• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2016

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ticker for 3-DAAGSE VAN WEST-VLAANDEREN :

http://www.directvelo.com/direct/2709/3-daagse-van-west-vlaanderen-etape-2

Final stage.

16022834840-hoehenprofil-driedaagse-van-west-vlaanderen-2016---etappe-2.png

Re:

Dazed and Confused said:

Last lap, 14km to go.

Group:
Lukasz Wisniowski (Etixx - Quick Step), Sean De Bie, Tosh Van der Sande (Lotto Soudal), Nils Politt (Katusha), Timothy Dupont (Verandas Willems), Olivier Pardini (Wallonie Bruxelles) et Xandro Meurisse (Crelan - Vastgoedservice).

with about 1min in front.

Re:

trevim said:
Quickstep striking out again in a "cobbled race". They better get it together for the big ones.

Will be hard against the new generations of cobble-sprinters like Sagan, Degenkolb and Kristoff. EQS "only" have Boonen for that. Terpstra, Stybar and Vandenbergh will always lose against those guys 1vs1 - like we saw last RVV.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I am happy for Will Clarke and Sean de Bie - two former Leopards! Will Clarke has been consistently winning stages and prologues in the Asia tour for a few seasons now. Last season was a little less successfull but this year he already has two wins to his name. Since he often wins prologues, any Continental squad looking for good exposure in the Asia Tour should be happy to have him.

Sean de Bie has really developed into a great rider! After a quiet first season among the professionals he had his breakthrough last season with two wins and many top-10's. He seems to have great instincts for the classics and for one-day races, plus the legs to back it up. I think Lotto is the perfect team for him, and I am excited to see what more he can do this season. He hasn't done a GT yet - maybe the Vuelta could be a good experience for him this year.

Re: Re:

Akuryo said:
trevim said:
Quickstep striking out again in a "cobbled race". They better get it together for the big ones.

Will be hard against the new generations of cobble-sprinters like Sagan, Degenkolb and Kristoff. EQS "only" have Boonen for that. Terpstra, Stybar and Vandenbergh will always lose against those guys 1vs1 - like we saw last RVV.
That's a problem specially regarding Degenkolb and Kristoff. I was referring more to the fact that EQS has been missing that spark when they actually make the race, get lots of riders in the moves and sometimes gets beaten in sprints; this year I'm still to see it.

trevim said:
Akuryo said:
trevim said:

That's a problem specially regarding Degenkolb and Kristoff. I was referring more to the fact that EQS has been missing that spark when they actually make the race, get lots of riders in the moves and sometimes gets beaten in sprints; this year I'm still to see it.

Strade Bianche?

del1962 said:
trevim said:
Akuryo said:
trevim said:

Strade Bianche?
I was referring to the cobbled classics :)

22 year old Stepan Astafyev of Vino 4ever SKO takes his first pro win on Stage 2 of the Tour de Taiwan, winning solo by 2 and a half minutes. He now leads the GC by over a minute and a half. This follows Oleg Zemlyakov winning Le Tour de Filipinas. I guess with Nibali leaving at the end of this year, Vino needed to create some new talent.

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
22 year old Stepan Astafyev of Vino 4ever SKO takes his first pro win on Stage 2 of the Tour de Taiwan, winning solo by 2 and a half minutes. He now leads the GC by over a minute and a half. This follows Oleg Zemlyakov winning Le Tour de Filipinas. I guess with Nibali leaving at the end of this year, Vino needed to create some new talent.
Astafyev solo to win the stage large partly because other teams didn't cooperate to chase him, give him too much time...

Tour de Taiwan update: Astafyev lost his lead on stage 3, which was won by Peter Schulting (Parkhotel Valkenburg CT), with Ben O'Connor (Avanti IsoWhey Sport) narrowly taking the lead. On stage 4, prologue winner William Clarke (Drapac) won a bunch sprint. On the decisive stage 5, Robbie Hucker (Avanti) won the stage and the overall - Mancebo came 2nd, O'Connor 3rd, Schulting 4th, Amir Kolahdozhagh (Pishgaman Giant Team) 5th.

Re:

TMP402 said:
Tour de Taiwan update: Astafyev lost his lead on stage 3, which was won by Peter Schulting (Parkhotel Valkenburg CT), with Ben O'Connor (Avanti IsoWhey Sport) narrowly taking the lead. On stage 4, prologue winner William Clarke (Drapac) won a bunch sprint. On the decisive stage 5, Robbie Hucker (Avanti) won the stage and the overall - Mancebo came 2nd, O'Connor 3rd, Schulting 4th, Amir Kolahdozhagh (Pishgaman Giant Team) 5th.

Seems weird to have the first Iranian guy be only 5th.