• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lanterne Rouge

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Following Lanterne Rouge is actually quite interesting. Makes you realize that every single one of these riders deserves to be at the TdF and that none of us could follow the wheel of even the slowest rider of the Tour.

Yauheni Hutarovich was in the Lanterne Rouge for the first two days of the tour and he nearly won stage 5 today. Would have been an amazing victory for him.

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Agreed! I'm in my 5th year now of following the Tour de France Lanterne Rouge in my blog Tour de France Lanterne Rouge at http://tdflr.blogspot.com/ . You nearly quoted the subheading: Celebrating the last-place rider in the General Classification - because you couldn't hang on his wheel for thirty seconds.

Latest posts