• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

LeMond's letter to McQuaid

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It's a good letter that sounds very sincere. But kicking McQuaid will only be possible if the media, and I'm thinking New York Times, BBC, etc, not cyclingnews.com, really gets on it and pushes the case of the UCI's complicity in doping in the last 2 decades.

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Just tried to go on fat pats facebook account to look at the letter and in the related pages it has Vino and Rasmussen. 2 convicted dopers LOL.

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
spalco said:
It's a good letter that sounds very sincere. But kicking McQuaid will only be possible if the media, and I'm thinking New York Times, BBC, etc, not cyclingnews.com, really gets on it and pushes the case of the UCI's complicity in doping in the last 2 decades.

BBC wont go after McQuaid until one of Team Sky gets popped.

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
The mainstream press is picking up the story led by the Associated Press. It has appeared in USNews, Telegraph and other outlets. But, it's the US racing cyclists who can start sticking it to both USACycling and the UCI.

Big Daddy said:
Could someone get an online petition going to get Pat McQuaid off the UCI?

Won't help. He will simply tell you that you should mind your own business. He did so when the head of the Dutch cycling federation asked for clarification from the UCI.

Only way to get him out is to find proof of bribery, corruption or something like that, and that will be very hard when the UCI keeps its doors shut.

By the way LeMonds letter (or rather a translation/summary) is also published by the major Dutch news outlets.

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The most effective way for this to go forward (with the Kimmage fund) would be a template letter that people can send to their National Federations threatening to pull their membership etc for 2013 unless their federations push for the immediate resignation of McQuaid and Verbruggen.

It wouldnt be difficult for such a letter to be translated into all languages!

Like someone else indicated - without their funding the UCI is toast.

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
With all due respect, I disagree.

There's a concept called the writer's "voice" - and this letter protrays Greg's voice, and emotion, nicely. He's not the smartest cookie - spelling mistakes are evidence of that - but it's a genuine message.

As an example of a well written message, look at the latest diary entry from Cadel. Not only is it spineless and sterile, it's clearly not Cadel's "voice".

Happily posted it to the blog.

Dear Pat,

Do you want me to punch you in the face!?

Greg

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Richmond example

I don't know the exact facts. But I seem to remember the Richmond 2015 uci world championship has a relative as a part of the promotion team. Can that be confirmed.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
apmoss said:
Dear Pat,

Do you want me to punch you in the face!?

Greg
Lets be clear about something . Lemond is a fraud and a liar. I dont think greg wants to punch him in the face but he does want the job...thats clear in gregs mind there is no one but him that can save cycling. Greg the great clean crusader.
problem is we do have to question motives here and FACTS...Heres a guy who as a neo pro with no grand tour experience who was third in his first tour. A Neo pro THIRD? never happened before or since except with raimundas...who was found to be positive. Merckx was 45th in his first. Indurain 58th armstrong 55th Hinault 40th...but squeaky clean Greg riding for Old school Guimard places third but hes clean? Good one :D...Guimard had a "program" guided himault fingnon and lemond...I suppose the ever so clean greg never noticed anything or did anything while there. Funny he has never spoken of Guimard, Fignons Positives or Hinaults steroid road rage. ..mmm hmmm. From my years racing I was always able to tell the dopers. The ones whose performances stood out above and beyond the average top pros . Gregs first year performance with no experience whatsoever in the tour landing third is not exemplary its obviously unbeleivable but he did have a good docotr and guimard... Lotsa boy scouts on here who want to beleive otherwise but greg has always been an unethical individual. Remember when he chased down Jaques Boyer in the worlds becuase he didnt want him to win? He said it was because "He thought Boyer had said somethings about him in french during an interview but he didnt know what they were." When i read that I realized he was fundamentally paranoid and still is. When we look at the long list of dopers that have been caught by uci and wada for lemond to say they are not doing their job is a joke. they also instituted the biological passport which creates baseline parameters to judge riders performances. Lemond is whining about the UCI what about his buddy travis at USADA? If we want to talk about incompetence lets put that horse in the right stable...where in the hell was Tygart the hundreds of times that LA competed in the usa?
Not to mention levi hincpaie and the dozens of others of whom NONE usada caught.. Why werent they doing their job? I am truly upset that they let a cheat like armstrong and all the others get away with that and they did let him. LA wasnt in control of doping tests in the usa , USADA was so why arent they being held accountable? They totally screwed up. What we have seen is a tacit admission that they couldnt catch him because they werent smart enough...translation...incompetent...
Menawhile where is greg? Where are his vcomplaints aobut their incompetence? He doesnt want THAT job ;-)
What about WADA? they are the ones that actually administer the tests . They took hair samples from armstrong...It is impossible to cheat on hair samples...if there was epo in his hair samples why didnt they report it?
why sint greg whining about wada? he doesnt want that job... The uci is a governing body not a testing body. Lemond knows this so why is he crowing so loudly? He wants the job but methinks he protesteth too much. His other teamate Fignon was a known doper. Lemond set a record speed for a time trial beatign figtnon who admitted he was doping after!Hinault was famous for his steroid induced road rage but greg who beat them both was a boy scout? are you idiots??? Raimundas was the ONLY OTHER RIDER who placed third coming from nowhere and the uci was critical of him and he was caught(once again they did the job they have done all along)the world is populated with true believers but sorry guys your idol is made of brass...not gold...There is nothing Lemond can or would do that would make thing s any better. He just wants the limelight again..truth is WADA and USADA are far more incompetent thna the uci if they administer hundreds of tests but cant catch a cheat. This isnt hyperbole,..its a fact...

TRENDING THREADS