• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Leading GB cyclist tests positive (yikes)!

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

thehog said:
King Boonen said:
Disgraceful email, just goes to back up the claims from Varnish et. al. The explanation of the "poor wording" is complete BS in my opinion, he knew exactly how it would be taken.

Awesome stuff from British Cycling. First the deny everything with regards to Sutton, then after insomuntable media pressure begin an investigation of which, if you tell the truth you lose your Olympic spot!

And Russia supposedly has the problem.... sheeeeh :rolleyes:
stuff like this should come as a surprise to no-one except those who grow up thinking speakers of English are less prone to fraud, corruption and doping than speakers of Russian, Spanish and Swahili.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

gazr99 said:
King Boonen said:
Disgraceful email, just goes to back up the claims from Varnish et. al. The explanation of the "poor wording" is complete BS in my opinion, he knew exactly how it would be taken.

Agreed the second email is the realisation he just basically sent a threatening email to everyone when he knows there is a leak at BC, which means it will be in the media soon, so is covering his back. No honestly I didn't mean it :rolleyes:

Different question who do we think the leak/leaks are at BC? I think one will be one of the female riders/support staff trying to prove sexism and how BC treat riders

Why is it a female? That is a sexist view, no?

The proof is there. More than one athlete has come out and Sutton left. That there are now threatening emails being sent shows that GB cycling has no intention of changing its spots.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

thehog said:
Benotti69 said:
Yeah threatening people is the behaviour of clean sporting people.

I did like this:

The email was sent by Andy Harrison, who replaced Sutton after the Australian’s departure four weeks ago, and details how riders should respond to the various allegations.

Out with the old and in with the... old again! :rolleyes:
we could open a "Harrison is worse than Sutton" thread. :D

samhocking said:
He might feel innocent of his actions, but when the riders are clearly responsible for what enters their blood, perhaps Agostini shouldn't have just asked his mum to rub some cream she found in the back of the medicine cabinet into his butt without calling the team Doctor first or loading up WADAs banned substance app on his phone to check first?
Despite his letter of innocence, I'm sure he wished he'd just suffered the itch in his butt for a couple of more minutes while he checked, and given that his team sacked him too, perhaps they wished this too?

Such heinous conduct, which was in multiple violation of the anti-doping rules and the precise instructions of the medical staff in pre-season meetings, has led to the immediate dissolution of his contract.

Yet another naive person - Many prohibited substances don't appear on the apps - In some cases you have to navigate around 28 different screens to get a match.

gazr99 said:
King Boonen said:

Agreed the second email is the realisation he just basically sent a threatening email to everyone when he knows there is a leak at BC, which means it will be in the media soon, so is covering his back. No honestly I didn't mean it :rolleyes:

Different question who do we think the leak/leaks are at BC? I think one will be one of the female riders/support staff trying to prove sexism and how BC treat riders

Well it was BC who leaked S.Yates AAF to take media pressure off their own internal issues.

Re:

trevim said:
So it seems like Yates will be back for the Dauphine. How is that possible, isn't he suspended or something? Why can't Henao ride as well?

Yates has not been provisionally suspended at this time, despite the AAF.

Henao, can ride according to the UCI, but has been sidelined by TeamSky.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

yaco said:
trevim said:
So it seems like Yates will be back for the Dauphine. How is that possible, isn't he suspended or something? Why can't Henao ride as well?

Its a specified substance and attracts no provisional suspension - The whole thing has been a beat up from day one.

No it hasn't. Yates was caught on film not know the name of an asthma'inhaler', calling it a 'puffer thingy', so please explain how a guy supposedly with asthma doesn't know it is called an 'inhaler'?

I'll explain it for ya, doping.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Catwhoorg said:
trevim said:

Yates has not been provisionally suspended at this time, despite the AAF.

Henao, can ride according to the UCI, but has been sidelined by TeamSky.

Henao, out of sight out of mind....

Re:

hrotha said:
This could easily go on a dozen different threads, as it's about British Cycling rather than about Yates per se, but wow:
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-cycling-issues-email-threat-to-riders-0sx76qbpm?shareToken=33a22be8384ddcabffc28382ca1f6551

The wheels are coming off the clown car!

Here's the link without the token part so you get the first part of the story. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/british-cycling-issues-email-threat-to-riders-0sx76qbpm

I'm looking forward when the scandals kick into high gear.

snccdcno

BANNED
Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
So is a 4-month unintentional doping ban a thing with precedence or did they conjure this offense from thin air?

Vegard Robinson Bugge got a four month ban for using the same substance last year, don't know if that was also classed as unintentional doping mind.

TRENDING THREADS