• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lance Who?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Mr. Troll Radio, please tell us:
Have you got other things left in your vocabulary and mind than Armstrong, trolls, miracles, unicorns and BPC ?

Doesn't seem so. Time for a break.

.......says the guys who only posts about his mancrush.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Race Radio said:
.......says the guys who only posts about his mancrush.

Besides you are not correct, no problem for me either. I can do that since I have the fanboy-troll brand and don't care.
But see, you are the golden posterboy of this forum, serious 100 %, with huge, huge insider knowledge of everything.

Don't damage your virtual standing and reputation, troll radio ! Time for a break.
Otherwise it could come into minds that you are just another...

....troll :D

It's unfortunate that we have to discuss Armstrong over and over and over again. Let the federal investigators deal with him and whatever happens, happens. There many, many other talented cyclists who we should be talking about. Yes there is widespread doping in professional cycling, you would have to be a newbie or very ignorant not to see that, but at this point we have to look beyond that. I certainly agree that Armstrong has repeatedly lied, bullied, and manipulated his way to the success he has garnered on and off the bike and it is obvious that people are catching on, but it is also obvious that his loyal (most are Americans) fans will still be there, no matter what. What we (doesn't matter which side you are on), have to look past that and realize that there are many different, and wonderful things we can be talking about. I hope Armstrong just goes away sooner rather than later so we can discuss better things. He will probably get what's coming to him, most of these arrogant and manipulative pro athletes have before him, so I am confident something good will come out of the investigation!

I think its all relative, the amount of discussion on Armstrong reflects his position within the sport. Lets be honest, Armstrong casts a huge shadow over the sport over the last decade so its only natural. Compare this to everyday life, who do people want to see go down more, the petty criminals on the street or the corrupt bigwigs who fleece people for millions. Surely that is human nature.

Most intelligent people had figured out years ago that Armstrong was doped to the gills and therefore a fraud, but years of listening to the same 'fawning hero BS' from stupid media and fans just increases the sense of frustration'. If there wasnt so much attention devoted to Armstrong there wouldnt be as much indignation towards him. This has nothing to do with nationalism as someone suggested, total BS. We now know its more than likely that Armstrong was busted as early as 2001 but bought of the UCI, the corrupt governing body. If that doesnt get people ****ed, the I dont know what would.

When Indurain won his 5th Tour to equal the other giants, Cycle Sport devoted an issue to all the 5 times winners. When Armstrong did the same, I think an entire issue was devoted to him, see the difference. When he announced his comeback, ProCycling decided to rehash all his Tour victories as if they had happened 20-30 years ago not the last decade. In the 20 years of following the sport, I have seen the coverage of the sport going from balanced to totally one dimensional and all the time, you are saying the guy is a fraud for ****s sake.

In real terms, it can be viewed as another part of the dumbing down of society in which people feed of small snippets of highly packaged second-hand info instead of finding out more for themselves. Armstrong was the perfect X-factor style star.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
I think its all relative, the amount of discussion on Armstrong reflects his position within the sport. Lets be honest, Armstrong casts a huge shadow over the sport over the last decade so its only natural. Compare this to everyday life, who do people want to see go down more, the petty criminals on the street or the corrupt bigwigs who fleece people for millions. Surely that is human nature.

Most intelligent people had figured out years ago that Armstrong was doped to the gills and therefore a fraud, but years of listening to the same 'fawning hero BS' from stupid media and fans just increases the sense of frustration'. If there wasnt so much attention devoted to Armstrong there wouldnt be as much indignation towards him. This has nothing to do with nationalism as someone suggested, total BS. We now know its more than likely that Armstrong was busted as early as 2001 but bought of the UCI, the corrupt governing body. If that doesnt get people ****ed, the I dont know what would.

When Indurain won his 5th Tour to equal the other giants, Cycle Sport devoted an issue to all the 5 times winners. When Armstrong did the same, I think an entire issue was devoted to him, see the difference. When he announced his comeback, ProCycling decided to rehash all his Tour victories as if they had happened 20-30 years ago not the last decade. In the 20 years of following the sport, I have seen the coverage of the sport going from balanced to totally one dimensional and all the time, you are saying the guy is a fraud for ****s sake.

In real terms, it can be viewed as another part of the dumbing down of society in which people feed of small snippets of highly packaged second-hand info instead of finding out more for themselves. Armstrong was the perfect X-factor style star.

Lance is an all out champion. I have all his magazines, he is a really, really, super guy! More written about him the better. I especially liked his C-1 initiative for finding cure for cancer. That makes a lot of sense, like the Thomas Crowne affair!

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
Allright if you guys cannot behave from this moment onwards, this thread has ran its course

I think this thread had run its course when 'Andy1234' hit the submit button.

A better question is would posters like Speedway, Flicker, BPC/Billirubin/Dettol post here if it there was no Lance.

If Andy was asking a legitimate question or interested in genuine debate he could have addressed that by asking himself that question.
Given his posting history it would be easy to conclude, no they would not.

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
Besides you are not correct, no problem for me either. I can do that since I have the fanboy-troll brand and don't care.
But see, you are the golden posterboy of this forum, serious 100 %, with huge, huge insider knowledge of everything.

Don't damage your virtual standing and reputation, troll radio ! Time for a break.
Otherwise it could come into minds that you are just another...

....troll :D

Try reading this post in the voice of Dr Evil from the Austin Powers movies - it's quite funny!

Sorry, Cobblestoned, I'm not making fun of your English or suggesting you sound Belgian. Just the big gap between "just another" and "troll" immediately brought to my mind the way Dr Evil talks.

Andy1234: to answer your original questions.

Would the Clinic even exist?

Probably, doping is still with us.

Would the same number of anti doping posters exist?

Probably not.

Dr. Maserati said:
I think this thread had run its course when 'Andy1234' hit the submit button.

A better question is would posters like Speedway, Flicker, BPC/Billirubin/Dettol post here if it there was no Lance.

If Andy was asking a legitimate question or interested in genuine debate he could have addressed that by asking himself that question.
Given his posting history it would be easy to conclude, no they would not.

Dr M, get off your high horse.
It's interesting how threatened both the pro and anti Lance brigade get, even when there was no intention by me to do so. It's a straightforward question that has been interpreted wrongly, by you and others.

To address your evidence of my post history
My first post about why people dislike Armstrong - dumb first post
My post about why there are so many trolls - I stand by it entirely. In fact the reaction to this post just backs it up.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
andy1234 said:
Dr M, get off your high horse.
It's interesting how threatened both the pro and anti Lance brigade get, even when there was no intention by me to do so. It's a straightforward question that has been interpreted wrongly, by you and others.

To address your evidence of my post history
My first post about why people dislike Armstrong - dumb first post
My post about why there are so many trolls - I stand by it entirely. In fact the reaction to this post just backs it up.
Threatened? Why would I feel threatened? You are the one taking an adverse reaction.

But that is because I have pointed out the hypocricy of your posts.
The vast majority of which are in Lance related threads - so you are not interested in the doping topic, which is what the Clinic is about.

You are another poster who is only interested in LA - so if it was a case of "Lance who?" you would not be here.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
AngusW said:
Try reading this post in the voice of Dr Evil from the Austin Powers movies - it's quite funny!

Sorry, Cobblestoned, I'm not making fun of your English or suggesting you sound Belgian. Just the big gap between "just another" and "troll" immediately brought to my mind the way Dr Evil talks.

Andy1234: to answer your original questions.

Would the Clinic even exist?

Probably, doping is still with us.

Would the same number of anti doping posters exist?

Probably not.

Of course you can make fun of my Englisch, if you give me some hints for correction at the same time. :)

Next time i use these guys
pleasantry.gif
troll
pleasantry.gif
, to make it look more evil.

So you answer "probably Yes" and " probably No". Sounds good. Good compromise.

flicker said:
The yellow bracelet is a loop of beauty a continuence of life after death and the endless cycle of rebirth. In otherwords whwn I glue myClement Criterium Setas to set track records
Unfortunatly when the haters disrupt this cycle with their negative minus life message I have flashbackss of the Church of the Sub-Genius. anti-matter and reverend Bob Dobbs rhetoric.

Dude, you really need to eliminate the hallucinogenic mushrooms from your diet! :confused:

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Angliru said:
Dude, you really need to eliminate the hallucinogenic mushrooms from your diet! :confused:

I actually recommend MORE!

And I say that as someone who loves what Flicker writes the more *** it gets.

Bring on the unicorns and rainbows!

Someone's got to be amusing (rather than self-important) on this forum.

Maxiton said:
I guess we got a little sidetracked, huh? How did that happen? :) Your original question is an interesting one. If Lance had spent the aughts swimming and cycling and running in Hawaii, what would we be talking about now?

I think the Americans would be saying, "LeMond is the only one who won it clean." And the Europeans would be extolling, as they already do, the athletic virtues of Pantani or Ulrich and whoever came next, and replying, "Clean? What are you talking about?" But the thing is, and I think it's key, the Euro Tour champion would have had respect enough, or sense enough, to stop at five consecutive wins. Six was rubbing their faces in it. And seven was just asking for trouble.

In other words, without the seven consecutive wins of the overbearing American, Armstrong, the anti-doping impetus would probably be less right now. But who really knows for sure?

Indurain was going for his sixth when Riis surprised him with his victory.

Regarding Armstrong, I don't think it was the seven wins but his very narrow focus on just the Tour, accompanied by the repeated mantra of "I'm training for the Tour" and/or "The Tour is all that matters" whenever his performance in other events didn't meet with expectations: his own and the public's.

Now his return to the sport in 2009 was the real attempt to "rub it in the faces" of all he felt were not on his side. One statement in particular that he made prior his first training camp with Astana in which he implied that he was returning to save the sport and the Tour was really delusional. That certainly added flame to the fire.

Dr. Maserati said:
Threatened? Why would I feel threatened? You are the one taking an adverse reaction.

But that is because I have pointed out the hypocricy of your posts.
The vast majority of which are in Lance related threads - so you are not interested in the doping topic, which is what the Clinic is about.

You are another poster who is only interested in LA - so if it was a case of "Lance who?" you would not be here.

I'm not as interested in Armstrong as much as peoples reaction to him.
That is the motivation for most of my posts.

If another rider provoked the same emotion, I would be interested in them, but there isn't.

If people don't like my suggestion that the clinic exists primarily because of Armstrongs legacy it is understandable. The paradox of investing so much energy into someone that they have no respect for must be confusing. It's much easier for certain individuals to believe they have loftier motives for being here.

The proof of the pudding will be if Armstrong goes down.
Will there be so much action around here when the dust has settled?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
andy1234 said:

If another rider provoked the same emotion, I would be interested in them, but there isn't.

If people don't like my suggestion that the clinic exists primarily because of Armstrongs legacy it is understandable. The paradox of investing so much energy into someone that they have no respect for must be confusing. It's much easier for certain individuals to believe they have loftier motives for being here.

That dust will not settle for a long, long time.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
andy1234 said:

No - you are only interested in Armstrong. The reason I don't like your suggestion is because it is untrue.

All riders provoke the same reaction, all riders have fans that will feel let down and try to defend them. Valverde, Contador even Zirbel have had people here defending them.

There is plenty of discussion here on different riders and diverse topics, but as you never visit those threads or contribute to anything that isn't almost soley related to LA you would not know.

Dr. Maserati said:
No - you are only interested in Armstrong. The reason I don't like your suggestion is because it is untrue.

All riders provoke the same reaction, all riders have fans that will feel let down and try to defend them. Valverde, Contador even Zirbel have had people here defending them.

There is plenty of discussion here on different riders and diverse topics, but as you never visit those threads or contribute to anything that isn't almost soley related to LA you would not know.

"All riders provoke the same reaction" :eek:

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
Lance is an all out champion. I have all his magazines, he is a really, really, super guy! More written about him the better. I especially liked his C-1 initiative for finding cure for cancer. That makes a lot of sense, like the Thomas Crowne affair!

fliggar, since people care so much about our mental health - some other serious issues.

Do have these problems with this pastic bag, too ?

I mean, I have my right hand vacuumed in this freeze bag and it's gettin more and more a problem. How do YOU handle that ?
Didn't wash my hand and put it directly into this freeze bag, when I touched Lance the last time. Was at the 2004 TdF I think.
You know, all this itching and scratching and this fingernail-issue. I am afraid that the nails cut the bag one day.

So, any counsels ?
Failed to touch him in 2009 + 2010 and refresh the bag. He was too fast.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Curiousness to if my lord has illegitimate offspring.

Also does my lords father have any other children? Oh yeah I know there is that silly rumor that my lord Armstrong was spawned by Gunderson. I know that couldn't be true as Lance was conceived by immaculate conception.
I know that becaUSE OF LANCES' ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
fliggar, since people care so much about our mental health - some other serious issues.

Do have these problems with this pastic bag, too ?

I mean, I have my right hand vacuumed in this freeze bag and it's gettin more and more a problem. How do YOU handle that ?
Didn't wash my hand and put it directly into this freeze bag, when I touched Lance the last time. Was at the 2004 TdF I think.
You know, all this itching and scratching and this fingernail-issue. I am afraid that the nails cut the bag one day.

So, any counsels ?
Failed to touch him in 2009 + 2010 and refresh the bag. He was too fast.
can someone help me to figure this load of nonsensical ranting ? freeze bags ? touched ? scratching ?

or was this another moronic waste of the bandwidth ?

TRENDING THREADS