• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Lesser Known Race Results 2016

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A shame Murcia is relegated to the lesser known races thread but sounds like it was a good one. BMC bossed it with Gilbert, Hermans and TJ top 7.
Comments

Gilbert
Valverde
Zakarin
Lulu
Hermans
Kangert
Van Garderen
Big gap

Good signs from TJ, Zaka, and Kangert in their 1st race of the season

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Ricco' said:
Clasica de Almeria, shortened by the strong wind, will be made of 6 laps of a 3.5km circuit. 21 km of a race.

UCI officials should cancel this farse.

Thta's sad, there is a good field too. I guess the riders will all be out training after the race?

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Clasificaciones

Clasificación de la Clásica de Almería:

1. Leigh Howard (AUS/IAM Cycling)
2. Alekséi Tsatevitch (RUS/Katusha) - m.t.
3. Aleksejs Saramotins (LAT/IAM Cycling) - m.t.
Enviar a un amigo

Good win for Howard - Rode well in Australia and is enjoying more freedom at IAM - Will be interesting to see how many race days he does in 2016 He only did 27 race days for OGE in 2015. Actually OGE riders don't ride much, hence their absence from riding till the 27th.

Re:

yaco said:
Good win for Howard - Rode well in Australia and is enjoying more freedom at IAM - Will be interesting to see how many race days he does in 2016 He only did 27 race days for OGE in 2015. Actually OGE riders don't ride much, hence their absence from riding till the 27th.
Given the circumstances, how could this be considered a win of any meaning?

Re: Re:

PeterB said:
yaco said:

A win is a win is a win, as they say.

Re:

jaylew said:
A shame Murcia is relegated to the lesser known races thread but sounds like it was a good one.

Agreed lets hope they get back to the three days next year. It is a really good race to watch as you can usually get to see it in several places including the start and finish if you want to even on one day. Movistar had a real go as well attacking on the last part of the Collado Bermejo climb with Valverde joining Jon Izaguirre and Ruben Fernandez on the descent and the flat towards the Cresta del Gallo climb. The headwind proved too much though. Amazing that Valverde was still there at the finish after all the previous work he did. Good sprint by Gilbert at the end.

TMP402 said:
PeterB said:
yaco said:

Sure, but there is no need to pretend it is equal to winning the race in other years. And if anyone including Howard ever tries to put any weight to this win, they are under risk that someone else can always use the nature of this year's race as a valid counter-argument against boasting too much about it.
Anyway, I like this pic from the race and its description:
bettiniphoto_0234263_1_originali_670.jpg

"A chance for a mid-race coffee"

PeterB said:
TMP402 said:
PeterB said:
yaco said:

Sure, but there is no need to pretend it is equal to winning the race in other years. And if anyone including Howard ever tries to put any weight to this win, they are under risk that someone else can always use the nature of this year's race as a valid counter-argument against boasting too much about it.
Anyway, I like this pic from the race and its description:
bettiniphoto_0234263_1_originali_670.jpg

"A chance for a mid-race coffee"

Way to read too much into my post. Howards win was in the conext of his struggles at OGE and a follow on from his good form in Australia.

The Tour de Filipinas (2.2) sounds pretty rough. From PCS:

STAGE 1 NO RACE, due to poor race security per Art. 2.2.015. Race stopped at 100km. Due to continued poor traffic condition, stage neutralize. No results at finish line and everybody will be same time. Points for KOM 1 & Sprint 1 are counted. These held successfully before neutralization, but no time bonus at sprint will be awarded. Prizes from Stage 1, will now be distributed evenly amongst Stage 2.

pastronef said:
Tom Jelte Slagter wins the 1st stage in Haut Var!
:)

Are your perhaps a dutch guy living in Italy? :)

Yaaaay TJ the butcher. Hope he has a better year than last year which he was firing below his ability. I remember him dominating Paris - Nice only to lose that because of a crash and a mechanical. Else Betancur would've been 2nd.

Kwibus said:
pastronef said:

Yaaaay TJ the butcher. Hope he has a better year than last year which he was firing below his ability. I remember him dominating Paris - Nice only to lose that because of a crash and a mechanical. Else Betancur would've been 2nd.

no, I am Italian, but when Garmin Cannondale wins I like (I tell you sincerely, if Slagter rode for LottoSoudal or Bmc I wouldnt be cheering that much)

pastronef said:
Kwibus said:
pastronef said:

no, I am Italian, but when Garmin Cannondale wins I like (I tell you sincerely, if Slagter rode for LottoSoudal or Bmc I wouldnt be cheering that much)

Fair enough. I just noticed you cheering for a lot of dutchies, which I have no problem with obviously ;)