• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, 1.HC, 25.02.18

Your Pick

• GvA

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Stuyven

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Demare

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Colbrelli

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Theuns

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sep

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Trentin

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Cort

• Styby

• Phil

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
images

For many decades, Kuurne–Brussels–Kuurne serves as the second race of the opening weekend in Belgium, after Omloop Het Nieuwsblad on Saturday, as well as the first weekend of racing in Northwestern Europe.[1] Although second after the Omloop, and considered the smaller of the two events, it holds significant prestige because of its calendar date. Since 2005 it is included in the UCI Europe Tour; in 2016 it was upgraded to a 1.HC event, the same ranking as Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, but Omloop was upgraded to UCI World Tour level in 2017. Despite tandeming with Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, no rider has ever won the Omloop and Kuurne–Brussels–Kuurne on the same weekend.

Re: Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
Baldinger said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Is it just me or has racing become more boring and this every year...
Are you referring to the race right now?

not this race but racing in general. I said this when it seemed like nobody would ride again and the peloton would take the elite group back.

Anyways Wynants is like wine he gets better every year.
The first part of the season has been brilliant the last few years.

Netserk said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Baldinger said:
GenericBoonenFan said:

not this race but racing in general. I said this when it seemed like nobody would ride again and the peloton would take the elite group back.

The first part of the season has been brilliant the last few years.
Yeah and along come sky with their stupid overpaid team in the mountain GT-stages... I can live with the boring flat stages (I never knew anything else) but the sole bit of excitement I saw during GTs has gone in recent years and all because Team Sky is making a mountain stage as exciting as paint drying.

GenericBoonenFan said:
Baldinger said:
GenericBoonenFan said:

Classics seasons recently have been excellent, way better than the start of the decade.