• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Landis to Rock

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Im lost.. which word are we talking about, and which one was i accused of being.. :confused:

Carboncrank said:
lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous.

That's what it sounded like to me. It's my opinion.

Now im completely lost. in what way was i insincere, or false, i think i was rather frank and honest to be honest.. Youre welcome to your opinion but not when youre opinion involves throwing allegations in my direction of what i intended by my post.

Your opinion sucks

And how did you get involved in this argument anyway? :p

A

Anonymous

craig1985 said:
How does one tell if somebody is from the same mould of BPC etc.? I'm never really any good at spotting multi trolls.

Me either.. memory like a seive and I walk around with my eyes shut most of the time. At work with new staff i used to call them into the office whenever i needed to talk to them for about the first three months, cos then i could look on the rota to check i had their names right (and i only ever had about six staff)

Carboncrank

BANNED
Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Use of language, terms, idioms, and such. Trolling technique. Look for patterns.

Carboncrank appears to be that dangerous nut jackhammer111.

He's been making this claim almost every day.

It's just what he does with anyone that annoys him. If I'm not him I must be one of I don't know how many people he claims were banned.

They may not have been banned. They may have just tired of the gang mentality here.

Where does this meanness in you come from? Why are you spending so much time and energy trying to prove I'm someone who should be dismissed?

I'm here to talk about cycling. You make your case I'll make mine.

Carboncrank

BANNED
Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
You don't talk about cycling. All you do is troll.

I'm not writing this for Bro. He's beyond hope. I respond beacuse of other people who might read his stuff and think it's true.

It's not true that I don't talk about cycling and anyone who looks at my posts can see that.

I back my claims with quotes and links to articles that prove what I'm saying. I offer more proof with facts than anybody on here. I spend more time checking facts before I write than I probably should but I know if I get it wrong this place can come down hard.

I'm not lazy. I don't claim to be right because I say I'm right. I'm right when I can prove I'm right. I love to read and I love to research.

Calling me a troll is the laziest insult you can come up with.

I've never had anybody that knows me call me stupid. Around here, if you don't drink the cool aid, it must because you are stooopid.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Carboncrank said:
I'm not writing this for Bro. He's beyond hope. I respond beacuse of other people who might read his stuff and think it's true.

It's not true that I don't talk about cycling and anyone who looks at my posts can see that.

I back my claims with quotes and links to articles that prove what I'm saying. I offer more proof with facts than anybody on here.

I'm not lazy. I don't claim to be right because I say I'm right. I'm right when I can prove I'm right. I love to read and I love to research.

I've never had anybody that knows me call me stupid. Around here, if you don't drink the cool aid, it must because you are stooopid.

But finally the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in cycling, the cynics and the sceptics. I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. But this is one hell of a race. This is a great sporting event and you should stand around and believe it. You should believe in these athletes, and you should believe in these people. I'll be a fan of the Tour de France for as long as I live. And there are no secrets - this is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it.

hmmm.... I see you are taking notes from you master. Similar format, all bullsh!t. you see the picture

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Carboncrank said:

I back my claims with quotes and links to articles that prove what I'm saying. I offer more proof with facts than anybody on here. I spend more time checking facts before I write than I probably should but I know if I get it wrong this place can come down hard.

Tell us, how many times have you been banned for Trolling? How many times for threatening to kill people?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Does anyone have a photo of Bruyneel's wife?

I want to see if Floyd is correct.... Hooker or str1pper?

Who use to have the Ava Maria username? They changed it to something more tasteful. If you remember ask them, their profile pic was of the woman.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
The wedding invite is a classic, but it does not do her justice. She has cleaned up nicely in the the last few years, when she was a blond it was a sight to see.

Photos deleted by mod

mikeNphilly said:
I'm not trying to shoot the messenger, he can blog all he wants. I just think Papp should tell his story(which it seems he has) and try to make PSA's, so to speak, on the dangers of such doping, and help the sport by being a force against doping...not just making unproven claims about anyone that is a hot topic to cycling fans and making unproven claims against riders. Then some fans take his word as truth and it simply is not the truth, only his educated opinion. I wish one rider would come out and not start claiming as soon as the ink on the lab report dries, that well...everyone is else is doing it, here are some random big names...talk about them now, and leave me alone.

I don't respect the dopers at all, but I also try not to make accusations about riders about that have never failed any dope tests. When I read a thread that has Joe Papp stuff in it, it seems as its one of those TMZ shows or something.

I wish all riders that doped worked hard to prevent it after the fact, not try to make every other rider look bad.

Couple things:

1) The FL post was intended to be read in such a way as to allow for the humor inherent in it. Sorry if that didn't come across.

2) Regarding public service: I lecture at universities on the danger of sports doping, I've spoken to high school and university coaches on the same topic, delivered to USADA's entire staff a very powerful presentation on how doping destroys lives using my own as an example, and would do as much PSA work as I could find. In fact, I was even invited by the UCI to take a lead role in some of the educational efforts. Unfortunately, for various reasons including that I'm still providing information of value to those agencies and others, my primary role is not yet that of official, sanctioned, anti-doping spokesperson. So, I tell my story in public when asked to, comment on forums if I think my perspective will do any good, speak one-to-one with those genuinely interested in learning about what motivated me, how I got away with it and what the price paid was, and finally, I try to maintain a sense of humor by occasionally treating doping with more of an irreverent, (tryingtobe)humorous touch.

You guys can always contact me directly though if you disagree, have a point to share, want to talk **** to my "virtual" face, etc.

Trying to dig out of this storm in WestPa right now, before the next arrives.

Oh, as for making other riders look bad - the dudes who doped and haven't been busted yet, who I have info on ... they're going to look bad not b/c of me, but because of themselves - because they doped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS