• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis absolutely OWNS Verbruggen

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Gold. Anyone who is a nuisance to Verdruggen gets props in my book. I sincerely hope this investigation brings him and McQuiad down.

I think teh proper term, in Intraweb parlance is "PWND".

Landis hands him his hat. Bravo Landis. Bravo.

What, what could possibly have made Hein send that first email? Wow.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:

I was thinking that to, there's no possible gain for him in engaging Landis, it's just dumb.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
"You certainly have lived longer and seen much more corruption than I, so I'll take what you say with that in mind"

Holy LOL tears, Batman!

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
You guys missed the fact that at the time of the email exchange (June 5th) a Grand Jury had already convened. A month and a half ago! Very interesting and it makes me wonder who has already given testimony. Why have we heard about the grand jury now as opposed to when it convened? Curious.

John Swanson

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:

If you asked the Hog, he would tell you Hein drinks too much :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The top News story is "Verbruggen labels Landis a nuisance" accompanied by this photo?

verbruggen_70.jpg

If I wasn't so sure the TdF is going on right now, I'd swear it was April 1st on the CN Homepage!

Landis is out there LHAO along with the rest of us. Hein - not so much

May 8, 2009
Visit site
It is funny how we can all read the same thing and view it so differently. I hardly see the exchange as a win for either individual. They both come across as childish.

I do think HV correctly called out Landis for his "victim" mentality in this statement of Landis: "I did see it and I do get satisfaction from seeing others made happy. My life could have been focused on that had you done your job (honestly) before I ever had the opportunity to wear a yellow jersey." Huh? Is he really blaming HV for his decision to dope his way to a TDF win? Both men need to grow up.

It sure is entertaining though.

JayZee said:
It is funny how we can all read the same thing and view it so differently. I hardly see the exchange as a win for either individual. They both come across as childish.

I do think HV correctly called out Landis for his "victim" mentality in this statement of Landis: "I did see it and I do get satisfaction from seeing others made happy. My life could have been focused on that had you done your job (honestly) before I ever had the opportunity to wear a yellow jersey." Huh? Is he really blaming HV for his decision to dope his way to a TDF win? Both men need to grow up.

No. He's suggesting that if HV had popped Lance for the allegedly failed test in 2001 instead of accepting a payoff (allegedly $25,000), then history probably follows a different path. At least that's how I interpret that statement.

JayZee said:

No, he's obviously blaming HV for creating (or at least facilitating) an environment where a rider HAS to dope in order to win the TDF.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
ScienceIsCool said:
You guys missed the fact that at the time of the email exchange (June 5th) a Grand Jury had already convened. A month and a half ago! Very interesting and it makes me wonder who has already given testimony. Why have we heard about the grand jury now as opposed to when it convened? Curious.

John Swanson

I noticed that too. They have been at it for a while, apparently.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah la is at best a lying egomaniac at worst a true sociopath. flandis is even worse he is a lying rat ******* can no one see this? how can you respect such a man shows on your morality. your la hatred blinds you to flandis and his actions in general wtf is wrong with you people?:confused: they are both bad people yet because you hate one more your blind to the severe wrongdoings of the other. at least la is not a rat as of yet unlike flandis its disgusting how were some of you raised to believe that floyd's actions are in any way shape or form acceptable.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
forty four said:
yeah la is at best a lying egomaniac at worst a true sociopath. flandis is even worse he is a lying rat ******* can no one see this? how can you respect such a man shows on your morality. your la hatred blinds you to flandis and his actions in general wtf is wrong with you people?:confused: they are both bad people yet because you hate one more your blind to the severe wrongdoings of the other. at least la is not a rat as of yet unlike flandis its disgusting how were some of you raised to believe that floyd's actions are in any way shape or form acceptable.

I myself would only hope that Armstrong would rat. You might not know it, but most people on this site are against omerta and would like to see more riders rat other people out, as that is probably the only way we'll get a reasonably clean sport

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:

But he's a hilarious lying rat ******. :p

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The yellow jersey is for making a nuisance of yourself. However, less well known is the green jersey in which points are awarded for making a fool of yourself in front of the press. Lim was the early leader, followed by MacQuaid, but this is expected to be hotly contested. Of course, all cycling fans will know that the jersey for the overall prize is actually a stripey number nicknamed the "prisoner". Current favourites include Bruyneel.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
riobonito92 said:
The yellow jersey is for making a nuisance of yourself. However, less well known is the green jersey in which points are awarded for making a fool of yourself in front of the press. Lim was the early leader, followed by MacQuaid, but this is expected to be hotly contested. Of course, all cycling fans will know that the jersey for the overall prize is actually a stripey number nicknamed the "prisoner". Current favourites include Bruyneel.

You think Bruyneel would go to the US if they want to indict him, no way. He'll stay nice and safe in Europe, where the big bad FDA-man can't touch him

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
You think Bruyneel would go to the US if they want to indict him, no way. He'll stay nice and safe in Europe, where the big bad FDA-man can't touch him

Interpol might bring him for a nice holiday...:rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS