• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne, 27 Feb 2011

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
El Pistolero said:
Will Contador ride in the Ardennes classics?

i don't think he will this year cus he plans on doing the giro. i just mentioned his name to make a point

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Canc
-
Boonen
-
Flecha
Hushovd
-
Everyone else (EBH & Thomas somewhere in this pack, not at the front)

I think Sky are clearly one of the top 5 cobbled classics teams, to pretend otherwise is just silly.

you are saying canc is better then boonen based on what happened last year even tho boonen has more P-R victories and more ronde victories. to me they are at the same level.

also i didn't said sky wasn't a strong team i just said that they don't have much chance of winning the 2 cobble classics that really matter. and thats the truth

lol did he just deleted his post?

theyoungest said:
Gilbert is definitely in with Flecha and Hushovd. And based on last season, Leukemans is also close. But Sky is definitely among the best classics teams, a bit early to judge but they certainly were stronger than Garmin this weekend.

Granted (although I'd have Gilbert 5th but still in that tier)

On further reflection I'm not quite so sure Sky are top 5, but they're they're very much there. LeOpArD CRAPBIKES and Quickstep have the 2 best riders, and Garmin appear to have the best depth (although arguably too many sous chefs will spoil the broth), but after that Sky are at least a match for the other semi serious teams - Vacon, BMC, Lotto, the Russians, and I wouldn't be completely surprised if they end the year viewed above Garmin too.

Parrulo said:
i don't think he will this year cus he plans on doing the giro. i just mentioned his name to make a point

you are saying canc is better then boonen based on what happened last year even tho boonen has more P-R victories and more ronde victories. to me they are at the same level.

also i didn't said sky wasn't a strong team i just said that they don't have much chance of winning the 2 cobble classics that really matter. and thats the truth

lol did he just deleted his post?

I reconsidered - thoughts below.

If that's all you're saying, then it's self evident, but it means Garmin have a limited cobbles team too - Frankly I'd take Flecha over Thor as my leader.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm very interested to hear Farrar's remarks.
Just as he saw daylight he got overtaken. The look on his face just after the line seemed to say...something.

I've just watched it a dozen times but it's difficult to tell exactly what happened from that front camera angle.

Hmmm. Curious.

Granville57 said:
I'm very interested to hear Farrar's remarks.
Just as he saw daylight he got overtaken. The look on his face just after the line seemed to say...something.

I've just watched it a dozen times but it's difficult to tell exactly what happened from that front camera angle.

Hmmm. Curious.

Fa- Who :confused:?

Oh :eek:

Oh!. You mean FARRAR :eek:

How is Tyler? I completely forgot he existed with none of the transitions lenses adverts since September.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
cj-sutton-wins-kuurne-watson_2568204.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/cycling

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Fa- Who :confused:?

Oh :eek:

Oh!. You mean FARRAR :eek:

How is Tyler? I completely forgot he existed with none of the transitions lenses adverts since September.

This is the biggest ? i have for this cycling season.
Will Transitions-Tyler be back on eurosport.

Can't wait.:D

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
o rly? :eek:

some1 posted his program on some thread and it didn't had the classics. good to know. tho that makes me wonder. classics+giro+tour(if not suspended)? that didn't work that well for evans last year =/

Yes his schedule didnt show that. he just said it and still not sure about it.

find the link:
http://www.cyclenation.co.za/news/i...dor-not-avoiding-foreign-races-says-spokesman

Contador began his season in Portugal last week at the Volta ao Algarve and will now return to home roads in Spain for his next three races. In previous seasons, Paris-Nice has been a fixture in Contador's early build-up, but this time around the Tour of Murcia (March 4-6), the Volta a Catalunya (March 21-27) and the Vuelta a Castilla y Leon (April 13-17) are next on the agenda. It is understood that Contador may then take part in one of the Ardennes Classics in preparation for the Giro d’Italia.

I tuned in with 25km to go and it took me 5 secs to realize it would turn out to be a bunch sprint. Dissapointing, but there were a lot of teams with good sprinters which never helps.

I'm happy Sutton (Sky) took it, because Sky allready had a load of top5s and in every race they show themselves. I'm starting to like that team.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Granville - it would seem appearances can be deceptive.

Tyler says he took the wrong line and Sutton did nothing wrong as far as he is concerned.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
20 days in and your making avatar bets for life. Whew. What a gambler;) That must have been funny "Stannard" lol.

I think if Stannard won that your best option would have been to just start afresh with a new username :p

I guess I'm quite the gambler :cool:

TRENDING THREADS