• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LA fleche wallone thread

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Or you didn't see today's race? It was 3 degrees today too and a strong wind instead of a weak one.

But no, I didn't watch that race, I'm just saying the weather was quite shitty today and based on what you've written, it wasn't worse back then.

Of course it cleared up a bit today so the final 30 kilometres weren't as brutal as the preceding 60.

Well, yes, that the whole point, the weather cleared up today towards the end while it did not in 1999 (arguably it got worse as race went on).

Reactions: QueenStagiaire
Reactions: Escarabajo
All the big power teams on the podium ;)

Seems pretty extreme. But actually I've thought about this scenario since I first noticed him at close range in a youth class licenced race; immediate thoughts were that this guy must have extremely low fat percentage and that it must hit him hard on a day when the weather is not exactly a gift for him.
Also, seems not the optimal choice of clothing for these conditions tbh. Full gloves, longer / different trousers and an additional thermo vest maybe could have saved him from this. Hope he recovers fast.

As a Norwegian, seeing this weather characterized as 'dantesque' makes me quite jealous of what you non-Arctic people see as normal. :sweatsmile: This was a pretty average day in Norway for about 8 out of the 12 months of the year. No wonder Uno-X had all their guys in the front group, I guess.
Folks who have the Sun up all day for months complain about the weather