banned many athletes based on it.

Unlike cycling...

Really? Whom?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Energy Starr said:
peloton said:
Benotti69 said:
That other sports with big doping problems, Tennis and Athletics to name 2, are looking to introduce the ABP, I would guess it is a smoke screen to leverage better control over the sport.

Athletics introdused the ABP in -09, they have banned many athletes based on it.

Unlike cycling...

Really? Whom?

Kenyans mostly, I guess. Need to show the 'investment' works to a point......

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

Energy Starr said:
peloton said:
Benotti69 said:

Unlike cycling...

Really? Whom?

Well, have a read. (This is the latest updated version, mind, there have been many)
http://www.iaaf.org/download/download?filename=23c1e0bd-d4f8-4c91-941d-6558e4a29091.pdf&urlslug=List%20of%20athletes%20currently%20serving%20a%20period%20of%20ineligibility%20as%20a%20result%20of%20an%20anti-doping%20rule%20violation%20under%20IAAF%20rules

edit.

50hdaa.png

peloton said:
Energy Starr said:
peloton said:
Benotti69 said:

Unlike cycling...

Really? Whom?

Well, have a read. (This is the latest updated version, mind, there have been many)
http://www.iaaf.org/download/download?filename=23c1e0bd-d4f8-4c91-941d-6558e4a29091.pdf&urlslug=List%20of%20athletes%20currently%20serving%20a%20period%20of%20ineligibility%20as%20a%20result%20of%20an%20anti-doping%20rule%20violation%20under%20IAAF%20rules

edit.

50hdaa.png

To be fair, still not any real big fish iirc. Olympic champions are not all equal. A women's one from say Russia is like the equivalent of the semi finalists in the 100m. They won't dare take down a real star, one who's impact goes beyond 10 minutes of screen time and into things like the sale of Nikie trainers. Ps is that last comment from dopingnytt sarcastic?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

The Hitch said:
peloton said:
Energy Starr said:
peloton said:
Benotti69 said:

Unlike cycling...

Really? Whom?

edit.

50hdaa.png

To be fair, still not any real big fish iirc. Olympic champions are not all equal. A women's one from say Russia is like the equivalent of the semi finalists in the 100m. They won't dare take down a real star, one who's impact goes beyond 10 minutes of screen time and into things like the sale of Nikie trainers. Ps is that last comment from dopingnytt sarcastic?

Well, Benotti claimed Athletics wasn't even on the ABP program, and yet they have been banning many more athletes than cycling, go figure.

Olympic champions are not all equal? Have you watched athletics? :)

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
How and why would UCI/WADA take a payment from Oleg? Roman's contract is almost done. So why would Oleg pay more money to keep an athlete who might be done after this contract or renewed at a pay cut? Cmon makes no sense. Oleg is rich and you don't get his cash, making bad money moves.

In the end the ABP is now becoming slowly picked apart. If Roman was to win his case. Then all that money invested in the ABP goes out the window. And the line forms for the lawsuits from athletes who have been banned on ONLY ABP data. So UCI/WADA drop this case and live to fight another day. Wihout facing an onslaught of potential suits.

peloton said:
Olympic champions are not all equal? Have you watched athletics? :)
Well its precisely from watching athletics that this obvious conclusion gets reached. The BBC didn't bother to show half the athletics final on their prime time highlights show. Bolt goofing around in the tunnel meanwhile was breaking news that required 10 minutes of analysis each time.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Re:

del1962 said:
JTL wishes he had a rich daddy and a sympathetic national doping agency

But the evidence says Kreuziger is clean, so that must mean he is clean. He doesn't need any rich daddys.

JTL on the other hand was a cheater and a doper. Nothing you can do about those people.

the sceptic said:
del1962 said:

But the evidence says Kreuziger is clean, so that must mean he is clean. He doesn't need any rich daddys.

JTL on the other hand was a cheater and a doper. Nothing you can do about those people.

Yeah it is always nice when your national doping agency supports a clean athlete against the evil WADA

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
To all the conspiracists:
Why oh why would WADA accept money from Tinkov and drop the case? Or are they corrupt too all of a sudden?

Surely the most obvious reason is that UCI and WADA realized, with the latest info, they weren't going to get him punished at CAS.

I don't think money changed hands here...

But I do think that if there was even a 10% chance of losing in CAS it was enough reason to sound the retreat..

Think about what would be worse..

1. Taking a beating now amidst the FIFA scandal taking attention? And live to fight another day...

2. Taking a huge possibly precedental loss in CAS on top of all the flaws of the ABP in focus lately...

Surely option one is preferable...?

On the other hand, if you can't risk taking even infinitesimally dubious cases to CAS, the whole thing isn't very helpful, is it.

It's just the latest example of ridiculous excuses that wouldn't have flown a few years ago resulting in dopers evading a ban, and I do believe it's a worrisome trend.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

del1962 said:
the sceptic said:
del1962 said:

Yeah it is always nice when your national doping agency supports a clean athlete against the evil WADA

what? you think Kreuziger is a doper or not?

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Re:

hrotha said:
On the other hand, if you can't risk taking even infinitesimally dubious cases to CAS, the whole thing isn't very helpful, is it.

It's just the latest example of ridiculous excuses that wouldn't have flown a few years ago resulting in dopers evading a ban, and I do believe it's a worrisome trend.

Oh, I agree with this as well...

Kreuziger was if I understand correctly the first with the means to fight such a case really hard.. Maybe that tells us something about the nature of the passport. That it is too open to interpretation and hard to be conclusive when faced with an army of "experts"...

Surely the claim "the system works" is a hollow one to make these days...

TRENDING THREADS