• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis to Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I thought Rock had lost some of their sponsorship money and were going to let some of the riders go. Doesn't seem like a good move for Floyd. More following in Tyler's footsteps.

So will Team Ouch continue to exist, just without Floyd? I thought Floyd was involved with the sponsors, formation of the team, etc.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Well, his results will probably improve "back to normal" next year. :rolleyes:

Isn't Leogrande back next year too?

There goes speculation that Floyd would go to the Shack. And it also means Rock probably won't fold, just yet anyway.
Floyd to Shack was never gonna happen. Damaged goods.

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Ah, I guess I just didn't read the article very closely. Thanks for clearing that up Craig.

Do you know how he did off the top of your head?

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Andrichuk said:
Ah, I guess I just didn't read the article very closely. Thanks for clearing that up Craig.

Do you know how he did off the top of your head?

Hasnt started yet. My prediction......Shitsandwich. Its a hard, cold and very windy tour Flandis is toast.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Rock Racing has a cool international squad...If a rider has a family member or friend where he can crash on their sofa they can do the race, Landis will be able to race in San Diego or anywhere in PA. Rock racing is a joke, not as bad a joke as Ouch. Floyd should go work in a cabinet shop with the Amish, If it turns out he is a drunk then he should be room mates with Gerlach. I hope Phinney can hurry up and save this sinking, stinking, cycling boat.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I didn't know Ball had scrounged up some more money. We'll see how long it lasts before they start not paying riders again.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
Thanks for the info. I didn't know Ball had scrounged up some more money. We'll see how long it lasts before they start not paying riders again.

These guys should team up with Astana and call the team Astana Balls.

Heart Breaker

When I was in my early 20's, the boxer Mike Tyson was the second coming, and then he frittered it all away. My heart was broken.

My feelings towards Floyd are similar. Part of me dreams that he can regain his former glory. Ever the romanticist. Slow learner.

Clemson Cycling said:
This team has had some pretty impressive victories this year considering the size and resources the team has.

Yup. Considering the economy's affect on Ball's business, he could have easily folded the team. Lots of other teams and races have not survived.

Supposedly the team will be registered as a Mexican team next year, and the schedule will include more international races.

A

Anonymous

Mea culpa...

My wife bought a pair of jeans for me. They are Rock & Republic. I nearly shit myself. I looked at the sticker price. The ticket read $195.00 (US).

It was at this time that she noticed the steam coming out of my ears and she chimed in "got 'em on sale for 40 bucks"... So, I tried them on, they fit great and were cheaper than Levi's.

Don't know how much they cost to make but I guess they made a profit. They can use my $40 to hire Flandis but I will burn these jeans if Kayle comes back to the team. He has my vote as the dumbest doped 'pro' cyclist in the history of dumb doping pro cyclists.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Mea culpa...

My wife bought a pair of jeans for me. They are Rock & Republic. I nearly shit myself. I looked at the sticker price. The ticket read $195.00 (US).

It was at this time that she noticed the steam coming out of my ears and she chimed in "got 'em on sale for 40 bucks"... So, I tried them on, they fit great and were cheaper than Levi's.

Don't know how much they cost to make but I guess they made a profit. They can use my $40 to hire Flandis but I will burn these jeans if Kayle comes back to the team. He has my vote as the dumbest doped 'pro' cyclist in the history of dumb doping pro cyclists.

I have a pair as well. It came from China though.

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
I guess they have to find a way to pay for that flasshy cadillac gas guzzler to get up climbs like Mt Palomar by charging $195 for a pair of jeans.I guess you cant take corners at 60 mph in a hummer.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Rock will be selling a bicycle line next year as well. Yes, R&R's profits have gone up lately and they have had an influx of cash from team sponsors. This team did pretty well this year, and last year helped sponsored many races in the US(the 3 philly/pa races, iron hill crit, tour de Georgia to name a few.) So the team has been good for US cycling.

The race gear they make is the best quality you will find. Period. I wear their kit every ride and they are the best bibs I have ridden, and I have ridden some very expensive bibs. Plus who can go wrong with black and skulls.

I once saw a guy with thier winter jacket in a club downtown, was funny to be chilling to R&b/hiphop while their was a cycling jacket in the club.

I don't care about the history of the riders on the team, as long as they test clean, racing is about fun to me, not worrying who is needling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS