• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Armstrong - An exercise in corruption.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Cobber said:
ha ha... I can't watch them. I lasted 15 mins on SBS's telecast before I had to switch over to an internet stream. I might watch them the day after Lance goes down, if and when he does, just to see them struggle to find something to talk about.

Do you think they are ad-libbing, or reading off of the supplied material?

Comparing Evans to Lance in a prologue? The last time Prance was credited with a prologue win was 2002.

Funny!

Dave.

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Oldman said:
The commentary during today's prologue was beyond comical. The comparison by Sherwen of Evan's cadence to Lance was unreal, though. These guys don't miss an opportunity to lap at the scrap bowl...

Yes, I laughed at that too. Of course, LA invented high cadence. :rolleyes: Unfortunately we're not getting the Eurosport coverage in Australia and so have to watch SBS and listen to Dumb and Dumber.

I found it an odd statement for them to be making, but it seemed off the cuff more than anything else. Still, I'd rather listen to the pair of them than try and decipher the crap Sean Kelly comes out with.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
Cavalier said:
I found it an odd statement for them to be making, but it seemed off the cuff more than anything else. Still, I'd rather listen to the pair of them than try and decipher the crap Sean Kelly comes out with.

You need to be fairly bright and alert to follow what Kelly is saying, just like he had to be to be on top of the rankings for three straight years!!