• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kreuziger going down?

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sniper said:
pastronef said:
sniper said:
pastronef said:
where are the anti hypocrisy people, while Kreuziger beats a Novo Nordisk rider (whose voctory would have been huge for the team) in Colorado?

not a tweet? not a whisper? nothing?

too busy talking about the Vuelta where a bunch of kreuzigers are racing against each other?

where's the hypocricy?

the silence you can hear on the webz. a guy who doped has beaten a guy on a clean small pro conti team, and I don´t hear anyone complaining.
I hope people understand how much a stage win would mean for Novo Nordisk.

that's marginal hypocricy at best and as thesceptic says what do we know about novo nordisk?
And is anybody at all claiming Kreuziger to be clean? don't think so.

I've heard people claim the giro 2012 was won by a clean team.
Same people are now hanging Kreuziger as a doper.
imo that's hypocricy.

I never said Ryder and Garmin were clean,

hahah, now people casting doubts on Novo Nordisk? :D
I was asking where were you all, while Kreuziger beat Mejias. Kreuziger who should not be riding. should not be stealing wins from other riders, especially clean pro continental who never win

"hanging Kreuziger as a doper"
oh my.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:
where are the anti hypocrisy people, while Kreuziger beats a Novo Nordisk rider (whose voctory would have been huge for the team) in Colorado?

too busy talking about the Vuelta where a bunch of kreuzigers are racing against each other?
Wow, just wow.

UCI say Kreuziger are cleans pastro, isnt that enough? A rise in hct of a few points in a GT is acceptable these days.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
pastronef said:
i never said you said they are clean.
Kreuziger who should not be riding. should not be stealing wins from other riders, especially clean pro continental who never win
did anybody ever say anything different? :confused:
oh my.
https://twitter.com/TheRaceRadio/status/634845531299119104
don't get me wrong, the hypocricy lies not in calling out kreuziger.
The hypocricy imo lies in using a different yardstick for hesjedal et al.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
pastronef said:

Wow, just wow.

UCI say Kreuziger are cleans pastro, isnt that enough? A rise in hct of a few points in a GT is acceptable these days.

I know what you mean

I was not discussing if Kreuziger is clean or not

just how his win is perceived.

Henao is clean too ;)
Imagine if he was racing in Colorado and won yesterday instead of Kreuziger, twitter would go mad

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:
sniper said:
pastronef said:
sniper said:
pastronef said:

where's the hypocricy?

the silence you can hear on the webz. a guy who doped has beaten a guy on a clean small pro conti team, and I don´t hear anyone complaining.

that's marginal hypocricy at best and as thesceptic says what do we know about novo nordisk?
And is anybody at all claiming Kreuziger to be clean? don't think so.

I've heard people claim the giro 2012 was won by a clean team.
Same people are now hanging Kreuziger as a doper.
imo that's hypocricy.

hahah, now people casting doubts on Novo Nordisk? :D
I was asking where were you all, while Kreuziger beat Mejias. Kreuziger who should not be riding. should not be stealing wins from other riders, especially clean pro continental who never win

oh my.

And how do you know they are clean? because they say so? In that case Kreuziger is clean too.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:
pastronef said:

Wow, just wow.

I know what you mean

Henao is clean too ;)
Imagine if he was racing in Colorado and won yesterday instead of Kreuziger, twitter would go mad
Thats not what I meant, I read something different earlier today about ''asking at the other side'' while you are marching in here like an elephant. Thats the 'wow' factor.

Be honest the next time.

Kreuziger has money so he is cleared, thats how the system works.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:
pastronef said:

Wow, just wow.

I know what you mean

Henao is clean too ;)

And how is his win percieved?

pastronef said:

Kreuziger beats a dude who rode for Saunier Duval for five years and you want people to be infuriated because "evil doper steals a win from clean hero"?
You're missing the anti hypocrisy point by quite a few miles

Re:

cnc-it said:
Kreuziger's blood values showed the hallmarks of EPO use but he didn't test positive for EPO or anything similar so that raised the question as to how his Reticulocyte count went up if, as he says, it wasn't externally manipulated during a period of heavy racing...
So an undetectable form of EPO or a masking product may be found at a later date during a retrospective test...case still open in my opinion!

FYI, EPO a cyclist would use is mostly undetectable anyway. If I'm not mistaken, the urinalysis test is the most common and the rider would have to really mess up to have metabolites(?) left over when the testing window opens AND be selected/surprised with testing. This is part of the reasoning why there is a bio-passport.

As Seppelt's last IAAF story shows, they have countless positives and do not normally sanction higher profile winners. I'm sure cycling operates similarly.

Why they decided to go after Kreuziger of all people remains a mystery. JTL is their typical target, underfunded and not well known.

pastronef said:
sniper said:
pastronef said:

where's the hypocricy?

Pastronef,

This is the U.S. and the UCI, doping is okay until it randomly isn't.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Billie said:
IndianCyclist said:
His GT performances have suddenly become mid pack after the accusations.

No, he rode his best GT ever (by far, would have podiumed le Tour if not for working/waiting for Contador) one week after UCI told him about the alleged irregularities. :eek:
Indian is hater.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

doperhopper said:
Full win for Kreuzi, case closed, no explanation - but he won't seek any damages... because he has to concentrate on his career (which depends on UCI). Maybe he could eventually sue them once he quits cycling, extract a hefty bonus, and then earn more money for his book "Yeah Folks, I Was Juiced To The Bones!"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kreuziger-still-no-explanation-as-to-why-the-uci-dropped-my-doping-case/

There was a lot of talk re: damages claims, and then *poof* it all went away.

Smells like an out of CAS settlement to me.

Dear Wiggo said:
doperhopper said:
Full win for Kreuzi, case closed, no explanation - but he won't seek any damages... because he has to concentrate on his career (which depends on UCI). Maybe he could eventually sue them once he quits cycling, extract a hefty bonus, and then earn more money for his book "Yeah Folks, I Was Juiced To The Bones!"

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kreuziger-still-no-explanation-as-to-why-the-uci-dropped-my-doping-case/

There was a lot of talk re: damages claims, and then *poof* it all went away.

Smells like an out of CAS settlement to me.
If UCI releases their year end balance we will be able to tell... I still remember that UCI and AC "settled" their case.. there was a 1,000,000€ sum in the end of the year financial accounts with no explanation where that came from (under "Doping fines" IIRC), and conveniently it was exactly half of the 2,000,000€ UCI wanted :rolleyes:

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Re:

glassmoon said:
another proof that UCI are just bunch of clowns

Unfortunately I think it's probably a lot worse than just being clowns. As we all know, it's not uncommon to find corruption at both the highest and lowest levels of sport--not to mention everywhere in between. :eek:

Billie said:
IndianCyclist said:
His GT performances have suddenly become mid pack after the accusations.

No, he rode his best GT ever (by far, would have podiumed le Tour if not for working/waiting for Contador) one week after UCI told him about the alleged irregularities. :eek:

2016 and Mr. Kreuziger is a solid top-20 at the moment. I thought he'd be top-10 overall by the end. Today on the Arcalis did not go well.

I am hoping for much more visibility for Roman in the next two weeks.

Re:

movingtarget said:
Yes Kreuziger is going down, down the GC. Talking about him as a potential podium or a team leader is just nonsense.

It was 2013 where he got 5th overall. 5th!!! What happened Roman? Why so many crazy results?

I'm crushed to read Kreuziger will not be at the Olympics. Now that Contador is doing the Vuelta, he's probably out of a podium shot for that. It's a very sad day.

DirtyWorks said:
movingtarget said:
Yes Kreuziger is going down, down the GC. Talking about him as a potential podium or a team leader is just nonsense.

It was 2013 where he got 5th overall. 5th!!! What happened Roman? Why so many crazy results?

I'm crushed to read Kreuziger will not be at the Olympics. Now that Contador is doing the Vuelta, he's probably out of a podium shot for that. It's a very sad day.

One of those riders. His form is all over the place. He wins Amstel and rides better than Contador in the 2013 Tour and then nothing. I can't see him making the top 10 in this race.

Kreuziger to Orica is certainly notable from an optics point of view. We know they're all at it etc. etc., but what does the casual 'Anglo = clean' fan think of hiring an ex-Astana guy with Ferrari connections who got out of a passport case by the skin of his teeth?

TRENDING THREADS