• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, 27 Feb 2011

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
So when are this all dominating Garmin Cervelo classics team racing :D

As a teamskyfan I wouldn't be too euphoric or gloating today.
The REAL races are still coming. ;)

But congrats anyway. You deserve it and finally a working and well timed leadout by Team SKY.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Garmin will get their wins, Farrar did not look great today but I expect Hushovd to give the rainbows a good showing over the next couple of months.

Moondance said:
Let me note that this was exactly the same last year. Sky owned January and February, only to disappear for much of March and April. I even started a thread about it last year.

Sky one every first race they entered.

They won the first race race they ever entered- Councer Classic.

They won the first time trial they entered -ttt oman

They won the first classic they entered - Oomlop

They won the first gt stage they entered - Amsterdam tt

Unforunately, there rarely was a second.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Tuarts said:
Can't remember who but I think at the TDF, someone did a massive turn at the front. May have been someone from the HTC train.

Tony Martin possibly. He's capable of pulling for ages and stopping people coming past.

on3m@n@rmy said:
Nice call by you on about page 38 of the posts... where you mentioned EBH working for Sutton. I wish I had your crystal ball.

lol page 38

sky is looking good this year. but when the real classics start young guys like sutton won't beat the real man. boonen and canc and hushovd could swallow sutton chew it and spit it on a race like PR or the ronde. flecha is the only guy sky has for those races.

garmin will eventually show up. but only on the harder classics imo.

tom boonen seems to be getting some form tho. maybe this year he will dominate again?

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Garmin + Cervelo + Peter Van Petegem =

garmin_cervelo_caymans_2010_421_600.jpg

I'm going to suggest a slighter harsher climate for next year's "training" camp.

Dammit, JV! You're making me look foolish here! :mad: :D

Parrulo said:
lol page 38

sky is looking good this year. but when the real classics start young guys like sutton won't beat the real man. boonen and canc and hushovd could swallow sutton chew it and spit it on a race like PR or the ronde. flecha is the only guy sky has for those races.

tom boonen seems to be getting some form tho. maybe this year he will dominate again?

Yeah, I'd agree on the Sky bit. Tommeke dominate? I think this just might do that.

A

Anonymous

Parrulo said:
lol page 38

Only Flecha is being a bit hard on Eddy Boss, and to an extent Thomas (who has a junior roubaix and 2nd in last years Roubaix stage to his credit) as well as Lofkvist and Uran in the Ardennes.

Yes they arent up there with Boonen, and Cancellara (I think Thor is past his prime) but they are as good as a lot of the others.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Only Flecha is being a bit hard on Eddy Boss, and to an extent Thomas (who has a junior roubaix and 2nd in last years Roubaix stage to his credit) as well as Lofkvist and Uran in the Ardennes.

Yes they arent up there with Boonen, and Cancellara (I think Thor is past his prime) but they are as good as a lot of the others.

Yeah, he won the Worlds while being past his prime.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

I reckon his(Parrulo) statement is very simplistic. A bit difficult to take it too seriously really.
Boasson Hagen is capable, Thomas as you mentioned, And Hayman is a strong rider.

Gilbert is the most dangerous rider for me in the upcoming classics though with Boonen, Cancellara And Flecha.

TeamSkyFans said:

eddy boss and thomas are good but no competition to boonen and canc, and i admit that i may have over done it with hushovd but he is still better then any1 sky has besides flecha ofc. and then there are guys like haussler, maskant(dunno how to type his name) who seems to be back on form, gilbert, pozzato, ballan who also seems to be back, devolder and all this guys who are better then any second second tier guy sky has and some even better then flecha imo.

and about the ardenees uran and lofkvist are good, mostly uran cus he has a huge amount of talent, but they are only second tier contenders compared to the gilbert's, schlecks, vino's, evan's, contador's, valverde's, rodriguez, anton's, di luca's and many others of this world.

p.s. and i would also like to add that even tho i like flecha as a rider i think he is a major threat for p-r ( he is not amoung the top favorites for the ronde imo) unless he gets to the velodrome solo he has very little chance of winning he applauded hushovd (sarcastically ofc) for beating him on the sprint for third last year but the truth is hushovd new he had him beaten so why should he work with him?

Parrulo said:
eddy boss and thomas are good but no competition to boonen and canc, and i admit that i may have over done it with hushovd but he is still better then any1 sky has besides flecha ofc. and then there are guys like haussler, maskant(dunno how to type his name) who seems to be back on form, gilbert, pozzato, ballan who also seems to be back, devolder and all this guys who are better then any second second tier guy sky has and some even better then flecha imo.

and about the ardenees uran and lofkvist are good, mostly uran cus he has a huge amount of talent, but they are only second tier contenders compared to the gilbert's, schlecks, vino's, evan's, contador's, valverde's, rodriguez, anton's, di luca's and many others of this world.

Canc
-
Boonen
-
Flecha
Hushovd
-
Everyone else (EBH & Thomas somewhere in this pack, not at the front)

I think Sky are clearly one of the top 5 cobbled classics teams, to pretend otherwise is just silly.

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Canc
-
Boonen
-
Flecha
Hushovd
-
Everyone else (EBH & Thomas somewhere in this pack, not at the front)

I think Sky are clearly one of the top 5 cobbled classics teams, to pretend otherwise is just silly.
Gilbert is definitely in with Flecha and Hushovd. And based on last season, Leukemans is also close. But Sky is definitely among the best classics teams, a bit early to judge but they certainly were stronger than Garmin this weekend.