• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lennard Kämna Bandwaggon thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Why isn't this called 'The Lennard Kamna Is The New Andreas Kloden Thread'? :smile:

Because unlike Klöden Kämna is a likeable and charismatic guy.

Kämna easily would have Top 10 potential this year already. He`ll have towork for Buchmann of course, but it will be the last time. Kämna is 10 times as talented as Buchmann and will be a victory contender from next year on. The sky is the limit for him.

Kämna shows an impressing balance of hardness between flat and mountain (including ITT). There may be a few percent missing for the absolute top on the mountain though.

I was really impressed how he crossed the finish line with Tom Dumoulin during the final stage of the Dauphine and that he came in eighth overall
the day just after his stage win.

In his stage win he was also able to leave Alaphilippe and Kwiatkowski behind. The reigning Giro winner made the same experience today as well as Alaphillipe again. :D That is already strong.

I would be very happy to see Kämna as team captain on a week-long stage race like Paris-Nice or even at the Vuelta next year. It's time for him, I guess.

Kämna shows an impressing balance of hardness between flat and mountain (including ITT). There may be a few percent missing for the absolute top on the mountain though.

I was really impressed how he crossed the finish line with Tom Dumoulin during the final stage of the Dauphine and that he came in eighth overall
the day just after his stage win.

In his stage win he was also able to leave Alaphilippe and Kwiatkowski behind. The reigning Giro winner made the same experience today as well as Alaphillipe again. :D That is already strong.

I would be very happy to see Kämna as team captain on a week-long stage race like Paris-Nice or even at the Vuelta next year. It's time for him, I guess.

I think with his recovering ability he must be best suited for GTs. I mean he has been going really hard the last days and he doesn't seem to tire one bit. Same already last year. Going in breaks multiple times and being strongest in terms of staying with the GT contenders on the last mtf. Curious to see how he will do today and if he tries to stay with the group of favorites today as long as he can or if he will take it easy after yesterday. Also the final TT will be interesting. When it comes to high mountains I actually think that long climbs suit him best.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
I wouldn't say that this are only mental problems. He overtrained, got sick in the training after his first race and did not recover. According to the statement at the bora-hansgrohe homepage, he wasn't really fit at Algavre. That weight on him mentally which is understandable. A lot of riders probably would take things like that easier, but I can understand him. He will recover in the next weeks and I am pretty sure he will start riding again this year.
The way he is riding at the races indicates that he has fun while racing. I just wouldn't push him to be a GC contender in the future. He extended his contract for a year.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think this is more related to mental issues than anything else. I mean that statement and the flexible break isn't like anything you get when a rider is simply not in shape after being sick.

Even before in nearly every article he is quoted in its all about he isnt ready yet, how he needs more time, how he has goals for a race but how it's all without pressure and that he will just see how it goes.

I have been off the bandwagon for a while now. He can't handle the pressure as it seems. In Germany many consider him still as the biggest GC talent but I would be surprised if he ever finishes a GT on the podium. He also has actually never shown anything GC wise in even the smaller stages races he has ridden. Last years 8th place at the Dauphine was maybe somewhat of an exception but also that was rather lucky after a lot of riders had to drop out of the race. Other than that his best results came out of escape groups when he was already way down in the GC. And I think thats going to remain his ceiling for the rest of his career.

TRENDING THREADS