• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Laurent Jalabert is full of s**t

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Le breton said:
Does not mean anything in French.
Never heard the expression in English or Spanish either.
I had a similar question:

"Gueule de singe"......

It seems to be a Canadian insult, but even then I can't figure out how it applies here as translating insults is very dificult due to cultural aspects.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Franklin said:

"Gueule de singe"......

It seems to be a Canadian insult, but even then I can't figure out how it applies here as translating insults is very dificult due to cultural aspects.

Nope, still cold. The term is "monkey mouth" and it comes from the video referenced in this post: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=1219771&postcount=1639

The suggestion is that Jaja is lying in the same manner as did Mr. Armstrong.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Franklin said:

"Gueule de singe"......

It's new to me, although 'gueule de bois' was all too familiar this morning. 'Monkey mouth' is the literal translation, well as literal as you can translate into slang anyway. Wish I could open that video.