• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Lance Refuses to give Blood Sample to USADA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
3,853
0
0
Visit site
It happened last Thursday according to Lance's tweet:

QUOTE:

"Glad to see USADA brought the rank amateurs to do the blood draw.
Arms look like a junkie now and they didn't get their sample. Lame."
7:20 AM Oct 22nd from UberTwitter

Lance has now developed a Coagulation Factor high enough to
foil the testers??

Or maybe his Buddhist Monk suspended animation training is
starting to pay off??

Then he blames it on the USADA - classic diversionary move!

He cannot fool me, however!!

confessions.jpg
 
I can't think of anything positive to say about Twitter. Is its sole purpose to feed the ego's of those that need it? Who cares what the hell is going on at every moment of someone's life and what the hell makes them think that they are so important that anyone cares? Rant over. I feel better now.:)
 
Polish said:
"Glad to see USADA brought the rank amateurs to do the blood draw.
Arms look like a junkie now and they didn't get their sample. Lame."
7:20 AM Oct 22nd from UberTwitter

He cannot fool me, however!!

No problem, mate. At least one of Armstrong's soigneurs have assured us that he is quite experienced with the use of make-up to hide injection marks.
 
Jun 19, 2009
5,220
0
0
Visit site
Angliru said:
I can't think of anything positive to say about Twitter. Is its sole purpose to feed the ego's of those that need it? Who cares what the hell is going on at every moment of someone's life and what the hell makes them think that they are so important that anyone cares? Rant over. I feel better now.:)
+1111!!!!

I don't. I hate to side with Mily Cyrus aka Hanna Montana-people need to live their life. Posting to this site is bad enough...
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
Polish said:
It happened last Thursday according to Lance's tweet:

QUOTE:

"Glad to see USADA brought the rank amateurs to do the blood draw.
Arms look like a junkie now and they didn't get their sample. Lame."
7:20 AM Oct 22nd from UberTwitter

Lance has now developed a Coagulation Factor high enough to
foil the testers??

Or maybe his Buddhist Monk suspended animation training is
starting to pay off??

Then he blames it on the USADA - classic diversionary move!

He cannot fool me, however!!

confessions.jpg

He didn't "refuse" to give a blood sample to the testers.

The testers tried on both arms to get a sample but ultimately they failed.

The USADA should hire Jose Arenas the old soigneur to USPS - he was much admired for his skill with a needle.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
I have a really good friend who is a recovering junkie who had this problem. It might not be the phlebotomist's fault, it very well could be because the veins are all used up. My friend ended up having to shoot up in the vein in his penis at points. I worked in the treatment center he had been admitted to when he got clean for the last time, and the nurse who admitted him said when he came in, it was the only time she ever let a patient start an IV because she tired for about 15 minutes and couldn't do it. He told her he could do it, and she let him.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
so am i to assume that he DIDNT refuse and this thread is a pile of fish?
 
Jul 23, 2009
2,891
1
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
so am i to assume that he DIDNT refuse and this thread is a pile of fish?

Well if he had refused, Patty Mac would have stifled any outcry by now.

I've seen a junkie who had to get a shunt installed under his clavicle to get meds mainlined into his heart due to all the veins being (don't know the medical term) too f**ked up to insert a needle. Maybe LA's veins are just tough to hit.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
BroDeal said:
Nope. He has taken so much blood out to put into storage for next year that there is none left for a sample. It's like squeezing blood from a turnip.

well surely if hes short, couldnt he just use someone else's, or does it not work like that...

i thought thats why they have blood donors, for people who where short (of blood, not in stature.. im not suggesting that lance is one of the little people)
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
well surely if hes short, couldnt he just use someone else's, or does it not work like that...

i thought thats why they have blood donors, for people who where short (of blood, not in stature.. im not suggesting that lance is one of the little people)
Damit Dim - you must be hanging out too often in the General Forum.

Homologous transfusion - tranfusing someone elses blood- is detectable.
Autologous transfusion - transfusing your own blood - is as yet undetectable ;)
 
Dr. Maserati said:
Damit Dim - you must be hanging out too often in the General Forum.

Homologous transfusion - tranfusing someone elses blood- is detectable.
Autologous transfusion - transfusing your own blood - is as yet undetectable ;)

He must have been very ill so surely he could get a TUE for low haemoglobin allowing a homologous transfusion!
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Ferminal said:
He must have been very ill so surely he could get a TUE for low haemoglobin allowing a homologous transfusion!

i agree.. surely if hes that short of blood they cant get any out with multiple *** he should be allowed someone elses for now until hes better... :D

yeay.. we are allowed to say ***....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.