Lance Armstrong - An exercise in corruption.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
Polish said:
I do wish Lance/Bruyneel brought Floyd onto RadioShack. It would have been better for Floyd.

But Floyd would have come clean regardless. And coming clean in 2012 would not be any better for Lance/Bruyneel than 2010. Probably worse. Lance and Johan dodged a bullet.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Polish said:
I do wish Lance/Bruyneel brought Floyd onto RadioShack. It would have been better for Lance, Johan, Ferrari, Del Moral, , George, DZ, Tyler, McQuaid, Verbruggen, Livestrong, Nike, Trek, Oakley et., al. (but worse for cycling).

But Lance should have come clean regardless. And coming clean in 2012 would not be any better for Lance/Bruyneel than 2010. Probably worse. Lance and Johan thought they dodged a bullet.
Fixed it for you.
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
Katy in the Keys said:
Pay the toll or have faith. Too bad you do not have faith. I pray for you.
I see that Livestrong hired some GCB interns this summer.

Bless yer little hearts, y'allz!
 
Oct 25, 2010
3,049
2
0
Maybe someone will hire Lance, Floyd, Tyler, George, etc for a super masters team. Leogrande can hook 'em up.
 
Jul 23, 2010
1,695
0
0
sniper said:
Looking at the chart makes me wonder even more why he decided to return to cycling in 2009.
With so much at stake.
He must have been pretty sure no anti-doping body was going to go after him.
The UCI's assurance that they would let him and Astana do their thing must have been very explicit and very reassuring to LA. Else I don't see why he would take any unnecessary risks.
He didn't want Contador erasing his record. In one fell swoop of 7 straight years he obliterated 5 cyclists' records. He couldn't settle at 6 even. Contador had 3 Tours in the bag already and under Johan Bruyneel the sky would be the limit. He came back for an 8th so as to move the goalpost around for Alberto; the goalpost was also helped a further few feet by Contador's wins going from 3 down to 2.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. :)
 
Microchip said:
He didn't want Contador erasing his record. In one fell swoop of 7 straight years he obliterated 5 cyclists' records. He couldn't settle at 6 even. Contador had 3 Tours in the bag already and under Johan Bruyneel the sky would be the limit. He came back for an 8th so as to move the goalpost around for Alberto; the goalpost was also helped a further few feet by Contador's wins going from 3 down to 2.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. :)
Alberto had 1 Tour in the bag.
 
Jul 23, 2010
1,695
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto had 1 Tour in the bag.
:D Yes.

The 2007 Tour, and he'd won 2 Grand Tours in 1 year alone. And there was alot of buzz about him being one of the few in history who could very well win 3 GTs in one year. At the rate Alberto was going and with Bruyneel in charge, Armstrong was threatened by his potential. If he was permitted to keep his results, all now he would have been up to 6 Grand Tours in just 5 years. Armstrong saw his record fading fast.
 
Microchip said:
:D Yes.

The 2007 Tour, and he'd won 2 Grand Tours in 1 year alone. And there was alot of buzz about him being one of the few in history who could very well win 3 GTs in one year. At the rate Alberto was going and with Bruyneel in charge, Armstrong was threatened by his potential. If he was permitted to keep his results, all now he would have been up to 6 Grand Tours in just 5 years. Armstrong saw his record fading fast.
Oh I'm sorry I thought you meant 3 tour de france.

But anyway Lance's record is seven tour de france not 7 grand tour.
 
Jul 23, 2010
1,695
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Oh I'm sorry I thought you meant 3 tour de france.

But anyway Lance's record is seven tour de france not 7 grand tour.
Yes, I know Lance's record is 7 TDFs. I was referring to Contador's potential. What he was going to do in the future - which would be to eclipse him.
 
Race Radio said:
Floyd no doubt was a big deal but there are two other people who have done as much but their contribution is not public.

Can't wait for their books :D
Have you started your own book? I am interested in reading about the harassment you must have been subject to over the past few years.
 
Anything Alberto hasn't, or won't achieve isn't due to Armstrong.

It is due to the fact he got stone cold busted for Clen. The tainted meat defense only worked in his home country, as it always does in Spain.

Alberto and Brunyeel did it to themselves, Armstrong didn't need to do anything to ensure that would happen.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
zigmeister said:
Anything Alberto hasn't, or won't achieve isn't due to Armstrong.

It is due to the fact he got stone cold busted for Clen. The tainted meat defense only worked in his home country, as it always does in Spain.

Alberto and Brunyeel did it to themselves, Armstrong didn't need to do anything to ensure that would happen.
Too bad Alberto didn't have Pat in his pocket. Like LA did.
 
zigmeister said:
Anything Alberto hasn't, or won't achieve isn't due to Armstrong.

It is due to the fact he got stone cold busted for Clen. The tainted meat defense only worked in his home country, as it always does in Spain.

Alberto and Brunyeel did it to themselves, Armstrong didn't need to do anything to ensure that would happen.
do you read spanish forums?
 
zigmeister said:
Anything Alberto hasn't, or won't achieve isn't due to Armstrong.

It is due to the fact he got stone cold busted for Clen. The tainted meat defense only worked in his home country, as it always does in Spain.

Alberto and Brunyeel did it to themselves, Armstrong didn't need to do anything to ensure that would happen.
So Contador with 2 atoms of Clen is "stone cold busted" while any effort by USADA to pry the cover off of the biggest scam in sports history is just a witch hunt. Glad to see you are keeping an open mind there, champ.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
Hugh Januss said:
So Contador with 2 atoms of Clen is "stone cold busted" while any effort by USADA to pry the cover off of the biggest scam in sports history is just a witch hunt. Glad to see you are keeping an open mind there, champ.
Here is the letter you meant to type -> u
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
masking_agent The Clinic 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY