• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance v. Lemond - Lemond comes clean?

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
“We will have the opportunity to tell the truth to the authorities, and Greg LeMond will tell the truth about 1989 I hope,” - Lance
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/news/greg-lemond-says-proble-could-end-lance-armstrong_129823

I love it! Lance fighting fire with fire! I have never really been a fan of Lance but the more LeMond talks, the more I want him to go away! Whatever Lances failings are - Greg is proving to be among the most bitter people I have ever heard. He has little room for anyone on the stage except himself... I reflect back to how he chased down his own teammate down, Jonathan Boyer in the 1982 Worlds. Thats seems to sum up what Greg is all about - Greg.

TahoeNL said:
“We will have the opportunity to tell the truth to the authorities, and Greg LeMond will tell the truth about 1989 I hope,” - Lance
http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/news/greg-lemond-says-proble-could-end-lance-armstrong_129823

I love it! Lance fighting fire with fire! I have never really been a fan of Lance but the more LeMond talks, the more I want him to go away! Whatever Lances failings are - Greg is proving to be among the most bitter people I have ever heard. He has little room for anyone on the stage except himself... I reflect back to how he chased down his own teammate down, Jonathan Boyer in the 1982 Worlds. Thats seems to sum up what Greg is all about - Greg.

Lance paid you to write that. :cool:

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
This is not going to end well. To the original poster: LeMond > Armstrong, around these parts. No matter what really happened to what and when.

scribe said:
This is not going to end well. To the original poster: LeMond > Armstrong, around these parts. No matter what really happened to what and when.

What happened? You have evidence Lemond doped? You'd be the first. Please, break the story!

The OP's agenda is clear. It is simply the next wave of the defense. What a sick joke Armstrong is.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
What happened? You have evidence Lemond doped? You'd be the first. Please, break the story!

What happened? LeMond is the greatest American cyclist ever. (that felt good to get that off my chest)

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
TahoeNL said:

hahahahahahaha
best troll post ever.

:D

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
lemond was never doped for christ sake. epo didn't start until 1992. and that was exactly when lemond and the colombians started to seriously fade away in the peloton and nobody's like ugrumov, bobrik and riis started to become climbers.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
lemond was never doped for christ sake. epo didn't start until 1992. and that was exactly when lemond and the colombians started to seriously fade away in the peloton and nobody's like ugrumov, bobrik and riis started to become climbers.

Cause only people who use EPO are doping right?

I'm not saying Lemond doped, and I never will say it because there's simple no proof, but just because EPO wasn't used in his time doesn't mean he didn't take other doping products.

Ryo Hazuki said:

epo yes,doping dates back to ??? (insert your thoughts),fausto coppi admited doping so its more like and old habit isnt it

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:

I'm not saying Lemond doped, and I never will say it because there's simple no proof, but just because EPO wasn't used in his time doesn't mean he didn't take other doping products.

who cares seriously the only doping that matters is epo. just look at the ridiculous change in the cycling landscape around 1992 when epo was introduced. this was before the 50% hematocrite rule so guys like riis rode with blood thicker than jelly.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:

+1.....umm blood transfusions are at the heart of the Flandis investigation too for example, and there are many others.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
El Pistolero said:

But he inconveniently stopped using "them" as EPO use was rising, therefore ruining the end of his career?
Dumb, dumb Lemond :p

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
altark123 said:
+1.....umm blood transfusions are at the heart of the Flandis investigation too for example, and there are many others.

you do know that bloodtransfusions before even the 90s was like playing with your life right?? ever wondered why no cyclist ever or any sportsman was ever caught or admitted to doing that previous to the 2000s??

and besides if lemond was doped in the 80s then why didn't he go with the new doping epo in early 90s?? because he wanted to suck??

nia O'Malley said:
But he inconveniently stopped using "them" as EPO use was rising, therefore ruining the end of his career?
Dumb, dumb Lemond :p
To be fair, the perceived health risk of using EPO was high when it was first introduced. A rider could be willing to take some PEDs but shy away from EPO due to health concerns.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
you do know that bloodtransfusions before even the 90s was like playing with your life right?? ever wondered why no cyclist ever or any sportsman was ever caught or admitted to doing that previous to the 2000s??

and besides if lemond was doped in the 80s then why didn't he go with the new doping epo in early 90s?? because he wanted to suck??

Or he was simply too old to even compete on an equal basis even with EPO? And that hunting accident probably did some permanent harm as well, although that's just my assumption.

Look at the story of Tom Simpson. They doped with all kinds of stuff and it did help them ride better.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
To be fair, the perceived health risk of using EPO was high when it was first introduced. A rider could be willing to take some PEDs but shy away from EPO due to health concerns.

and how many riders exactly died or got seriously injured around 1992 from these risks??

TRENDING THREADS